Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best midi sequencer/processor/sampler/drum machine that works in AUM?

Hi all,
Im putting together live looping projects in AUM. Nothing too big, just short 1-3 minute tracks for the most part, perhaps 3-4 channels with a little bit of sidechaining and effects going on, for use in bigger projects down the pipes.

I’m looking for a good, headache-free solution for putting together beats (quickly and easily, as beat making is not my forte) ... ideally I would like something that can trigger my own samples, works as a midi processor and can control multiple midi sources. No need for effects or even slicing (although I’m not opposed to that)...I already have the bram bros stuff, I’m just looking for something that might be even more streamline or all-in-one. It has to work in AUM as a controller or host or whatever and I keep going in circles trying to find the right app. Bonus points if it has -remade genre beat templates even as iap’s...
I really want to be able to control multiple midi sources so I would possibly settle for using a separate app for the drum machine or sequencer maybe....?

I’m more of a guitarist/effects soundscaper so when you combine the beat making with ‘programming’ it gets me kinda frustrated. Nothing is more ‘intuitive’ for human nature than playing rhythms IMO, and nothing dulls the vibe more than rerouting app to app and going into parameters and yada yada.
I also already have some of the big iOS daw’s like Cubasis, Beatmaker, and GarageBand but those aren’t cutting it for my workflow I guess, I usually use them for stitching together the loops later... That being said, if any of your suggestions work well for controlling korg gadgets I’m all ears ... programming the CC routing into gadget kinda dampens my spirits tho lol .... (side note - speaking of gadget, if anyone has tips on the Taipei I’d love to hear them) ... if they added auv3 support for gadgets (with their full functionality of course) this would probably solve my problem haha
Also don’t suggest the Roland zen, it crackles like shit and I’m not paying monthly for it, no matter how good the drum kits sound

Lol so please help me, I’m sick of doing the research and also don’t like buying apps that don’t do what I hoped they would 😅😆 posting this is kind of a last resort before I just start throwing money at my problem. Yes I know it sounds like I’m looking for an all-in-one solution for situation that might not be best workflow to begin with, and I should just grow out of AUM and be a big boy by using a real daw .....but don’t @me - I’m doin my best here 😝

Thanks! I appreciate you reading my rant and have a good day!

Comments

• Drambo, Patch Storage, and the Dramb forum could get you going (or cook your brain 😉 ).

• I keep seeing drambo posts and it does look like it might be the ticket... does it have multiple sends?

• It can route to multiple midi ports, in iOS, as in sending to multiple apps via their own ports.

For external gear, I am not sure you can send to more than one external port or if you need an external hub to connect your hardware to. I don’t have much hardware to work with.
    I am sure plenty of others around here have the answer to that one, though.

• I meant virtual midi, no external gear..but yeah what you’re saying helps....the thing I keep noticing is every app has it’s quirks like some just don’t play well it’s others even though it looks like they should on paper. Does drambo allow you to import your own samples and assign them to a drum kit or piano roll ?

• Some other ones I was looking at in no particular order:

Atom piano roll
    Pure acid
    Beat hawk
    Nano studio
    Digikeys
    Octochron
    Step bud
    Step poly arp
    Egoist
    Polyphase
    EG pulse
    Ape matrix
    Woodstepper
    Xequence 2
    Fugue machine
    Groove rider

And probably some others. I can’t even keep track any more and my head is spinning lol

• It has great samplers, 3 different ones.
    A Shot Sampler, for quick, simple stuff, supports slicing and random slice playback.
    A Flexi Sampler, for slicing and triggering longer samples or loops with a lot of options.
    A Sampler, the usual KB zone, multi sample instrument type, with 4 velocity layers.

• DrumComputer

• Drum Computer is quite nice and has these features.

• Oh yeah I downloaded drum computer! Just the free version but I kinda forgot about it because I usually ignore apps that hide all their au and midi functionality behind a paywall. Im may be the exception here, but I don't think making apps free helps their sales if they are gonna lock any useful features..just make it paid haha

• @ambrosiajam said:
    Oh yeah I downloaded drum computer! Just the free version but I kinda forgot about it because I usually ignore apps that hide all their au and midi functionality behind a paywall. Im may be the exception here, but I don't think making apps free helps their sales if they are gonna lock any useful features..just make it paid haha

I’m not sure, maybe for them it works but might not for other developers. It’s just a different sales method. Better then subscription that’s for sure.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@ambrosiajam said:
    Oh yeah I downloaded drum computer! Just the free version but I kinda forgot about it because I usually ignore apps that hide all their au and midi functionality behind a paywall. Im may be the exception here, but I don't think making apps free helps their sales if they are gonna lock any useful features..just make it paid haha

I’m not sure, maybe for them it works but might not for other developers. It’s just a different sales method. Better then subscription that’s for sure.

Once you understand the layout, workflow, and some of the features it’s a beast, and can do so much.

• @Poppadocrock said:

Oh snap you right! I'll take another look, as this one WAS one of the first ones to catch my eye. How do the included kits sound? I'm not oppressed to some tuning but it's always nice when they sound great right out of the box😏