Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt firmware update 1.30 *epic*

edited June 2021 in Other

There is new Digitakt update and for me few absolutely "game changer" level updates

• added second filter (!!!!)
  • added second LFO
  • possibility of route STEREO input to mixer

here detail review of all new things...juse epic update, adds SOO much new posibilities !

Comments

• The starts are aligned... we should be able to record now also via AUM the stereo input mixed with the Digitakt sounds. You can now record and mix individually two different sources, adding these to the sounds created by Digitakt tracks and still send midi to IOS apps. I know "less is more" but sometimes... One can only admire such a brilliance of technology they've bult inside that magic box! 😍

• @Johnba said:
    The starts are aligned... we should be able to record now also via AUM the stereo input mixed with the Digitakt sounds. You can now record and mix individually two different sources, adding these to the sounds created by Digitakt tracks and still send midi to IOS apps. I know "less is more" but sometimes... One can only admire such a brilliance of technology they've bult inside that magic box! 😍

Before I even watch the video… Does this mean you can use the physical inputs of the Digitakt when using it as an audio interface?. That’s been a complaint of mine forever and the main reason I don’t use it with the iPad.

• @tahiche said:

@Johnba said:
    The starts are aligned... we should be able to record now also via AUM the stereo input mixed with the Digitakt sounds. You can now record and mix individually two different sources, adding these to the sounds created by Digitakt tracks and still send midi to IOS apps. I know "less is more" but sometimes... One can only admire such a brilliance of technology they've bult inside that magic box! 😍

Before I even watch the video… Does this mean you can use the physical inputs of the Digitakt when using it as an audio interface?. That’s been a complaint of mine forever and the main reason I don’t use it with the iPad.

Yes, I verified this morning. The input jacks are finally FINALLY routed to the USB output!

• Is it still a mono sampler? :P

• @jrjulius said:

@tahiche said:

@Johnba said:

Yes, I verified this morning. The input jacks are finally FINALLY routed to the USB output!

Do the physical inputs appear as usb inputs 1&2 in, say, AUM????. Or is it the summed output?. Can you, for examaple, record a guitar going to an input of the Digitakt?

• I haven’t updated yet but If this function like digitone on IOS then no, all the mix will appear on one track. Yet what that update brings to the table is insane.
    I wonder what they will bring next with digitone, fingers crossed for midi arp out...

• @tahiche said:

@jrjulius said:

@tahiche said:

@Johnba said:

Do the physical inputs appear as usb inputs 1&2 in, say, AUM????. Or is it the summed output?. Can you, for examaple, record a guitar going to an input of the Digitakt?

It’s mixed with the DT’s output so if you want to record the inputs to separate tracks, you’ll have to either mute the DT’s internal tracks or stop the transport.

• spend few hours with update - having one more LFO and filter increases sound design capabilities by lightyears... incredible.

• @jrjulius said:

@tahiche said:

@jrjulius said:

@tahiche said:

@Johnba said:

It’s mixed with the DT’s output so if you want to record the inputs to separate tracks, you’ll have to either mute the DT’s internal tracks or stop the transport.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like, a lot better than before. But would have loved it’s own separate inputs for it to be a full blown audio interface. But yeah can alway record to iPad and just mute the pattern, not perfect but 10000 times better.
    Cheers!.

• My DT, DN and AK have been daisy chained, which works great, but since the DT didn’t pass through a stereo signal via its inputs, I couldn’t add another device to the setup. So last week I bought the tiniest 2 stereo inputs mixer I could find (far right in the pic), just so I could squeeze in one more synth (the hydra).

Anyway passing thru stereo audio via the new external mixer in the DT works just fine, and so does the side chain on the master compressor (would be great to be able to bypass it though, maybe you can, haven’t looked..)

• Btw still no pingpong loop mode, which is odd.

• @dendy said:
    spend few hours with update - having one more LFO and filter increases sound design capabilities by lightyears... incredible.

I often tie up the LFO modulating the sample start point for random chopping. Very happy about this.

• @mistercharlie said:

@dendy said:
    spend few hours with update - having one more LFO and filter increases sound design capabilities by lightyears... incredible.

I often tie up the LFO modulating the sample start point for random chopping. Very happy about this.

i use very fast (512 or even 1024) LFO > pan modulation to get kind of stereo chorus effect (with a bit of dirt in form of ringmodulation side effect), so second LFO for any other modulation is gift from heaven :-)

• edited June 2021

@dendy said:

@mistercharlie said:

@dendy said:

i use very fast (512 or even 1024) LFO > pan modulation to get kind of stereo chorus effect (with a bit of dirt in form of ringmodulation side effect), so second LFO for any other modulation is gift from heaven :-)

I like this!.
    But you know what?. With stuff like this I feel like I’m gonna break it! 😂😂 Even if it’s only software, doing some very fast and drastic effects such as this I feel like the thing won’t keep up and just break… Must be an analog-era thing 😂😬 is it just me?

• @tahiche said:
    I like this!.
    But you know what?. With stuff like this I feel like I’m gonna break it! 😂😂 Even if it’s only software, doing some very fast and drastic effects such as this I feel like the thing won’t keep up and just break… Must be an analog-era thing 😂😬 is it just me?

lol yeah :-) Like you turn up LFO rate too much and in next second dark smoke starts appear from bottom of Digitakt :lol:

But believe me.. it doesn't break, using it a LOT in my tracks and it adds amazing stereo touch into otherwise mono sampler. Super powerful trick.