Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimal 90s House produced 100% in Gadget, mastered in Cubasis

edited June 2021 in Creations

So I had composer's block when wanting to create IDM, and I gave up producing in that genre (for now). I didn't want my creativity to grow stagnant, so here's something I crapped out.

Basically, I was stuck in a rut. Did I want to produce a 90s House track, or did I want to create Minimal Techno? Then I had the brilliant thought - what if I produced 90s House in a minimalist style? So this track is the result of this idea.

This track was created 100% in Gadget, mastered 100% in Cubasis 3 with the usual MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband, and TB Barricade plugins. The breakdown of the instruments are as follows...

The sidechain is driven by CHat Detroit in Recife. The kick and clap are Tokyo. The hats, snare, and crash cymbal are Recife. The organ bass, piano, and high strings are Darwin. The acid bass is Chicago, and the "wow" synth is Dublin.

Cheers, and enjoy.

Comments

• COOL STUFF!!!

• Like it, with the famous organ bass🕺
    Personally find it hard to make the Tokyo kick sound the way I want.
    Would probably use a Recife kick myself, but some others love Tokyo’s sounds, so what do I know :)

• You’re doing a good job changing it up to find the muse again.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Excellent!!!!

• Nice sound you have there! Listening on my patio with a nice cigar.
    I like the brass-like lead that comes in around 4:30 or so.
    Maybe too long though?

• @NTKK Thanks mate. :)

@R_2 :lol: The Recife kick is handy in a pinch for sure. The trick with Tokyo that I use is I add some transient material by layering the SD302 on top of the BD201. I also have near-perfect pitch from years of aural training and am able to tune a kick by ear to the root note I'm working with. I love the ability to be able to control the length of the kick depending on the genre(s) (or lack of defined genre(s)) I'm working in. Also, unlike a sample, the timbre of a kick generated in Tokyo changes ever so slightly per hit, and that variety in addition to polymeter adds interest to the loop being used.

Dublin is also pretty f-ing good for generating kicks. Gives a completely different sound, but I love it.

@McD Thanks mate. I realised I wasn't listening to Richie Hawtin intently. I usually pop on Richie when I'm driving or relaxing while browsing the forum, not appreciating all of the subtleties and variation in his music. Right now, I'm really obsessed with his Plastikman Prada tracks. Sublime!

@BCKeys Thanks mate. :) It's so awesome that my music is able to get you to listen to genres that aren't your normal taste. That's a great compliment.

@onerez Thanks mate. Always appreciated.

@McM Me, I'm hoping to shoot for 15-20 minute long tracks like my hero Richie Hawtin someday. :lol: But, I let "Minimal Runway" speak to me as to how long ze wanted to be, and ze said, "Please, no longer than 9 minutes." Who am I to argue with the vibe and length a track desires? 🤷‍♂️

• Very impressive. Love it, in fact.

• @audio_DT said:
    Very impressive. Love it, in fact.

I'm glad you dig it. Thanks mate. :) Cheers.

• Great track, my friend! I enjoyed it a lot. That bass sound and style is spot on for the genre. Very well done. If not for your composer’s block recently, this piece wouldn’t exist. So it turns out there was a point to your composer’s block. It triggered you to try something a different way and you nailed it! This piece is a good advert for Gadget. Keep going with this mix of styles, mate, it’s really cool. 👍👍

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Great track, my friend! I enjoyed it a lot. That bass sound and style is spot on for the genre. Very well done. If not for your composer’s block recently, this piece wouldn’t exist. So it turns out there was a point to your composer’s block. It triggered you to try something a different way and you nailed it! This piece is a good advert for Gadget. Keep going with this mix of styles, mate, it’s really cool. 👍👍

Thank you for the compliment mate. :) That's pretty true about the composer's block. Actually, before I stumbled upon combining these two genres, I was trying to make a classic Dubstep track. :lol: It was okay, but I wasn't feeling it. Then I tried another Dubsteppish track (actually, Brostep), which f*cking sucked. Then I was like "But Mum, I want to produce Minimal!" Then I thought, "Nevermind, let's just shoot for 90s House." Then I combined the two.

I made sure to pick notes in order to make up an evolving chord progression that wasn't a clear chord progression. Something that could utilise notes that imply a chord of some sort. I didn't dwell too much on the logistics of it but let the music speak for itself.

• Awesome! I really liked that strings motif being repeated. It gives this piece a feeling of ‘something more is yet to come, just wait for it.” I always give a good listen to anything made using Gadget! And this was pretty good! Thanks for sharing. 😁

• BobBob
    edited July 2021

@spyrogaia said:
    Awesome! I really liked that strings motif being repeated. It gives this piece a feeling of ‘something more is yet to come, just wait for it.” I always give a good listen to anything made using Gadget! And this was pretty good! Thanks for sharing. 😁

Agree! Those strings are great.
    Very nice vibe, you produce tracks on a consistent level, nothing holds you down, Keep it up, loving it!
    Gadget got me into IOS, I hardly use it these days, but just as @spyrogaia said: tracks made in Gadget are worth listening to big time.

• @spyrogaia Thank you so much mate. 🙂 Yep, that was the whole trick of doing polymeters (or "polybars" if that's even a thing :trollface: ) was to keep the piece driving forward while remaining minimal.

@Bob Indeed, especially if you like the "Korg sound" (which I'm unsure of what that means, but Gadget does give off a nice meaty sound). I'm definitely gonna keep it goin mate. Thank you so much. ☺️