Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cheeky Plucker / just one Spider KASPAR preset!

This track demonstrates what a great sound designer can accomplish with a single patch. @Spidericemidas’ Cheeky Plucker has two distinct sounds in it. Those combined with his ARP implementation are enough to sustain the piece, IMO. however, I did transpose the midi twice, each up an octave. So... 3 tracks of the same patch in different octaves.

Thanks Spider. Great work!

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited June 2021

Nice... it's got that "Tangerine Dream" sound where the synths are so percussive that you
    don't miss lack of a drummer and still want to dance.

Great preset @Spidericemidas. I need to check out that arp implementation because I love this genre of early Electronic pop... it opened the doors to what we have today on an IOS device with the shift to personal electronics and the
    virtualization of the studio.

• Hé LL, wonderfull recording, i myself are a Cheesy Plucker (i'm from the Netherlands) but i really like this Cheeky Plucker.

Regards,

frenq

• I think this patch and recording reminds me of Kraftwerk’s “Europe Endless”, especially when you’re moving the arp up and down through the octaves which is also what they do on the Europe Endless track.

Nice! 👍

• McDMcD
    edited June 2021

I got inspired to try similar sounds in a session today... same Kaspar arp but down an octave.

• Like the mood McD, nice chord progression

• @Frenq said:
    Like the mood McD, nice chord progression

For those keeping score I arp'ed C -> Eb -> Bb without a strict count of bars using the @SpiderIceMidas KASPAR "Cheeky Plucker" preset at 56 BPM. Season to taste. The melodic choices were pretty strictly C natural minor... the three minor options are all about the 6th and 7th notes of the scales:

Natural minor - minor 6th and 7th
    Dorian - major 6th and minor 7th
    Harmonic minor - minor 6th and major 7th

For the jazz purist that leaves one option left:
    major 6th and major 7th but retaining minor 3rd's... I'd call that a "cocktail blues scale".

A tune that ends with "C minor major 7th" is the whitest form of blues... it also can have a James Bond villain sound in a melody.

• HAHAHA, great!

• edited June 2021

Whenever I hear that arp sound, I can’t help thinking of this song:

I do like the direction you went with it Mike!