Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to control non-midi app with an external midi controller?

Maybe it doesn't have much to do with Audiobus, because this question is more generic. Is there any “magic” iOS app capable of commanding another app via an external midi controller? I only need to press 3 buttons on the screen and the app doesn't accept midi and my hands are full.
Thanks

Comments

• @ronaldobc said:
    Maybe it doesn't have much to do with Audiobus, because this question is more generic. Is there any “magic” iOS app capable of commanding another app via an external midi controller? I only need to press 3 buttons on the screen and the app doesn't accept midi and my hands are full.
    Thanks

The app would have to expose some sort of interface. There's nothing in iOS that can send events to a screen location in another app. If the app is an AUv3, it might expose its parameters and controls to Audiobus, and they could be mapped. Could you identify the specific app in question? (This forum is much broader than just Audiobus.)

• @uncledave said:

The app would have to expose some sort of interface. There's nothing in iOS that can send events to a screen location in another app. If the app is an AUv3, it might expose its parameters and controls to Audiobus, and they could be mapped. Could you identify the specific app in question? (This forum is much broader than just Audiobus.)

Yes, the app in question is the Veescope that I use to record videos with chroma-key and audio via usb. He has a remote control through another iOS device, which still forces him to touch the screen. I've already asked the developer to add the external midi feature, but they didn't think it was important. The app is very good, lacking only this function. My hope is that there is an external app that works with motion macros or something like that. Practically impossible, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

• There is in the Accessibility feature of the iPhone and iPad. It’s called Switch Control. Haven’t dived into it a lot but it has some interesting automation.

• There are accessibility features built in to iOS that you can make use of to do this. It’s really complicated, I never figured it out.

But if you are interested, its called “switch control” and you can basically program any screen press or series of screen touches to be executed by a single MIDI cc input.

• edited June 2021

@Hmtx said:
    Here’s the discussion from a few years ago:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31245/how-to-remotely-control-any-ios-app

Thanks @Hmtx and @seonnthaproducer
    Interesting, I will try to learn how to configure. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Then I'll come back to tell you if it worked. 👍👍👍

• Update!
    wow, that worked really well and was always there and I didn't know. Now it's much easier to work. Thanks for sharing 👏👏👏👏