Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PreSonus Sphere Thoughts, Opinions, etc?

So, I've been following PreSonus for awhile and while I'm super comfortable with my DAW currently, PreSonus has shown off some really interesting tech as far as automating midi(chord progressions, etc)

PreSonus Sphere is similar to Reason+ in that you pay a monthly fee for basically the entire library of crap. It's 15.00 a month, I was going to try it out for a few months and see if this could somehow integrate into my workflow, with the objective being speed to shit out ideas.

Anyone a PreSonus user, past or present?

Thoughts on the software and if the new Pay to Play scheme is worthy of skipping a couple of beers at lunch?

PreSonus Sphere?
  1. PreSonus Sphere?6 votes
    1. YAY
      33.33%
    2. LOL
      66.67%

Comments

• edited June 2021

Last week I registered my audiobox on presonus.com and got promotion for 4 moths trial at Sphere. And I got mixed feelings with lot of "it's cool... but"

• Stduio One 5.2 is rock solid. I barely use Ableton nowadays.
    • New retro legends is killer, huge step forward compared to CTC-1 mix fx. I came for API emu but SSL now lives on my mixbus. Tape sim also get used on bass and synth buses.
    • Fat channel strips can be pretty handy but I'm fully covered in that area and didn't tweak tem a lot.
    • 30 GB of cloud storage is but it to little for my sample library and project folder. You can got extra 100 GB for 4$/mo. Google drive is a lot cheaper in Ukraine.
    • Option for backup presets, macros and hotkeys is huge benefit. Last year I messed up with macros for a few days and accidentally killed them after S1 update.
    • Also I'm dying to try their collab service but none of my friends using S1. So it's useless for me and I'm keep waiting for Endless on Windows.

So if you don't mind about supscription model you should definetly try it. Lot of useful features in one pack. In my case it's more beneficial to get full S1 licence on sale or rent-to-own it on Splice.

• I did it for a few months and ultimately decided studio one is not for me. I was using it to mix and really liked the mix engine effects, but there were other things I didn’t like in S1 or just didn’t like enough to switch from mixing in logic. For creation, I much preferred logic.

However, I think the subscription itself is a great deal- 1 year is about the same price as upgrading a full version of the software, and you get everything with it. The good part is that if I want to open a session I did in it for some reason, I can just subscribe for 1 month again to do what I need to do.

• oh, that's a great point/benefit for being able to reup your access for a specific task.
    I might give it a shot. The engine is pretty unique, the customization of the workflow is super huge. The midi automation looked pretty unique, still I havent seen it do anything that Ableton can not though, Ableton for me is like going to your friends house- it's comfortable and familiar.

This video shows some of the workflow that I think looks interesting.

• @ejacul337 said:
    oh, that's a great point/benefit for being able to reup your access for a specific task.
    I might give it a shot. The engine is pretty unique, the customization of the workflow is super huge. The midi automation looked pretty unique, still I havent seen it do anything that Ableton can not though, Ableton for me is like going to your friends house- it's comfortable and familiar.

This video shows some of the workflow that I think looks interesting.

If you like working in ableton a lot, it’s probably not worth switching. Even though the mix engine fx were really cool, I’ve gotten so comfortable with logic over the past few years that it just got frustrating relearning the same things in another program.

I do like the mastering part of the program, but even that still felt a little wacky.

For some reason studio one just didn’t feel “finished” to me.

I have a uad Apollo rack and haven’t tried Luna except for a very quick session to open it and check it out for the same reason. I just don’t want to relearn something at the moment when what I have is working. I do use reaper sometimes for very specific purposes, like wanting to export a live show or long multi song session with separate regions for each song without having to babysit it while it bounces. I also use reaper if I have to mix for video that I shot because it’s easy to work with audio and video together. But anything else logic is more comfortable for me.

And don’t get me started on protools, I really dislike it. I have a subscription for teaching, but managed to avoid it in my first teaching semester. I’ll see if that can still be the case…😂

• Studio One Pro has been my DAW of choice for years now. For me it never gets in the way, everything is where I would expect it and above all, it is rock solid. Recorded and mastered scores of songs on it. But that's just me... I would never go the sub route, but Sphere is a great way to try it, just to see if you like the program.