Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Electronics with iPad as main processor

edited June 17 in Creations

Using the iPad, I can finally create the Live Electronics sets I was planning since I started with my studies in experimental electroacoustic music years ago.

Here I'm turning a traditional uruguaian 🇺🇾 mate 🧉 into music, thanks to a water mic and various apps interconnected in AUM:
https://youtu.be/itSnPxPAxAs

live looping with Audio Damage Enso, granulation with iDensity (which for me remains one of the best and most complete granular processors ever created) Borderlands Granular, Bleass Granulizer and Velvet Machine , some shimmer with Bleass Shimmer, animation with Bram Bos LFO from the Rozeta Suite and Sonic Lab PassBot for filtering. As a final touch a bit of Klevgrand Luxe and Amazing Noises Limiter.
The Microtonal bass is made with Hainbach's app Fundamental, played and modulated with the MPE capabilities of the Roli Lightpad.
All the mixing is done on a Korg Nanokontrol Studio.

Headphones 🎧 suggested due to the very specific sound design, hope you like the concept! if you have any question or suggestions about future videos, let me know 😁
I'd like to know how many of you are using the iPad for electroacoustic music and live electronics: I guess I'm not the only one, I hope at least! What's your take about this?

iPad for Electroacoustic Music and Live Electronics
  1. iPad for Electroacoustic Music: yay or no?12 votes
    1. hell yeah!
      100.00%
    2. still too limited
        0.00%

Comments

  • edited June 17

    @mastr0iann1

    I listened on studio monitors.

    Sounds really good.

    Liked and subscribed.

    Thank you for sharing.

  • @Gravitas said:
    @mastr0iann1

    I listened on studio monitors.

    Sounds really good.

    Liked and subscribed.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Thanks to you @Gravitas for listening and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate :blush: Have you ever used the iPad for these kind of stuff?

  • I've been exploring using iPads for everything
    from sound design to full on studio production.

    Have I taken my iPads out on location yet other than gigging?
    Not yet though I am going to once Lockdown is fully lifted here in the U.K.

    I really liked your approach in this piece.

    Also I've yet to try mate though I heard about from my Argentina friends.

    Very cool.

  • Two Mattes? Or was it just one? I was enjoying the noise.

  • Very interesting and creative !
    You have one more subscriber.

  • Really nice. The limiting factor isn’t the iPad itself but the interface to the outside world. The lightning / usb-c connector is too flimsy on its own and no one is going to produce a docking station anymore due to Apple’s design team having the attention span of a gnat on speed.

    The frequent iOS updates also invariably break parts or all of your setup so you’d need to reserve an iPad purely for live use and ‘freeze’ it.

    On a different note, have you taken a look at iLep? It was developed with the classic elektroakustisch / acousmatique approach in mind.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Really nice. The limiting factor isn’t the iPad itself but the interface to the outside world. The lightning / usb-c connector is too flimsy on its own and no one is going to produce a docking station anymore due to Apple’s design team having the attention span of a gnat on speed.

    The frequent iOS updates also invariably break parts or all of your setup so you’d need to reserve an iPad purely for live use and ‘freeze’ it.

    On a different note, have you taken a look at iLep? It was developed with the classic elektroakustisch / acousmatique approach in mind.

    whoah thanks a lot for this, very interesting! it's the kind of discussion I was hoping for in posting this performance here.
    I agree with you about the IOS update hell, in fact on my "performing" iPad I rarely update anything, but I dont bother reserving it just for music uses. Its kinda the same with a laptop, especially one from Apple :smile:

  • @audiblevideo said:
    Two Mattes? Or was it just one? I was enjoying the noise.

    Just one Mate, I recorded three separate gestures! Side note: drinking from it with a mic inside didnt change the flavour :smiley:

Sign In or Register to comment.