Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Presonus Atom crashing Cubasis 3 - what 4x4 drum pads to use?

Hi guys, I’m wondering if any of you is experiencing the same thing, but when I connect Presonus Atom pad controller, I get about a minute of playing with the pads and EG Pulse or Digistix and then it crashes.

I can slam pads on my Korg Nanokeys Studio endlessly, as soon as I connect the Atom the countdown begins.

Two questions - has anyone dealt with it before?
What drum pads do you use with iPad?

I’m on an m1 ipad pro, so plenty of power there.

Comments

• @Tripovich said:
    Hi guys, I’m wondering if any of you is experiencing the same thing, but when I connect Presonus Atom pad controller, I get about a minute of playing with the pads and EG Pulse or Digistix and then it crashes.

I can slam pads on my Korg Nanokeys Studio endlessly, as soon as I connect the Atom the countdown begins.

Two questions - has anyone dealt with it before?
    What drum pads do you use with iPad?

I’m on an m1 ipad pro, so plenty of power there.

Can you see what the pads send for the two devices, Atom vs Nanokeys? Just use an app like MIDI Wrench, send a few taps and see what you see; no need for Cubasis 3, or anything else. I suspect the Atom may not be sending Note Off, or may be sending Note On, velocity zero, instead of Note Off. This behavior may be confusing CB, or maybe the drum apps.

• Atom sends Note On (velocity x) then Note Off velocity 0 on channel 10 and then aftertouch on channel 2.
    When I connect Korg it streams down RT Clock which I don’t really know what it is. I tested just Korg and and just Atom and it’s the Atom that crashes Cubasis.

• @Tripovich said:
    Atom sends Note On (velocity x) then Note Off velocity 0 on channel 10 and then aftertouch on channel 2.
    When I connect Korg it streams down RT Clock which I don’t really know what it is. I tested just Korg and and just Atom and it’s the Atom that crashes Cubasis.

Things to look at:

• if you use a different host, does it crash?
    • Does it crash only if you record?
    • Does the atom send a lot of aftertouch events? If it does, the aftertouch events may be overflowing some buffer.
  • I can use Atom with Beatmaker 3 with no issues, it crashes when I just play with the metronome, so no recording and when I’m just finger drumming it sends no aftertouch. Aftertouch goes on when I press and hold a pad. I have been mapping the pads directly to the pads on either EG or Drumstix. EG tends to eat about 30-40% of DSP, DrumStix around 5-10%.

• I just crashed it with just aftertouch - I’ll see if I can switch aftertouch off completely.

• @Tripovich said:
    I just crashed it with just aftertouch - I’ll see if I can switch aftertouch off completely.

If you haven't already, get in touch with Steinberg to report the issue.

• Nope, crashed it with aftertouch turned off too (korg is turned off). Not quite sure what’s going on.

• I haven’t contacted them yet - I’m new to all of this and don’t know how yet. Is there a link or a way to save crash reports?

• @Tripovich said:
    I haven’t contacted them yet - I’m new to all of this and don’t know how yet. Is there a link or a way to save crash reports?

See if there are actual crash reports in the logs, Settings–>Privacy–>Analytics & Improvements–>Analytics Data. They'll be named for either Cubasis or the drum app. If the program actually crashed, as opposed to just ignoring inputs, there will be logs.

• There’s plenty of logs, now I need to figure out how to send them ;) for now I’m moving to AUM with Atom2