Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth - early beta look

Comments

• @tja said:
    I cannot see any presets:

Also, the arrow buttons left and right from "Butter Synth" don't change anything.

Could it be that you're 'filtering' with the Init preset?
    (I'm not on beta for this but that would be my first obvious thing to test).

• edited July 2022

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Also, the arrow buttons left and right from "Butter Synth" don't change anything.

Nah, I can’t find any either. If you select Init it will keep giving you a blank canvas. Although if you choose Granular and load a file you will find a lot of audio presets there.

• Lots of wave presets in oscillators!

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Nah, I can’t find any either. If you select Init it will keep giving you a blank canvas. Although if you choose Granular and load a file you will find a lot of audio presets there.

Same here too. I don't seem to be able to access Discord at the moment so reporting it here

• edited July 2022

The Factory presets are still in development. It wasn't possible to provide a Factory library when the list of bundled wavetables and samples was still being figured out (not to mention fundamental changes to the way the Mod Matrix functions).

If we had spent time building factory presets in an earlier build they would all be broken by now. :D

My advice is to create a new category/folder in the User area and start creating some presets of your own.

Feel free to share patches here for others to play with (you can share them from the iOS Files app > On my iPad > Buttersynth)

• @tk32 said:

Feel free to share patches here for others to play with (you can share them from the iOS Files app > On my iPad > Buttersynth)

Isn't the presets system broken anyway? I can't even open my own, the app crashes every time I try?

• This is crazy good.

• Presets are indeed a little tricky,sometimes I can’t reload them but these two attached work. Also the ones I’ve created in the AUv3 version won’t show up in Files or in standalone, thus I can’t change them.

JSM.zip 236.1K
  • edited July 2022

If the presets were created in an earlier build that may explain why they no longer load.

As I said, there can be no guarantee of presets working between beta builds when there are structural changes happening to the underlying mod matrix system.

Presets created in the latest build should save, reload and be shareable with no problems, however.

• @tk32 said:
    If the presets were created in an earlier build that may explain why they no longer load.

As I said, there can be no guarantee of presets working between beta builds when there are structural changes happening to the underlying mod matrix system.

Presets created in the latest build should save, reload and be shareable with no problems, however.

Actually,I couldn't reload my own preset on the same version, without have upgraded in between. Of course incompatibilities between versions make perfect sense 😊

• @jsmonzani said:

@tk32 said:

Actually,I couldn't reload my own preset on the same version, without have upgraded in between. Of course incompatibilities between versions make perfect sense 😊

If you create a preset that doesn’t load con the same version, make sure to report the issue to kirnu and provide him with the presets that won’t load

• @tk32 said:

Makes sense. I created a preset earlier and it is loading just fine so far. If something changes I’ll report it here. I must say this synth is truly awesome!

• @espiegel123 said:

@jsmonzani said:

@tk32 said:

If you create a preset that doesn’t load con the same version, make sure to report the issue to kirnu and provide him with the presets that won’t load

Cool, I’m going to do this right now, I think it’s linked to FM

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:
    Have had a couple of crashes while scanning through samples in granular mode. Reported via test flight but wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Love the synth though! Sounds great and is pretty intuitive considering all the features it has.

I just love how flexible the wavetable oscillator is! I started an Ambient project this morning using Buttersynth into Gauss, and after I'm done visiting family, I'll live perform what I got. 😌

Agreed! There are a lot of options for sound sculpting for everything. Had a couple of crashes but it’s fun to mess with. I like the interface a lot.

• I am a preset guy 😅

• @auxmux said:
    Getting a bunch of crashes when navigating presets and load wavetables. Submitted crash reports. Wish there were more envelope shapes like Synthmaster. ❤️ MSEGs.

You might have overlooked the Curve Envelopes. You can add as many segments as you want and you can adjust the curvature between their segments. There are standard ADSRs by default but the Curve Envelopes are there if you want them.

• @espiegel123 said:

@auxmux said:
    Getting a bunch of crashes when navigating presets and load wavetables. Submitted crash reports. Wish there were more envelope shapes like Synthmaster. ❤️ MSEGs.

You might have overlooked the Curve Envelopes. You can add as many segments as you want and you can adjust the curvature between their segments. There are standard ADSRs by default but the Curve Envelopes are there if you want them.

I love curve envelopes, and having them in the synth itself means I don't have to fiddle with Flux Pro, lol. (Although that's a great app too, no lie.)

• @espiegel123 said:

@auxmux said:

• @lazyass said:
    I think I will love Butter even more than Serum, Pigments and Phaseplant

That's too much :) Thanks a lot <3

• So now that there's no NDA...

Can we also create our own wave-tables from scratch? (Drawing waveforms has been mentioned).
    And can the 'playback order' of the frames be 'sequenced'? (within the wave-table oscillator).
    (I'm loving the WaveTable oscillator in Drambo with all it's shaping options).

Looking at the 'Curve Envelope' in the picture above. Do we also get 'Y-Axis Snap' options?

Being a 'chip tune addict' can the X-Grid division for the curve envelope be set in ms?(5-20ms per x-grid-line would be enough).

No doubt this will be one heck of a synth when it's released...

• Can’t get over the sound…it’s phenomenal

@Kirnu can translucent overlays be made opaque as an option? At least for me seeing the instrument controls behind the menus (presets etc) doesn’t add value, yet is a more cluttered visual experience

• edited July 2022

@Samu said:
    Can we also create our own wave-tables from scratch? (Drawing waveforms has been mentioned).

yes there is pretty nice wavetable editor where you can draw wavetable + modify it extensively with various shaping functions controlled by sliders..

And can the 'playback order' of the frames be 'sequenced'? (within the wave-table oscillator).

you can modulate wevetable position knob, and considering fact there is step sequencer as one of mod sources then yes, you have totally under control order of playback..

Looking at the 'Curve Envelope' in the picture above. Do we also get 'Y-Axis Snap' options?

nope but this is good idea for future improvements, will add it to feature requests list

• @dendy said:

nope but this is good idea for future improvements, will add it to feature requests list

Thanks, think of the y-axis grid-snaps as 'destination values' (12 semitones, X wave-table index entries etc.).

With snaps the values change instantly (chip arpeggios with semitone snaps) while using curve the values 'glide' (ie. crossfade between wave frames). With x & y snaps the curved envelopes become step-sequencers on roids :sunglasses:

Setting the 'x-grid' duration in ms in addition to beat divisions would be a nice bonus :wink:

I have a feeling Butter is worth waiting for so no need to rush...

• edited July 2022

3 instances of Butter Synth, no external FXs ... (just trying to feed the hype a little bit 👹)

arpeggio is made using build in BS arpeggiator (which is pretty amazing)

• @dendy said:
    3 instances of Butter Synth, no external FXs ... (just trying to feed the hype a little bit 👹)

arpeggio is made using build in BS arpeggiator (which is pretty amazing)

This

IS

FREAKING

WONDERFULLLLLLLL!

• @echoopera said:

>

This

IS

FREAKING

WONDERFULLLLLLLL!

:heart:

• Very nice!

• So what's the 'magic touch' to interpolate one wave to another when creating a wave-table?

• And can I use 5 sample-layers if I want to?

• I would swap places of 'Init' and 'Cancel' when initing a preset...
    ...motor memory is important and most other apps have it that way :sunglasses: