Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIGISTIX 2 DROPPED IN STORE TODAY (The best just got even Better)

Comments

• @anickt said:

@echoopera said:

@anickt said:

@echoopera said:
    Anyone tried using the app with non Drum Samples? Wondering how useful it would be as a true MPC workflow solution when dealing with Melodic Samples. I assume you cannot play samples Chromatically as of yet with this version...is that correct?

No, you can map across pads

Any time stretching in there?

Not that I’ve seen

Looks like a bunch of nice workflow enhancements which kept me from using v1...so this is great.

Would love to know if this fits an MPC minded workflow type of user...

It could within its capabilities but it’s no MPC

Thanks...just finished the video overview. Looks like a decent Drum Sampler with some nice workflow enhancements and features. I think I'll stick with what I have so far in EG Pulse...

Cheers.

@echoopera There is time stretching and auto sampling is pretty cool

Nice… some videos would be good..

• @RajahP said:

@anickt said:

@echoopera said:

@anickt said:

@echoopera said:
    Anyone tried using the app with non Drum Samples? Wondering how useful it would be as a true MPC workflow solution when dealing with Melodic Samples. I assume you cannot play samples Chromatically as of yet with this version...is that correct?

No, you can map across pads

Any time stretching in there?

Not that I’ve seen

Looks like a bunch of nice workflow enhancements which kept me from using v1...so this is great.

Would love to know if this fits an MPC minded workflow type of user...

It could within its capabilities but it’s no MPC

Thanks...just finished the video overview. Looks like a decent Drum Sampler with some nice workflow enhancements and features. I think I'll stick with what I have so far in EG Pulse...

Cheers.

@echoopera There is time stretching and auto sampling is pretty cool

Nice… some videos would be good..

Paul shows auto sampling in the intro video

• can you offset drum hits
    in the grid, to be before or after the grid line or beat?

• Am I the only one that finds that the sequencer/pads screen should be the first one that show up when Digistix 2 opens, instead of the mixer/fx page? it just seems more straightfoward than having to scroll down every time.

• @audio_DT said:

@gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    How about moving presets from DS1 to DS2? Is that possible? Is it an easy process?

Yeah, it was the remapping that I was asking, really. Apparently there is an app (or more than one) which can do this remapping???

Do you mean midi remapping from a drum sequencer to another drum sound source? If so, MIDI Route will transpose notes, as will scripting apps like StreamByter and Mozaic.

Thank you! I've got Midi Route, so will try that. How will it know how to map, say, FAC drumkit 'kick' to digistix 'kick'? Oh, well, I'll have a mess and find out...!

One trick I learned in this forum is to record midi out into atom and hit pads 1-16 in order every quarter bar. Then you have the mapping in atom in order. Works for any pad or drum or whatever type app or midi controller.

• Auto sampling FAC Drum into DS2 is pretty cool.

• @anickt said:
    Auto sampling FAC Drum into DS2 is pretty cool.

how do you set this up? what instance of didgistix2 do you put in the fox slot
    in order to sample directly into it? only thing i see is “ Digistix2 Midi”

• @eross said:

@anickt said:
    Auto sampling FAC Drum into DS2 is pretty cool.

how do you set this up? what instance of didgistix2 do you put in the fox slot
    in order to sample directly into it? only thing i see is “ Digistix2 Midi”

That’s it. I’ll put up some screenshots in a bit. Paul goes through it in the preview video but he’s using an external source. The one thing that caught me is the MIDI offset. On the keyboard FAC drum 1 triggers at C2 but in DS you have to set First Note to C1. After that it was easy peasy. 😎👍🏼

• cool thanks

• Is this like a bm3 lite in auv3 format? Or no

• @eross said:
    cool thanks

This is 3 layers of each drum from FAC Drum. I’m not sure if there’s a way to automatically rename the DS2 pads. I think it’s just one at a time but considering the rest of the process is quick and simple that’s not so bad. Create a new empty drum kit before you start so you don’t overwrite anything. 😆
    Also see the preview video on YouTube where Paul goes through the process.

• WTKWTK
    edited July 2021

LP/HP Filter per pad would be nice. And having an option to auto name the pads via sample import would be cool too. And dedicated amp envelopes per pad would be cool as well. The length button is not my cup of tea. It does not work that well with longer samples.

• I have a question about Auto Sampler.

I'm trying to sample from Korg iElectribe, but iElectribe only accepts midi from channel 10.

So I tried to use Nurack tto change the midi channel with this setup:

Midi Routing:

But it doesn't work, in the midi monitor it shows channel 1

Is my setup wrong?

• Since you have MidiTools - I'd try 'Midi Clone & Filter' to remap channels.

• @Tim6502 said:
    Since you have MidiTools - I'd try 'Midi Clone & Filter' to remap channels.

Thanks, it works using Midi Clone & Filter 😊👍

• @White said:

@Tim6502 said:

@White

I tried MC&F and it didn’t work for me. Mind sharing your setup? Sure I’m missing something. Thanks! 😎👍🏼

• Does Keyboard -> MC&F (mapping to Ch 10) -> ET (with Background Audio enabled) work starting from key marked C2 ?

Then add DS2 in the effects slot, create new Drumkit, start Automap with 14 keys from C1 (36) with Skip Empty=yes (and Monitor enabled, if you prefer).

• @gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    How about moving presets from DS1 to DS2? Is that possible? Is it an easy process?

Yeah, it was the remapping that I was asking, really. Apparently there is an app (or more than one) which can do this remapping???

Do you mean midi remapping from a drum sequencer to another drum sound source? If so, MIDI Route will transpose notes, as will scripting apps like StreamByter and Mozaic.

Thank you! I've got Midi Route, so will try that. How will it know how to map, say, FAC drumkit 'kick' to digistix 'kick'? Oh, well, I'll have a mess and find out...!

Here’s a Hammerhead mapped to Slammer example I did for someone else https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/4c/cfdjbj3riw83.zip

Thank you, this will be very useful.

• @audio_DT said:

@gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Here’s a Hammerhead mapped to Slammer example I did for someone else https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/4c/cfdjbj3riw83.zip

Thank you, this will be very useful.

Re:

Banks from DS1 (and presumably kits also) import directly into DS2.
    Songs from DS1 do not import into DS2 - I consider this a bug.

Kits from DS2 do not import back to DS1. Though it would be awesome if Bank A from a DS2 kit could be imported by DS1 (even just with default assignments) - as it is so easy to capture kits into DS2 (useful for folks who want to employ DS1 on the phone).

• @anickt said:

@White said:

@Tim6502 said:

@White

I tried MC&F and it didn’t work for me. Mind sharing your setup? Sure I’m missing something. Thanks! 😎👍🏼

This is my setup:

• @White said:

@anickt said:

@White said:

@Tim6502 said:

@White

This is my setup:

Yes! Thank you @White 😎👍🏼

• iPad only sadge

• If I don't want to program sequences can I use this as a drum pad??

• @sclurbs said:
    If I don't want to program sequences can I use this as a drum pad??

If it functions the same as the StrummerFX app from the same developer, then yes.

• The "random" robin sounds like a pretty nice feature

• I'd love to be able to import drum kit samples from Patterning 2 into Digistix, but since Patterning is IAA, I can't figure out how to point it to DS2 for auto sampling. Is this even possible? If not, is there a different way I could samples those drum kit sounds directly into DS2? I'm loving this app!

• @lmbrown said:
    I'd love to be able to import drum kit samples from Patterning 2 into Digistix, but since Patterning is IAA, I can't figure out how to point it to DS2 for auto sampling. Is this even possible? If not, is there a different way I could samples those drum kit sounds directly into DS2? I'm loving this app!

Post some music or sounds you’ve created using the app.

• edited July 2021

@lmbrown said:
    I'd love to be able to import drum kit samples from Patterning 2 into Digistix, but since Patterning is IAA, I can't figure out how to point it to DS2 for auto sampling. Is this even possible? If not, is there a different way I could samples those drum kit sounds directly into DS2? I'm loving this app!

Patterning added into AUM, then DS2:

Routed, like so:

If you want to autosample, make sure the pad mappings use consecutive MIDI notes (i.e. not like I have it set up in the picture!) otherwise you will have gaps in your DS2 pads. Set up using the MIDI learn option in Patterning:

Make sure you note the first pad MIDI number in Patterning and use that as the starting autosample note. Don’t go by the note name as DS2 uses a different octave numbering scheme.

I did a test and was able to sample Patterning drum sounds this way.

• Midi Export is a blast.. showed up in Helium nicely..

Marvelous..❤️