Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Some REAL Ambient produced 100% in Korg Gadget πŸ‘€

Yeah I f-cking did it. I showed up that tool Pulse Emitter. πŸ˜† (Yes I'm being cheeky.)

You know, I was absolutely excited to see this Korg Gadget and nanoKEY2 Ambient song creation with Pulse Emitter live stream on Youtube yesterday. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with the final results. So here, have some REAL Ambient produced 100% in Gadget (and mastered in Cubasis 3 and TwistedWave) instead. Here's how the instruments break down...

I have three drones running at the same time. The synths used for these are Dublin, Pompei, and Phoenix. The super soft piano sound is Salzburg. This one synth sound that occurs once is another Pompei. And the "rolling bass" that occurs near the end is Chicago.

In Cubasis 3, I ran the mix through MagicDeathEyeStereo with much subtler compression than I do with any of my EDM tracks. Then I ran TB Reelbus to simulate an extremely worn out tape and tape deck. In TwistedWave, I normalised the mix to -0.3dB, no limiting. This is Ambient, not EDM. For Soundcloud in order to avoid distortion, I normalised the mix to -3dB. That's it. That's all I did.

Cheers, and enjoy.

Comments

• If I had to pick a moment… I’d go with 14:38. :^>

• Oh yeaaah! You did it! Still gotta watch that official korg video and doug's
    But I sure am glad I could enjoy your track before bed
    😎✌

• @McD said:
    If I had to pick a moment… I’d go with 14:38. :^>

LOL! So many interesting happy little moments in this piece. :) What surprised me is how well it turned out for being a bit of a rush job. :lol:

@senhorlampada said:
    Oh yeaaah! You did it! Still gotta watch that official korg video and doug's
    But I sure am glad I could enjoy your track before bed
    😎✌

I'm glad you did mate. :) It's a perfect track before bed. Nothing horribly jarring at all. That's the point of it though was to make a track that makes you feel like you're floating while basking in warmth (if that makes any sense).

• Now stop smirking and get a shave!

• edited July 2021

@oat_phipps said:
    Now stop smirking and get a shave!

Make me, you bloody tosser. 😏

• Nice sound!
    And funny how @McD found the moment a piano hit happens :)
    I’m curious if you used the sequencer in Gadget since it seems you have some long sustained notes.

• @McM said:
    Nice sound!
    And funny how @McD found the moment a piano hit happens :)
    I’m curious if you used the sequencer in Gadget since it seems you have some long sustained notes.

Thank you so much mate. :) Yep, @McD picked a nice moment.

About what I used, I definitely used the sequencer in Gadget. (Yeah, screenshot or it didn't happen. ;) )

I set the BPM to around 70-75, and the time signature to 8/4. This way I could keep the actual BPM set to around 35-37 but have smoother automation (since one of the drawbacks to Gadget is the fact that you can't get an automation resolution smaller than 1/64th note, and the automation sounds stepped at a slower BPM).

• Excellent, mate! Very cinematic. πŸ‘

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Excellent, mate! Very cinematic. πŸ‘

Thank you so much mate. ^_^ Cheers.