Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIGISTIX 2 DROPPED IN STORE TODAY (The best just got even Better)

Comments

• @RajahP said:
    Midi Export is a blast.. showed up in Helium nicely..

Marvelous..❤️

I’m curious. Why would you want to export midi from DigiStix to helium?. What’s the use case?.

• @tahiche said:

@RajahP said:
    Midi Export is a blast.. showed up in Helium nicely..

Marvelous..❤️

I’m curious. Why would you want to export midi from DigiStix to helium?. What’s the use case?.

Well, you can do some midi editing, before sending it to Desktop... Helium's Snapshots..you may want to trigger other drums... like Beathawk...

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@lmbrown said:
    I'd love to be able to import drum kit samples from Patterning 2 into Digistix, but since Patterning is IAA, I can't figure out how to point it to DS2 for auto sampling. Is this even possible? If not, is there a different way I could samples those drum kit sounds directly into DS2? I'm loving this app!

Patterning added into AUM, then DS2:

Routed, like so:

If you want to autosample, make sure the pad mappings use consecutive MIDI notes (i.e. not like I have it set up in the picture!) otherwise you will have gaps in your DS2 pads. Set up using the MIDI learn option in Patterning:

Make sure you note the first pad MIDI number in Patterning and use that as the starting autosample note. Don’t go by the note name as DS2 uses a different octave numbering scheme.

I did a test and was able to sample Patterning drum sounds this way.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I see what I need to do, but I'm having trouble actually getting it to work. I have everything set up in AUM the way you explained and that's all working fine. But when I go into Patterning, I can't get the MIDI notes to change to consecutive numbers. The numbers are 60, 62, 64, etc, like in your screenshot -- the white keys.

So I went in and changed all the MIDI notes manually from the Pattern screen, kit piece by kit piece:

I changed bass to 60, snare to 61, CHH to 62, etc. all the way to tom at 67. But when I go back to the Record screen and tap MIDI, the numbers haven't changed. They are still 60, 62, 64, etc.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Do you know how to change the notes so that they stay the way I edited them? Thanks for any help!

• @lmbrown said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@lmbrown said:
    I'd love to be able to import drum kit samples from Patterning 2 into Digistix, but since Patterning is IAA, I can't figure out how to point it to DS2 for auto sampling. Is this even possible? If not, is there a different way I could samples those drum kit sounds directly into DS2? I'm loving this app!

Patterning added into AUM, then DS2:

Routed, like so:

If you want to autosample, make sure the pad mappings use consecutive MIDI notes (i.e. not like I have it set up in the picture!) otherwise you will have gaps in your DS2 pads. Set up using the MIDI learn option in Patterning:

Make sure you note the first pad MIDI number in Patterning and use that as the starting autosample note. Don’t go by the note name as DS2 uses a different octave numbering scheme.

I did a test and was able to sample Patterning drum sounds this way.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I see what I need to do, but I'm having trouble actually getting it to work. I have everything set up in AUM the way you explained and that's all working fine. But when I go into Patterning, I can't get the MIDI notes to change to consecutive numbers. The numbers are 60, 62, 64, etc, like in your screenshot -- the white keys.

So I went in and changed all the MIDI notes manually from the Pattern screen, kit piece by kit piece:

I changed bass to 60, snare to 61, CHH to 62, etc. all the way to tom at 67. But when I go back to the Record screen and tap MIDI, the numbers haven't changed. They are still 60, 62, 64, etc.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Do you know how to change the notes so that they stay the way I edited them? Thanks for any help!

In AUM route the AUM keyboard to Patterning 2:

In Patterning 2 tap on Midi learn and then tap on the first pad, so it shows a circle with a cross inside:

In AUM tap on the note on the AUM keyboard you want to assign to the first pad.

In Patterning 2 tap on the next pad, so it shows a circle with a cross inside.

In AUM tap on the note on the AUM keyboard you want to assign to the selected pad.

And so on....

Tap on Midi learn in Patterning 2, when you have finished assigning notes.

• I think I need to master the drum sequencers I own in order of increasing complexity before I consider buying this. First up, Rozeta X0X.

• Cool! Just bought… ok NOW I have enough drum apps! 🤦

• @White -- thanks for the very helpful explanation, it's working perfectly!

• edited July 2021

Could you trigger sampling to a pad over MIDI? Also sample it again, clearing the previous take? The thing that would make me buy this immediately. I need this function live, and it's not like a looper, which commonly do not allow having that many samples/tracks or single-shot triggering samples NOW.

I'm not aware of any app with this functionality. They all want you to sample in the studio and only trigger the samples live.

• Does DS2 have mute/solo midi parameters for use in AUM?

• Being a pretty big fan of DS 1, and since it’s had a little time to settle in… I’m wondering is this a must purchase improvement from DS1?

• Interesting new update from a general sampling workflow point of view:

• edited July 2021

Export to wav option is in the hamburger next to the controllers button above the sequencer
    Looks like you need to be using a user kit to mixdown to pad. Long press on a pad for this option.

• There's a new video from 4pockets:

• @White said:
    There's a new video from 4pockets:

Excellent… It is time for him to start talking DAW/Host…

• Some useful snippets of info in there that I hadn’t found through playing with the latest updates.

Paul has said he is adding an option in the next update to reverse the pads when used melodically so that the lowest note starts on the bottom left, which is more familiar to me, rather than the current top left.

• I’m curious about 4pockets thoughts behind making DigiStix 2 iPad only. I know it has a lot of tiny rows of drum sounds to touch, but surely they could be scrollable or shrink/stretchable as needed for the smaller iPhone screen. Honestly for me the main thing that I like about 4pockets apps was being able to use them on iPhone and iPad both, kinda like CB3 or Audio Evolution, or the other Instruments and effects I choose to use. Sometimes I need it in both places to use when my other device is not with me.
    Am I the only one?

• edited July 2021

He doesn’t wait around!

Pad reverse is in the far right burger menu

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I’m curious about 4pockets thoughts behind making DigiStix 2 iPad only. I know it has a lot of tiny rows of drum sounds to touch, but surely they could be scrollable or shrink/stretchable as needed for the smaller iPhone screen. Honestly for me the main thing that I like about 4pockets apps was being able to use them on iPhone and iPad both, kinda like CB3 or Audio Evolution, or the other Instruments and effects I choose to use. Sometimes I need it in both places to use when my other device is not with me.
    Am I the only one?

I mentioned this in another DigiStix 2 thread. Paul said, "Although not my intention to release a new version this simply would not work on the iPhone so I was kind of forced into this decision."

I feel you, though. The main reason I bought DigiStix v1 was there were few options for a universal AUv3 drum app.

• Thanks for the information, glad to see Paul is still trying to keep his stuff as universal as he can when he can.

• Hmm, v2 is $9.99, but the upgrade bundle price is showing as $13.99 for me for some reason. And idea why that would be?

• @jscheel said:
    Hmm, v2 is $9.99, but the upgrade bundle price is showing as $13.99 for me for some reason. And idea why that would be?

Could be that you bought the original on sale. When that happens, the bundle can end up being more expensive than the individual purchase. It’s an Apple thing.

Or, try scrolling all the way down the app listing, then back up to the top. The App Store doesn’t always display the correct bundle price until you do that. 🙄

• @wim said:

@jscheel said:
    Hmm, v2 is $9.99, but the upgrade bundle price is showing as $13.99 for me for some reason. And idea why that would be?

Could be that you bought the original on sale. When that happens, the bundle can end up being more expensive than the individual purchase. It’s an Apple thing.

Or, try scrolling all the way down the app listing, then back up to the top. The App Store doesn’t always display the correct bundle price until you do that. 🙄

Ahh, good catch @wim. I got v1 for $6.99.

• Was wondering about ‘slice to pads’ on this gem.. Nice..

• I haven’t tried it yet, but this is useful to know about:

• Everything is so time consuming. When do we make music? New songs?

• @Franketti said:
    Everything is so time consuming. When do we make music? New songs?

Make some music and post it in the threads. It’s fun.

• edited July 2021

@Franketti said:
    Everything is so time consuming. When do we make music? New songs?

You should try desktop.. for time consuming..

Edit.. Still waiting for Drag and Drop MIDI and Ableton Link.. FL Studio..