Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Link not detecting peers with Audiobus and Xequence on iOS 14.6

Hi

I am trying to sync my iPhone and my iPad over Link, they are both on iOS 14.6 now, and both apps are not detecting any peers, whether it is Audiobus iPhone <-> Audiobus iPad, Audiobus iPhone <-> Xequence iPad, Xequence iPhone <-> Audiobus iPad or Xequence iPhone <-> Xequence iPad. I am not using that setup often, last time I did it was 2 months ago and it was working.

Other apps I ve got are working fine and can see each others: Hey metronome, Model 15, Animoog, Audiokit Synth One. So it isn't a wifi issue.

The local network permissions are enabled for both apps, I ve restarted the devices many times and even my router. I ve also deleted and reinstalled the apps in case something needed to be reinitialised around the local network permissions but no luck.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• This may be related to a security change in iOS. AUM needed an update to make Link work again, the developer had to get a certificate from Apple, and justify why it needed access to whatever was being blocked over the network. This seems to be on a per-app basis, which would explain why some apps are OK and others not.

NB this response is full of "maybes" and "seems" because I’m going off a hazy memory of a discussion on Facebook, so I can’t be sure of the ins and out. This is just a suggestion of a possible explanation.

• I thought I had gone through all the required hoops back when these restrictions (one could say lockdowns 😁) were introduced and released an appropriate Xequence update, but maybe there's been another round of new measures since then. I'll double check.

Thanks for the report! (are you running the latest Xequence version, just to be sure?)

• @jays said:
    Hi

I am trying to sync my iPhone and my iPad over Link, they are both on iOS 14.6 now, and both apps are not detecting any peers, whether it is Audiobus iPhone <-> Audiobus iPad, Audiobus iPhone <-> Xequence iPad, Xequence iPhone <-> Audiobus iPad or Xequence iPhone <-> Xequence iPad. I am not using that setup often, last time I did it was 2 months ago and it was working.

Other apps I ve got are working fine and can see each others: Hey metronome, Model 15, Animoog, Audiokit Synth One. So it isn't a wifi issue.

The local network permissions are enabled for both apps, I ve restarted the devices many times and even my router. I ve also deleted and reinstalled the apps in case something needed to be reinitialised around the local network permissions but no luck.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks for your help.

@Michael ?

• @SevenSystems said:
    I thought I had gone through all the required hoops back when these restrictions (one could say lockdowns 😁) were introduced and released an appropriate Xequence update, but maybe there's been another round of new measures since then. I'll double check.

Thanks for the report! (are you running the latest Xequence version, just to be sure?)

Thanks for the reply, yes I am running the latest version (2.2.14) on an iPhone 8 Plus and an iPad Air 2.

• Maybe not exclusive to latest version but I can’t use Bluetooth headphones with Xequence and Ableton link as X2 always sounds half a bar out of sync. I’m pretty sure I mentioned it previously. Love X2 but would really like to be able to use Bluetooth headphones in sync. Hope you’re well Alexander.

• Investigating. Yeah, looks like Apple have screwed us again with networking. Picking Jonatan's brains about it.

• @Michael said:
    Investigating. Yeah, looks like Apple have screwed us again with networking. Picking Jonatan's brains about it.

The latest update fixes it, all working in Audiobus now, thank you so much🤗

• @jays said:

@Michael said:
    Investigating. Yeah, looks like Apple have screwed us again with networking. Picking Jonatan's brains about it.

The latest update fixes it, all working in Audiobus now, thank you so much🤗

👍