Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIGISTIX 2 DROPPED IN STORE TODAY (The best just got even Better)

Comments

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Is it possible to set irregular measures?

Here are the supported signatures:

You can’t make one sequence shorter than the others in the one instance of the app but you could use multiple instances to make a limited variety of polyrhythms.

DigiKeys did get experimental support for choosing a specific numbers of steps for a pattern but this was again for all instruments so you would still need multiple instances to create polyrhythms.

• @sharifkerbage said:

Based on the few screens I’ve seen, doesn’t look like it.

• is there a bundle? I have 1 and never used it.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@sharifkerbage said:

Here are the supported signatures:

You can’t make one sequence shorter than the others in the one instance of the app but you could use multiple instances to make a limited variety of polyrhythms.

DigiKeys did get experimental support for choosing a specific numbers of steps for a pattern but this was again for all instruments so you would still need multiple instances to create polyrhythms.

@NeuM said:

@sharifkerbage said:

Based on the few screens I’ve seen, doesn’t look like it.

Thaanks! Seems to be partially possible

• No bundle as yet. But for the price it’s cheap enough.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The auto sampler auto mapping pretty neat just tried it with a synth loaded in AUM so doesn’t have to be hardware.

that’s cool, can you record directly into the app even without auto sampler? like
    can you have a synth pattern playing on another track in AUM and sample a snippet of that directly in? tha’d be cool

• @eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    The auto sampler auto mapping pretty neat just tried it with a synth loaded in AUM so doesn’t have to be hardware.

that’s cool, can you record directly into the app even without auto sampler? like
    can you have a synth pattern playing on another track in AUM and sample a snippet of that directly in? tha’d be cool

@eross not sure about that.

• edited July 2021

@eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:

You can record directly into a pad from whatever is before the app in the signal chain:

There does not appear to be a limit (that I have hit) on the length of the sample recorded in this way.

Tip for playing back notes from synths is to set the length to zero, or close to zero, otherwise the sample plays out in full when you hit the pad. When set to zero then the sample is only played while the pad is held down or the MIDI note for that pad is held:

• edited July 2021

Anyone tried using the app with non Drum Samples? Wondering how useful it would be as a true MPC workflow solution when dealing with Melodic Samples. I assume you cannot play samples Chromatically as of yet with this version...is that correct?

Any time stretching in there?

Looks like a bunch of nice workflow enhancements which kept me from using v1...so this is great.

Would love to know if this fits an MPC minded workflow type of user...

• @echoopera said:
    Anyone tried using the app with non Drum Samples? Wondering how useful it would be as a true MPC workflow solution when dealing with Melodic Samples. I assume you cannot play samples Chromatically as of yet with this version...is that correct?

No, you can map across pads

Not that I’ve seen

Looks like a bunch of nice workflow enhancements which kept me from using v1...so this is great.

It could within its capabilities but it’s no MPC

• edited July 2021

@anickt said:

@echoopera said:

Not that I’ve seen

Thanks...just finished the video overview. Looks like a decent Drum Sampler with some nice workflow enhancements and features. I think I'll stick with what I have so far in EG Pulse...

Cheers.

• Hey guys, I’m at work with only my phone right now, is this an iPad only app, or is it universal?

Please someone post a link to the new app.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Hey guys, I’m at work with only my phone right now, is this an iPad only app, or is it universal?

DigitStix 2 is iPad only, per Paul.

@eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:

You can record directly into a pad from whatever is before the app in the signal chain:

There does not appear to be a limit (that I have hit) on the length of the sample recorded in this way.

Tip for playing back notes from synths is to set the length to zero, or close to zero, otherwise the sample plays out in full when you hit the pad. When set to zero then the sample is only played while the pad is held down or the MIDI note for that pad is held:

oh perfect. thanks so much!

• @NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Hey guys, I’m at work with only my phone right now, is this an iPad only app, or is it universal?

Ah, figures.. got a link to it? I want to look at the App Store page for it, but don’t have my iPad with me.

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Ah, figures.. got a link to it? I want to look at the App Store page for it, but don’t have my iPad with me.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/digistix-2-auv3-plugin/id1573886932

• edited July 2021

If you already have v1 then do check the video out as it goes through pretty much all of the new stuff you can expect in v2. If anything is not mentioned then it is pretty safe to assume it is the same as v1.

From the comments in youtube there are a number of new features going to be added very soon so it will be interesting to see if they are v2 only.

• edited July 2021

Is pitch and decay midi mappable? And it does it support multi-out?

• @auxmux said:
    Is pitch and decay midi mappable? And it does it support multi-out?

It says multibus/outs when using AUM - in the App Store description.

• @NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Thanks!

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Thanks!

You bet!

• hhmmmm..definitely interested in how mapping it to an electric drum kit would work out, just got some V Drum, it would be so sweet to record drums tracks thru it app using my V Drums

• Auxmux it has 8 outputs for normal audio and 2 which function as fx sends.

• Strizbiz try helium sequencer. That allows you to create custom drum mappings. And the sequencer will handle up to 1/128th notes

@audio_DT said:
    Is it possible to easily map DigiStix 2 so that it sequences other drum machines, such as Drumkit, etc?

I have just tested and you will need to need to remap the MIDI either inside DS2 (you can MIDI learn each pad), or send through a remapping app as the default notes do not map directly to FAC Drumkit, for example. It does work though as a sequencer, yes.

That's interesting re: 'remapping app'. Any examples apps? I'll buy them instantly because the reamapping is a real pain and always puts me off! Thanks

• @Poppadocrock said:
    How about moving presets from DS1 to DS2? Is that possible? Is it an easy process?

Yeah, it was the remapping that I was asking, really. Apparently there is an app (or more than one) which can do this remapping???

• @audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    How about moving presets from DS1 to DS2? Is that possible? Is it an easy process?

Yeah, it was the remapping that I was asking, really. Apparently there is an app (or more than one) which can do this remapping???

Do you mean midi remapping from a drum sequencer to another drum sound source? If so, MIDI Route will transpose notes, as will scripting apps like StreamByter and Mozaic.

• @gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Do you mean midi remapping from a drum sequencer to another drum sound source? If so, MIDI Route will transpose notes, as will scripting apps like StreamByter and Mozaic.

Thank you! I've got Midi Route, so will try that. How will it know how to map, say, FAC drumkit 'kick' to digistix 'kick'? Oh, well, I'll have a mess and find out...!

• @audio_DT said:

@gusgranite said:

@audio_DT said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thank you! I've got Midi Route, so will try that. How will it know how to map, say, FAC drumkit 'kick' to digistix 'kick'? Oh, well, I'll have a mess and find out...!

Here’s a Hammerhead mapped to Slammer example I did for someone else https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/4c/cfdjbj3riw83.zip

• @echoopera said:

@anickt said:

@echoopera said:

Not that I’ve seen

Thanks...just finished the video overview. Looks like a decent Drum Sampler with some nice workflow enhancements and features. I think I'll stick with what I have so far in EG Pulse...

Cheers.

@echoopera There is time stretching and auto sampling is pretty cool