Hack - Import TonalEnergy instruments (22) into ThumbJam
First post from a long time lurker. Hope you find it useful!
TonalEnergy is a great tuner and metronome app by Sonosaurus (from ThumbJam and DrumJam fame). It is as complete and thorough as any other app by Sonosaurus. But the amazing part is that it comes with a "Tone Generator" that features 22 high quality ready-made instruments, which can be easily imported into ThumbJam.
Available instruments in TonalEnergy:
- Alto Sax
- Baritone Sax
- Bass Clarinet
- Bass Trombone
- Bb Clarinet
- Eb Clarinet
- English Horn
- French Horn
- Plucked String
- Pulse Wave
- Saw Wave
- Soprano Sax
- Tenor Sax
- Tenor Trombone
How-to import TonalEnergy instruments into ThumbJam:
- Get access to your device's filesystem. Use DiskAid (or similar software) from your computer for non-jailbroken devices, or just use iFile app on jailbroken devices.
- In DiskAid navigate to Storage > Apps > TE Tuner > TE Tuner.app folder.
- Copy an instrument's .wav, .flot and .flotpatch files to your computer.
- Zip the intrument's .wav, .flot and .flotpatch files.
- Launch ThumbJam on your device and turn on "WiFi Transfer" on: Prefs > WiFi Transfer > Enable Server
- Access the ThumbJam server on your computer browser and upload the previously created .zip file via the "User Instruments (SampleSets)" form.
- The instrument is installed automatically by ThumbJam. Enjoy!
Please note that there are 4 TonalEnergy instruments that share the same name of some of the ThumbJam built-in instruments, namely: Flute, Oboe, Tenor Sax, Trumpet. To avoid overwriting those existing ThumbJam instruments, do not import those TonalEnergy instruments without editing the instrument name in their respective .flot and .flotpach files (XML). Or simply don't import them at all, ThumbJam built-in instruments are vastly superior to their TonalEnergy counterparts.
More info on custom ThumbJam instruments creation: