Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Full time travelling music producer gear recommendations

Hi Audiobus family,

I am new here so if I have put the topic in the wrong category please don't beat me.

I am now producing music on Ipad pro-2017 on and off for 3 years, it actually took me back to music production. Before I was producing music in Ableton using vsts (mostly cracked software as i was broke). Now i have few AU3 plugins, BM 3 and Cubasis and enjoy the workflow with caveats of copy past, duplicate and file management, which I believe is much better in regular Mac OS.

I am planning to set off as a full-time traveller in the upcoming months if the pandemic allows and minimising my gear set up.

with the iPad pro M1 chip, I thought it will be an easy pick for me. was planning to travel with iPad 1 midi controller (most likely my Roli light block) and pair of AT 50x BT. However, now I am considering switching completely to Macbook Air with DAW (probably logic or Cubase) and VSTi plugins as for the price of the iPad I can buy the unit and some VST plugins. Also, MacOs is a much more versatile system for other work.

However!!! I enjoy music production on the iPad much more due to the touchscreen. Also, it seems like the more compact solution with all the power of the computer. Yeah but that iPadOS...

I just cannot decide now, there are good arguments on both sides.

I wonder what would be your pick?

Thank you!!!

Comments

• edited June 2021

I have an Arturia Audiofuse I can plug in when I mean to get serious. Other than that, a faderfox EC4 i hope I can run on a simple cameraconnection kit, with 3.5 audio out+ a Korg nano Kontroll studio with bluetooth. I use a battery, omnicharge 20+ I can charge with a solar panel to run the Fuse. I don’t need it to run the battery for the fox, but it’s handy. I have mapped all the drums from AR 909 Im having a hell of a time just in Audiobus3 with full sized screen apps. I start and stop Loopy from Faderfox, switch instruments and route when needed.
    Fading in and out tracks with nanostudio I can make techno in AUM.
    Without the controllers I can use Drambo to control cc’s on the drum machine, chordbud with rythmbud for elaborate chord progressions. Can make quite alot nice sounding stuff on iOS, lets push it all the way, where it needs to go

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ipad mini and opz or volca drum. Or just ipad mini.

• I second the suggestion of your current iPad and either nothing else or get the m1 air and logic and use it with your iPad. You won’t NEED any extra plugins if you get logic, so anything else you get just cost things that aren’t already covered. And check out airwindows and analog obsession plugins that do incredible things and don’t cost anything to use, although supporting both developers through patreon is a cool thing to do.

I have the light pad block and it works well with logic, although I’m probably going to sell mine as I barely use it. But I mostly record live music and mix for other people, so it’s not really a need of mine, I just got it because it looked fun, which it is.

• Seems like lots of arguments for MacBook

@d4d0ug said:
    I read this as full ‘time traveller’ 😂 and considering there might not be electricity, depending on how far you go back, you might consider packing a uke or harmonica.

Last time I was traveling without electricity was 7years ago in Gambia. Since then the village has electrified. These days it is really hard to find the place without it. Slightly off topic -> I had even better phone signal in middle of Ecuadorian jungle than what I have in central London. World is now boring and electricity and phone signal is really nearly everywhere = good for folks in Google.