Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A MiRack Question + Request for Input/Guidance

edited June 2021 in Creations

Ok...this whole EuroRack experience is something I've desired from afar for a long time...but haven't had the mental bandwidth to jump in to it. I was recently chatting with a friend who is all in when it comes to Eurorack, and I sent him a sketch of the kind of things I'd like to control from a EuroRack instrument standpoint.

It looked like this:

He then took the time to put this together for me as a solution which would cover my desire in a EuroRack solution, which looks like this:

Now here's my $4300 question (that's how much the rig would cost to build based on the modules):
"How might I go about building such a rig in miRack?

Many thanks @mifki for miRack!!

Comments

• Most of that is actually easy to reproduce in miRack. Disting would actually be the hardest IMO because its so dense function wise. I’ve had most of those euro modules.

• For grains just use the MI Clouds module.

• Thanks. I think for me, not being super familiar with these, is what are the equivalents in miRack.

• Quick n dirty. And of course the functionality can be expanded using lots of other modules (and apps outside of miRack in iOS). Like I said above, the wildcard is Expert Sleepers Disting. There’s so much squeezed in there it’s crazy. Just add the functions you want/need.

• miRack proves 100% that there’s no need for any real world Eurorack hardware except that a person would want a physical object to play around with.

• edited June 2021

@Apex said:

Quick n dirty. And of course the functionality can be expanded using lots of other modules (and apps outside of miRack in iOS). Like I said above, the wildcard is Expert Sleepers Disting. There’s so much squeezed in there it’s crazy. Just add the functions you want/need.

Sweet. Thank you.

Here's the Rack with a few tweaks:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0Rw2OlZJK-cFVYM7B_w191zaw#EuroRack-TestDrive

I like that Lion Face :smiley:

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks. I think for me, not being super familiar with these, is what are the equivalents in miRack.

Texture synth is the Clouds port in miRack.

• Definitely recommend watching early Omri Cohen videos on VCV Rack. Most of these videos cover modules that are in miRack. Also, worth reading learningmodular.com for euro/modular basics.

• @apex that’s a great patch, thanks for sharing! On first sight, I think you’ll want some LFOs. Mental Quad LFO and Audible Instruments Segment Generator (MI Stages) are my favorites. I’ve never used cANARd before but you might also want to try Simpliciter, there’s a pretty good Omri Cohen video on it (essential viewing as @auxmux said).

Looking forward to see what you’ll cook with that rig, @echoopera!

• @dvi Quad LFO is great, virtual Batumi. Canard is an excellent sampler. In the second video of this post, I have the video of the patch in miRack in AUM. All sounds are miRack run through various FX.

• @auxmux said:
    @dvi Quad LFO is great, virtual Batumi. Canard is an excellent sampler. In the second video of this post, I have the video of the patch in miRack in AUM. All sounds are miRack run through various FX.

Beautiful stuff—following now! Tides is great; I love it to make just intonation chords. Very versatile as a modulator too.

• @NeuM said:
    miRack proves 100% that there’s no need for any real world Eurorack hardware except that a person would want a physical object to play around with.

Do you promise? Cos that would save me a ton of money I’ve been obsessed on spending soon

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:
    miRack proves 100% that there’s no need for any real world Eurorack hardware except that a person would want a physical object to play around with.

Do you promise? Cos that would save me a ton of money I’ve been obsessed on spending soon

There are plenty of Eurorack modules for which there isn't a suitable miRack equivalent. It really comes down to what you are trying to put together.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:

There are plenty of Eurorack modules for which there isn't a suitable miRack equivalent. It really comes down to what you are trying to put together.

Would that statement be true if you replaced “MiRack” with “VCV Rack”?

• I've only recently gotten into VCV Rack, but am intrigued by the possibilities of Midilar, a seemingly inexpensive hardware controller with patch points for VCV Rack. Looks like the patch points are still under development.
    https://midilar-controller.webnode.sk/
    https://github.com/stoermelder?tab=repositories
    https://github.com/stoermelder/vcvrack-packtau/releases/tag/Nightly

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:

Would that statement be true if you replaced “MiRack” with “VCV Rack”?

Yes. There are some great hardware analog modules that have unique palettes and that sound better than their digital impersonators if there even is one. It really depends on what you like. In my opinion, MakeNoise and a handful of other companies have great modules for which there aren't digital versions that capture their magic.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:

Hearing that makes me realize I should probably educate myself a bit better on the subject cos I’d probably just end up with random modules that don’t really go together well if I started spending money

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:

Hearing that makes me realize I should probably educate myself a bit better on the subject cos I’d probably just end up with random modules that don’t really go together well if I started spending money

Eurorack at this point just means modular synthesis. And there are zillions of modules from a large range of manufacturers that includes all sizes of manufacturers down to boutique companies that make very limited runs.

• @dvi said:

@auxmux said:
    @dvi Quad LFO is great, virtual Batumi. Canard is an excellent sampler. In the second video of this post, I have the video of the patch in miRack in AUM. All sounds are miRack run through various FX.

Beautiful stuff—following now! Tides is great; I love it to make just intonation chords. Very versatile as a modulator too.

Thank you! 😄❤️🙏 Yeah man, Tides is so great, and amazing as an oscillator. I keeping wanting the real thing, but with miRack I get presets. LOL.

• @auxmux said:

@dvi said:

@auxmux said:

Thank you! 😄❤️🙏 Yeah man, Tides is so great, and amazing as an oscillator. I keeping wanting the real thing, but with miRack I get presets. LOL.

I was just going through your instagram; wow! Amazing work my friend!

What are you using for all of the visuals?

@auxmux said:

@dvi said:

@auxmux said:

Thanks so much! 😊🤘🙏❤️ I use a combination of apps: Glitch Clip, GlitchStudio, and LumaFusion. And just recently got VS by Imaginado.

• @auxmux said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@dvi said:

@auxmux said:

Thanks so much! 😊🤘🙏❤️ I use a combination of apps: Glitch Clip, GlitchStudio, and LumaFusion. And just recently got VS by Imaginado.

You’re very welcome! I had a feeling you were using the new VS app, but I knew there was more to what I was seeing.

When I get my new iPad Pro (with adequate storage space), I might be coming to you for help and guidance in the visual department, if I could.

@auxmux said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@auxmux said:

@dvi said:

@auxmux said:

You’re very welcome! I had a feeling you were using the new VS app, but I knew there was more to what I was seeing.

When I get my new iPad Pro (with adequate storage space), I might be coming to you for help and guidance in the visual department, if I could.

Absolutely! 😄 Happy to help. I'm still on iPad Pro 2016 9.7, but might be getting closer to upgrade soon, hehe.