Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth - early beta look

123457»

Comments

• edited July 2022

--oops posted linkmto this thread. meant to post innthe other thread

• @espiegel123 said:

@taeo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@taeo said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @kirnu Hey, just got the beta testing started and ran into saving preset issues. Once I actually got a save option to the right the app crashed. Usually there are no option to save what you do, if I am not being a total noob.

Yeah I’ve had the same issue since the beta started, also haven’t been able to upload my own samples. Kinda unusable at this point in the juncture..

Did you see the explanation of how to upload?

Please report the bugs to the developer.

Imo, it is pretty uncool to be publicly talking about an app in development as unusable. If you find bugs report them to the developer.

This is shaping up to be a great synth (it is mostly there).

Will report the bugs. Thanks for the explanation. Sorry for saying it’s unusable. I looked for a reference manual and was directed to the cream mobile manual without direction of how to save a preset. Will start loading my samples now. Thank you for the help.

The Discord is a great place to ask questions, get support and report bugs. There is some preset sharing there as well.

Do you have a link for the discord?

• @taeo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@taeo said:

@espiegel123 said:

@taeo said:

@Pxlhg said:
    @kirnu Hey, just got the beta testing started and ran into saving preset issues. Once I actually got a save option to the right the app crashed. Usually there are no option to save what you do, if I am not being a total noob.

Yeah I’ve had the same issue since the beta started, also haven’t been able to upload my own samples. Kinda unusable at this point in the juncture..

Did you see the explanation of how to upload?

Please report the bugs to the developer.

Imo, it is pretty uncool to be publicly talking about an app in development as unusable. If you find bugs report them to the developer.

This is shaping up to be a great synth (it is mostly there).

Will report the bugs. Thanks for the explanation. Sorry for saying it’s unusable. I looked for a reference manual and was directed to the cream mobile manual without direction of how to save a preset. Will start loading my samples now. Thank you for the help.

The Discord is a great place to ask questions, get support and report bugs. There is some preset sharing there as well.

Do you have a link for the discord?

The discord invite link: https://discord.gg/HeG2U4CxRW

It is in this post: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1093236/#Comment_1093236

• Is this the same developer of cream/cream mobile?

Still using the beta and really enjoying it so far. Had a few crashes though, namely when digging into the granular engine.

• ButterSynth plays Scarlatti’s Sonata in G Major (in the style of Wendy Carlos)
    This was made with a single instance of ButterSynth. All FX built-in.
    (preset available on request)

• and for the encore… here is Scarlatti’s Sonata in D Minor (K1)
    Also a single instance of ButterSynth. All FX built-in.

• @tja said:
    I cannot see any presets:

Also, the arrow buttons left and right from "Butter Synth" don't change anything.

Same here. That said, building from scratch left me with my jaw in a permanent smile!

• @HotStrange said:
    Is this the same developer of cream/cream mobile?

Still using the beta and really enjoying it so far. Had a few crashes though, namely when digging into the granular engine.

please elaborate more about crashes.. can you reproduce any of them ?

• @dendy said:

@HotStrange said:

Haven’t had time to dig back in but it would happen while auditioning the various granular samples.

• @HotStrange said:

@dendy said:

@HotStrange said:

Haven’t had time to dig back in but it would happen while auditioning the various granular samples.

ah so granular sampler, thanks, i think this is known bug

• edited July 2022

Anyone have any presets to share? Or better yet screen shots of their settings so I can program them in myself? I think this is a great way to learn a new synth, someone had posted a zeeon screenshot a while back and it was great! Or should I ask in the discord?
    Thanks

Edit - just checked the discord and found presets. Please ignore this post!

• edited July 2022

Nvm

• Can this be used to do an experimental jam or is it more of a bread and butter synth?

• @sevenape said:
    Can this be used to do an experimental jam or is it more of a bread and butter synth?

It can probably get quite experimental if you want it to. There’s loads of modulation options and you can draw your own oscillators, import your own samples and wavetables and stuff.

• @sevenape said:
    Can this be used to do an experimental jam or is it more of a bread and butter synth?

IMO, most decent bread-and-butter synths (whatever those would be) can be used happily in an experimental jam. Buttersynth has loads of options and a super-extensive modulation matrix with lots of envelopes including multi-segment and looping envelopes. The wavetables are editable. Voices have up to five oscillators. There are two wavetable oscillators, a sample oscillator, FM oscillator and Granulator oscillator PLUS noise source. Four regular envelopes, four multi-segment looping envelopes (that can have lots of segments), four step sequencers.

Pretty much anything can modulate anything.

Kind of Synthmaster 2 plus wavetable editor and lots more.

• When is this dropping?

• @espiegel123 said:

@sevenape said:

IMO, most decent bread-and-butter synths (whatever those would be) can be used happily in an experimental jam. Buttersynth has loads of options and a super-extensive modulation matrix with lots of envelopes including multi-segment and looping envelopes. The wavetables are editable. Voices have up to five oscillators. There are two wavetable oscillators, a sample oscillator, FM oscillator and Granulator oscillator PLUS noise source. Four regular envelopes, four multi-segment looping envelopes (that can have lots of segments), four step sequencers.

Pretty much anything can modulate anything.

@FordTimeLord said:

@sevenape said:

It can probably get quite experimental if you want it to. There’s loads of modulation options and you can draw your own oscillators, import your own samples and wavetables and stuff.

Thanks it sounds very exciting and comprehensive!

• @espiegel123 said:

plus WAY better UI, more streamlined, user friendly and iPad screen optimised

• I don’t use Discord, so this might be my best bet for asking questions about the Butter Synth beta..

Any chance filters will have key tracking as an option? Unless of course I just can’t see that option, in which case, can someone let me know where it is?

Thanks, either way.

• @emjay said:
    I don’t use Discord, so this might be my best bet for asking questions about the Butter Synth beta..

Any chance filters will have key tracking as an option? Unless of course I just can’t see that option, in which case, can someone let me know where it is?

Thanks, either way.

Note Key is a modulator you can choose on the modulation page. You can apply it to anything. Applying it to filter cutoff is key tracking.

• @espiegel123 said:

@emjay said:
    I don’t use Discord, so this might be my best bet for asking questions about the Butter Synth beta..

Thanks, either way.

Note Key is a modulator you can choose on the modulation page. You can apply it to anything. Applying it to filter cutoff is key tracking.

Thank you. That basically works when using noise (though not to the extent I’m accustomed to), but now it seems the filters are not self-oscillating? That would explain why it doesn’t work as I’d hoped, when using an actual oscillator.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @magnusovi said:
    When is this dropping?

And is it ever dropping?

• @NeuM said:

@magnusovi said:
    When is this dropping?

And is it ever dropping?

It’ll drop when the developer feels it has met their standard and that the architecture is how they want it.

• Can I ask you please?
    Sampler OSC have no start/stop position ?
    When I put samples to ButterSynth folder, sampler OSC or granular is not seeing them under browser, the only possibility is to load individually from files?

• @szczyp said:
    Can I ask you please?
    Sampler OSC have no start/stop position ?
    When I put samples to ButterSynth folder, sampler OSC or granular is not seeing them under browser, the only possibility is to load individually from files?

nope, sample oscillator is just very basic for now, you need to have saed loop points inside wav file and that's it, no stample start/loop start/ loop end defined through UI .. it's planed massive update for future versions...

the only possibility is to load individually from files?

yup that's it for now, as i said sample oscillator is in first version just very basic ..

• @dendy thank you!

• edited March 2023

Really love this kind of sounds .. FMX modulation sounds extremely close to Nord Lead 2