Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poll regarding iOS music makers and YouTube ads - *poll has been added back, please try again lol*

edited June 2021 in Other

This is anonymous, so be honest 😉

Poll about watching ads on vids by iOS Music Youtubers
  1. Do you see (not watch - SEE) ads on Youtube vids by iOS music youtubers?123 votes
    1. No - I hate ads and I use an adblocker
      13.01%
    2. No - I don’t intentionally avoid them, but I watch in a browser that happens not to show any ads
        0.81%
    3. Yes, I see ads but usually skip them all as quickly as possible
      34.15%
    4. Yes, I see ads but usually skip most
      18.70%
    5. Yes, I see ads and let one or two roll for 30 secs or more
      15.45%
    6. Yes, I see ads and try to watch most or all to support the Youtuber
        3.25%
    7. No, but I support via PayPal or Patreon instead
        0.81%
    8. No, because I pay for Youtube Premiium
      13.01%
    9. Other - please comment below
        0.81%

Comments

• Maybe add. No, I don’t watch ads because I pay for YouTube premium? 😁

• @onerez said:
    Maybe add. No, I don’t watch ads because I pay for YouTube premium? 😁

Ah damn yeah. I can't alter the poll, so people who do that can maybe mention it directly as a comment. They certainly have no fear of outing themselves publically. Thanks for pointing that out my friend!

• So that brings a question…. And I am not worried about it from my moral high ground… 😎. But I support in other ways to you. But if someone has premium you don’t get any cut correct??

• I voted "Yes, I see ads but skip some and watch some, depends on my mood"
    But I gotta add something... I know the ad helps the maker, so I tend to watch to help out when it's someone cool like you :wink: But midi chord pack ad that lasts 2-3 minutes pisses me off :lol: (maybe because those testimonials and the music are annoying)

• edited June 2021

Yes, you should have added the option 'I pay for Youtube Pemium'. For support there are other possibilities too, Paypal/Patreon.

• @Pierre118 said:
    Yes, add the option 'I pay for Youtube Pemium'

Polls can't be edited Pierre, that's why I suggested that those who pay for premium write a comment directly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@senhorlampada nothing to apologise for, I do the exact same

• @Gavinski said:

@Pierre118 said:
    Yes, add the option 'I pay for Youtube Pemium'

Polls can't be edited Pierre, that's why I suggested that those who pay for premium write a comment directly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@senhorlampada nothing to apologise for, I do the exact same

Edited my post.....

• @onerez said:
    So that brings a question…. And I am not worried about it from my moral high ground… 😎. But I support in other ways to you. But if someone has premium you don’t get any cut correct??

No no, Premium does give a cut to youtubers which should work out fair. As I mentioned in the other thread, youtube pays a minimum of 50 percent ad revenue to monetized youtubers. That seems fair to me, the only problem in iOS is that making good vids is very time consuming but the niche is too small to reward the work involved. Some big youtubers get up to 90 percent ad revenue, I heard. So youtube is not being that bad towards 'creators' in my opinion. I assume the cut they give from premium is also reasonably fair.

• @onerez said:
    So that brings a question…. And I am not worried about it from my moral high ground… 😎. But I support in other ways to you. But if someone has premium you don’t get any cut correct??

And yes, you are one of my biggest supporters, and I appreciate you hugely for it.

• I generally watch the adds if they are interesting but when that damned unison crap pop's up I either reload (which usually brings up a more tolerable add) or skip it if it's another one of those 'If I had this when I was bla bla bla I would have been a millionaire" or those eToro bs things or 'self improvement nutters' who think they have a solution to all problems :D

I can tolerate adds but not if the same add goes on ultra-repeat.

YouTube's algorithms are faulty beyond repair...
    ...the recommended videos have no relevance to what I actually like to watch.

• Somehow the poll has disappeared.... Must have accidentally got deleted while editing. Damn. Maybe I'll tey again later, mission aborted for now. Down with Polls.....

• I reach quickly for the telly remote control to mute it when the adverts come on, and if I can skip it I will – less so if it’s a nice advert, more so if it’s irrelevant.

If I see an advert that has cars in, I’ll stop the video and punish it by never coming back to it. I hate cars. Cars kill people slowly and sometimes quickly.

I’m also starting to do that with gambling adverts, and adverts about junk food based on meat.

Occasionally I’ll watch an advert all the way through. For example, a few months ago St Vincent was advertising whole songs of hers as 3min+ videos, so I’d sit through them every time (unless I was in a hurry).

• There was a point last year when YouTube thought it appropriate to show me ads for Nigel Fartrage’s financial snake oil , that did not get watched 🤣

• edited June 2021

I just tried to make the poll again but ran into problems. Seems my chrome browser on android does not like the poll on the AB Forum, it wouldn't let me write out my options in full this time, buggy....

• Should @Gavinski reintroduce the poll?
    a) yeah
    b) hell yeah
    c) go play in traffic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Should @Gavinski reintroduce the poll?
    a) yeah
    b) hell yeah
    c) go play in traffic

Lol

@winconway you don't need guidance on apps, from what I have seen

• The poll has been added back, hopefully it is complete enough this time, please redo if you did it before it got deleted, apologies for the time waste

• I just realized, the ‘show poll’ and ‘edit poll’ buttons are hella close to each other, pretty bad design.

• So does it help you more if someone watches an ad all the way through rather than skip it?

I rarely see ads that I’m interested in, and YouTube is terrible at targeting ads to me in general, so I always skip them, but would tolerate them more if it would help you.

• Good luck with your market research, though I doubt you'll learn anything you don't already know.

...which reminds me... when can I start paying for ABF Premium to also avoid promoted content on here? :joy:

• edited June 2021

@tk32 said:
    Good luck with your market research, though I doubt you'll learn anything you don't already know.

...which reminds me... when can I start paying for ABF Premium to also avoid promoted content on here? :joy:

Tough crowd here. How’s that Atom2 manual coming?? 😎

• Is it Hammertime yet?

• @onerez said:

@tk32 said:
    Good luck with your market research, though I doubt you'll learn anything you don't already know.

Tough crowd here. How’s that Atom2 manual coming?? 😎

Touché

• @michael_m said:
    So does it help you more if someone watches an ad all the way through rather than skip it?

I rarely see ads that I’m interested in, and YouTube is terrible at targeting ads to me in general, so I always skip them, but would tolerate them more if it would help you.

Michael, from what I have read, when people skip a skippable ad, the youtuber may or may not be paid depending on the type of ad the advertiser has paid for from youtube. Some ads will pay even if skipped, others not. For longer skippable ads, apparently the youtuber will only be paid if the viewer watches for at least 30 seconds or clicks a link.

• @tk32 said:

By the way, I don't think anyone can doubt my bona fides as a constructive member of this forum. I am the only youtuber of any size who is actually a constructive and regular poster, helpfully answering people's questions that have no relevance to my vids etc. So I hope you weren't having a dig at me there

• I also mute the ads while they play // life hacking in progress

• The 30 seconds thing is interesting
    I generally listen even to the annoying ads for that long (while doing dishes for example :tongue:)
    Some of the regional stuff is generally investment courses and those kind of things. Still annoying :lol:

But I really love when someone drops a really creative ad that can last 7 minutes and you still watch it. (Happened last month)

• You can let an ad run without necessarily paying attention to it. I’ll do this for YT’ers I want to support.

• @Gavinski said:

@tk32 said:

By the way, I don't think anyone can doubt my bona fides as a constructive member of this forum. I am the only youtuber of any size who is actually a constructive and regular poster, helpfully answering people's questions that have no relevance to my vids etc. So I hope you weren't having a dig at me there

No personal dig or ill feelings -- despite what you may think -- just a bit tired reading about your YouTube channel and monetisation all the time on here.

If saying so makes me a jerk, I'll wear that suit.