Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figured out a good use for MIDIGuitar 2; VS - Visual Synthesizer!

Still playing with VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando. Last night I realized I could use MIDIGuitar 2 to generate MIDI from my guitars and send it to VS - Visual Synthesizer.

So I started noodling with my Les Paul Custom and recorded this. Nothing planned, practiced, or rehearsed. I just hit the record button and went to town, so please excuse any sloppy playing or sour notes I may hit, as I’m trying to bring all of my musical worlds together.

In keeping with the “Less is More” way of thinking, I tried to keep my guitar playing constrained to the type of style that I’ve been playing with the GeoSWAM Sax or trumpets in other pieces.

And as a special treat for my subscribers, I went out a bought this neat little illuminated marquee box that I can include in my videos and share a “message of the day”. I’ve been researching and watching other channels for ideas, so I have big plans for this channel. I hope you all stick around!

Today, I’m very happy and proud to announce that I’ve reached 125 subscribers on YouTube! This is a small amount of subscribers by YouTube standards, but HUGE to me! If I had to perform in front of all 125 of you in the same room, I’d be nervous AF!

Maybe (hopefully!) one day I’ll have 1000 subscribers on YT where I’d be able to do live streams of these types of jams all night long. I think it’d be a lot of fun!

Part 1 - Gibson Les Paul Custom shop Wine Red

Part 2 - Ibanez Destroyer (MIK)

Comments

• Great stuff @Edward_Alexander , really enjoyed these. The tone on the Gibson is beautiful. Be nice if you could donate the backing track by itself for others to jam along to 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Great stuff @Edward_Alexander , really enjoyed these. The tone on the Gibson is beautiful. Be nice if you could donate the backing track by itself for others to jam along to 😊

Thank you Tony!

I’m kinda rusty on the guitar, as I haven’t been playing every day like I used to, so what you’re seeing here is basically my warmup exercises while trying to play with the VS and MIDI Guitar thing and come up with some kind of groove to go with the piece. I had a couple ideas that I wanted to try! I just recorded the whole thing, ambient room noise and all with an iPhone.

A proper production of course, would have the audio tracks from the desk, and the video layer re-synced and then published.

In these two videos, you can hear the ambient room sounds, like the pick hitting the strings, the chair squeaking, and the GF walking into the room and coughing. 🤷‍♂️

• @Edward_Alexander said:

And as a special treat for my subscribers, I went out a bought this neat little illuminated marquee box that I can include in my videos and share a “message of the day”. I’ve been researching and watching other channels for ideas, so I have big plans for this channel. I hope you all stick around!

Really liking the subscriber light box.

The visuals overall are really cool.

Looking good.

• @Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Looking good.

Thanks! I was thinking it’d be cool to have visuals seem to jump out of the screen in the video, into the outer video’s foreground (if that makes sense?)

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Looking good.

Thanks! I was thinking it’d be cool to have visuals seem to jump out of the screen in the video, into the outer video’s foreground (if that makes sense?)

That does make sense.

Are you also thinking about using VS
    as an overlay for your live streaming?
    There was that guy who used
    VS on his livestream when doing
    finger drumming using a green screen.
    I don’t know how he managed to do it but
    it would suit what you’re doing down to a tee.

• @Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Looking good.

That does make sense.

I think I saw that. Was it Plexion (sp)?

• @GeoTony said:
    Great stuff @Edward_Alexander , really enjoyed these. The tone on the Gibson is beautiful. Be nice if you could donate the backing track by itself for others to jam along to 😊

Oh, the backing is actually my “Nautical Mile” piece that I posted a few days back. You’re more than welcome to download it and jam along to your hearts content. Please let me know if you plan on publishing anything with it. We could do a collaboration!

I still have plans to add something to that piece. Be it guitar, or the SWAM GeoSax, I don’t know yet. Still kicking around ideas.

• edited June 2021

And the illuminated marquee box? $14.99 at Walmart! 🤙

I didn’t realize though, until after I bought it, that it doesn’t have enough “A”s, “E”s, or enough “D”s to spell Edward Alexander 🤔

It only has 2 of each letter. I’ll have to find more, or just buy another whole box thing.

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Looking good.

That does make sense.

No, it wasn't Plexion it was NularMusic.

His video showing VS is here.

• Thanks @Edward_Alexander , I missed that one. Will try and do it justice! Your warmup exercises are excellent by the way… looking forward to when you reaching boiling point (musically speaking)

• @Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gravitas said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Looking good.

That does make sense.

No, it wasn't Plexion it was NularMusic.

His video showing VS is here.

This is pretty cool! Gives me more ideas.. he’s definitely using a green screen. Seems like I saw a fairly new camera app that talked about this stuff.

• @GeoTony said:
    Thanks @Edward_Alexander , I missed that one. Will try and do it justice! Your warmup exercises are excellent by the way… looking forward to when you reaching boiling point (musically speaking)

Thanks! Being that I quit smoking recently (again!) I’ve been trying to keep my mind (and fingers) busy. The guitar fills that space nicely.

Oh and posting videos on YouTube works too lol

• What I'm curious about is how did he manage to green screen VS.

Do you know what camera app?

Is it desktop only or is it available on iOS?

• edited June 2021

@Gravitas said:
    What I'm curious about is how did he manage to green screen VS.

Do you know what camera app?

Is it desktop only or is it available on iOS?

I think VS and another source video are just the back ground. He’s actually “green screening” himself isn’t he?

Shoot now that you mention it, the visuals do seem to overlap his body image at points. He’s a wizard!

I posted a comment on his video and asked what green screen app.

• Cool.
    Using a green screen is obvious.
    It’s the software to merge the
    visuals that we needed to know
    and it’s on desktop.

Hhhmmm another thought did
    he take an HDMI signal from an iPad???
    and it would be cool if there was
    a tutorial on how to merge visual
    signals using OBS.

I’m iOS only so I wonder if there is an
    app that can do this for iOS only users.

• edited June 2021

Theres this rather expensive app called LumaFusion i think, should be easily doable with that one, you cna do basically anything with it. The Auria Pro of iOS video editing... there's another app, called cap-something? with a grey icon I think... I think it is from the tiktok people or somehow related to them. It is also pretty extensive but free. Has a different workflow and basically a big collection of ready-made "filters", easier to get into but feels like luma might have more depth, so to say. I'm at work right now so I can't look up the names of both apps... But just greenscreening something or putting videos together with masks should be easy and straightforward with both apps.

• @dobbs said:
    Theres this rather expensive app called LumaFusion i think, should be easily doable with that one, you cna do basically anything with it. The Auria Pro of iOS video editing... there's another app, called cap-something? with a grey icon I think... I think it is from the tiktok people or somehow related to them. It is also pretty extensive but free. Has a different workflow and basically a big collection of ready-made "filters", easier to get into but feels like luma might have more depth, so to say. I'm at work right now so I can't look up the names of both apps... But just greenscreening something or putting videos together with masks should be easy and straightforward with both apps.

LumaFusion doesn't do live streaming though it does have green screen utilities.

Capcut also has green screen, again it's not for live streaming.

What we're figuring out is being able to green screen for live streaming
    using both desktop and iOS only.

Good mentions though, nice one.

• ah so these were youtube livestreams? got it, sorry... I'm just skimming through the forums right now with half an eye while my apparatus makes me wait 😁

• @dobbs said:
    ah so these were youtube livestreams? got it, sorry... I'm just skimming through the forums right now with half an eye while my apparatus makes me wait 😁

Lololol, it happens.
    No need to apologise.
    It's all good. 😁