Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Surface Dial for Ipad?

Is there anything out there that works like the surface dial for ios? Would love to be able to hold a parameter in a music application then have that parameter be controlled by a physical knob.
I know you can midi map per parameter in most apps but that isn't quite the same

Comments

• Thanks peeps!

• Have you tested this with iPad OS?
    This controller was released a few yrs before mouse support came to iPad OS/iOS

• edited June 2021

Yes, it is working with iOS , but not a complete integration. It was not meant to be used within iOS .
    Would be great if they would make it work with iOS

• @Sergiu said:
    Yes, it is working with iOS , but not a complete integration. It was not meant to be used within iOS .
    Would be great if they would make it work with iOS

OK cool. What are some major functions that don’t work on iOS from your experience?

• edited June 2021

I was only able to move the cursor on the xy axis …you cannot use it as a mouse or trackpad. Maybe if you already are using a mouse or trackpad with your iPad , you’ll find it useful. I do not use a mouse or trackpad with the iPad … I use the Nob with my Mac .
    The issue is that there is no software for iOS …in order to be able to customize its functionality, assignments, sensitivity and so on.
    Check this thread https://gearspace.com/board/music-computers/1295734-praise-nob-control.html

• @Sergiu said:
    I was only able to move the cursor on the xy axis …you cannot use it as a mouse or trackpad. Maybe if you already are using a mouse or trackpad with your iPad , you’ll find it useful. I do not use a mouse or trackpad with the iPad … I use the Nob with my Mac .
    The issue is that there is no software for iOS …in order to be able to customize its functionality, assignments, sensitivity and so on.
    Check this thread https://gearspace.com/board/music-computers/1295734-praise-nob-control.html

Hi @Sergiu
    You are correct. The nOb Assignment Center software allows for deeper customization of advanced features. The basic functions of nOb out of the box are to control vertical and horizontal drag of the mouse cursor when it is placed over a target. If you have some time could you try and verify just these two basic features? I am primarily interested in using nOb for twisting app knobs more precisely and maybe also controlling some sliders. If this alone works I would find it useful in my workflow. I am not expecting the other custom desktop features to work so if any of them do it would just be a bonus.

But to test the basic functionality of nOb you need both a mouse and nOb together connected to an iPad so you can place the mouse pointer over a target before nOb can take control of it (the developer doesn’t believe nOb will be able to identify a target in iPad without a mouse pointer).

If you could test this basic feature I would really appreciate it. I believe horizontal vs vertical drag is toggled using the right toggle switch. Thanks.

• Yep…I’ll try using the trackpad and the nob. I’ll let you know…

• @Sergiu said:
    Yep…I’ll try using the trackpad and the nob. I’ll let you know…

Oh wait… I’m still waiting for the new iPad Pro … I traded in the previous one. I’ll come back and report after I’ll have the iPad ( it takes soo long…)

• @Sergiu said:

@Sergiu said:

Oh wait… I’m still waiting for the new iPad Pro … I traded in the previous one. I’ll come back and report after I’ll have the iPad ( it takes soo long…)

Thanks @Sergiu hopefully it works.

• I would also keep an eye on this device https://loupedeck.com/us/

Looks really good! It says Ableton integration , but don't know about iOS .

• @Sergiu said:
    I would also keep an eye on this device https://loupedeck.com/us/

Looks really good! It says Ableton integration , but don't know about iOS .

I have actually seen this unit. I have a stream deck which is pretty similar. They are both focused towards streaming production although adaptable to other creative workflow applications. Both are only Mac and PC supported right now, but I did see an iOS feature request acknowledgement from a support rep on Reddit last year for the stream deck. No developments on that front yet though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElgatoGaming/comments/e2hj4u/can_i_connect_stream_deck_to_ipad_pro_via_usb/

• @Sergiu said:

@Sergiu said:

@Sergiu
    Hi, any luck receiving your iPad Pro yet to test the nOb?

• Yes, sorry for the delay. It is working but the sensitivity is not the same as with macOS.
    I bought it for my iMac but I don’t think I would do it for the iPad.

If they bring iPadOS support, then yes .

• @Sergiu said:
    Yes, sorry for the delay. It is working but the sensitivity is not the same as with macOS.
    I bought it for my iMac but I don’t think I would do it for the iPad.

If they bring iPadOS support, then yes .

@Sergiu Ok. Sounds like you don't like the resolution or responsiveness with iPad OS (compared to Mac OS).
    Thanks for checking 👍