Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus reinstall

edited July 2021 in Support and Feedback

I’m experiencing very slow session drawer response time. It takes about 7-10 secs for the drawer to appear. I thought it might be the number of sessions I have there but after the weeding the problem persists. In fact I managed to crash AB a couple of times last night when tapping save session.

So, I’m thinking of reinstalling Audiobus but wouldn’t like to lose any of the content. If I delete and install the app again will my sessions come back?
I don’t see Audiobus amongst the apps in my iCloud, hence the question.

Cheers

Comments

• edited July 2021

@supadom said:
    I’m experiencing very slow session drawer response time. It takes about 7-10 secs for the drawer to appear. I thought it might be the number of sessions I have there but after the weeding the problem persists. In fact I managed to crash AB a couple of times last night when tapping save session.

So, I’m thinking of reinstalling Audiobus but wouldn’t like to lose any of the content. If I delete and install the app again will my sessions come back?

Cheers

You could try the following to reinstall the app while preserving the data. Find Audiobus in Settings–>General–>iPad Storage, tap on the entry. You can then "Offload" the app. When that's done (takes a minute), you can "Reload" it. Of course, if the session data itself is corrupted, this might not help, but it's worth a try.

• @uncledave said:

@supadom said:

Cheers

You could try the following to reinstall the app while preserving the data. Find Audiobus in Settings–>General–>iPad Storage, tap on the entry. You can then "Offload" the app. When that's done (takes a minute), you can "Reload" it. Of course, if the session data itself is corrupted, this might not help, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn’t work but while doing it I’ve noticed I have 1.8Gb of data. Just wondering whether that’s the issue?

Any ideas @Michael?

• @supadom said:

@uncledave said:

@supadom said:

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn’t work but while doing it I’ve noticed I have 1.8Gb of data. Just wondering whether that’s the issue?

Any ideas @Michael?

Your best bet right now is probably to use a Mac/PC to copy out the presets over USB (using one of the various apps that do this), I'd say. Then delete/reinstall, and copy back on - and if you can reproduce the same issue, I'd love it if you could zip up all the presets and send them over to me so I can investigate.

• edited July 2021

@Michael said:

@supadom said:

@uncledave said:

@supadom said:

Cheers

Any ideas @Michael?

Your best bet right now is probably to use a Mac/PC to copy out the presets over USB (using one of the various apps that do this), I'd say. Then delete/reinstall, and copy back on - and if you can reproduce the same issue, I'd love it if you could zip up all the presets and send them over to me so I can investigate.

Ah, I completely forgot about the Mac option! Just looking at AB folder contents I see some presets in a folder but some not. I’m guessing this couldn’t be the issue?

Anyway, will report back.

• Ok @Michael I’ve tried to copy the contents to my desktop but kept getting ‘duplicate file’ dialog on my mac and it wouldn’t copy over anything. So I sat down and manually deleted quite a few ‘not so important’ sessions and now it seems to be working fine.

Is there any sense in reinstalling AB just to clear some accumulated data, clean the registry or does it not keep unnecessary stuff? I just don’t fancy reinstalling and running into other self inflicted issues.

• @supadom said:
    Ok @Michael I’ve tried to copy the contents to my desktop but kept getting ‘duplicate file’ dialog on my mac and it wouldn’t copy over anything. So I sat down and manually deleted quite a few ‘not so important’ sessions and now it seems to be working fine.

Is there any sense in reinstalling AB just to clear some accumulated data, clean the registry or does it not keep unnecessary stuff? I just don’t fancy reinstalling and running into other self inflicted issues.

Damn. That's annoying. But if it's working okay now, then.. I'd just leave it =)