Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioshare File Storage

I've added about 100gig of samples to my iPad, just to a folder within the 'on my iPad' storage. Then I've imported the whole library into Audioshare. I've read a bit online that iPads do not always show how much storage is truly being used. In my case now, The little storage bar shows that 200gig is being used, but it says only approx 100gig is being used. Which one is it? Am I using audioshare correctly? Or should I now delete the samples outside of audioshare so that they only exist within audioshare?

Comments

• How did you "import" them into AudoShare?
    Any reason not to add the samples to the AudioShare folder directly?

• I clicked the 'import from' button inside Audioshare then selected the main folders on my ipad storage. I only just got audioshare so didn't know I had to use it for certain apps before I put samples onto my iPad.

• It could be temporary, and just in the actual numbers. Sometimes the figures don’t always show correctly and take time to update in the device if you know what I mean. Like when you delete an app and the total storage doesn’t always go down immediately. Just a thought.

• @bdbr said:
    I've added about 100gig of samples to my iPad, just to a folder within the 'on my iPad' storage. Then I've imported the whole library into Audioshare. I've read a bit online that iPads do not always show how much storage is truly being used. In my case now, The little storage bar shows that 200gig is being used, but it says only approx 100gig is being used. Which one is it? Am I using audioshare correctly? Or should I now delete the samples outside of audioshare so that they only exist within audioshare?

I think the evidence to date is that copying it to Audioshare doesn't actually duplicate the data. See this wiki article and the article that it links to:

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=file_storage

• @espiegel123 said:

@bdbr said:

I think the evidence to date is that copying it to Audioshare doesn't actually duplicate the data. See this wiki article and the article that it links to:

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=file_storage

That's good information! Guess it's all fine then to do it how I've done it. Thanks for the tip!