Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audio interfaces with DIN-MIDI (question)

TL;DR: do they pass through MIDI-signals from the USB to the DIN-MIDI ports?

Long:
Perhaps I'm missing the obvious.
Some audio interfaces have DIN-MIDI inputs and outputs.
do they pass through signals from the USB to those ports?
e.g:
sequencer on iPad -> CCK -> USB hub -> audio interface usb -> audio interface DIN out -> synth Din in.
and recording the audio to the iPad of course.
i've read some manuals but it wasn't stated that clear to me if they did that.

so far i've only operated things only all ipad internally or with usb (beatstep-old /nanocontrol)
now i want to get some external devices (volca drum, volca FM), sequence and record them.

Comments

• I know the MOTU M4 and the Presonus Audiobox 96 pass midi through. You just have to route midi to the interface. In from usb controller, out through interface. I've tried with AUM and ableton. Not sure how it works with other DAWs.

• edited June 2021

Yeah Presonus interface here. It does what you want. Most are cheap as rocks too. I thought I’d be slumming it stepping down from Apogee but I’m more than happy with it.