Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are people using for ad blocking?

Specifically for YouTube ads on iOS. There’s too many ads. (sorry Gavin it’s not you)

Comments

• edited June 2021

I am using 1Blocker and it was working fine until about 2 months ago. Now all YouTube ads slip past it and other popular blocking extensions as well :( The empire strikes back

• @yug said:
    I am using 1Blocker and it was working fine until about 2 months ago. Now all YouTube ads slip past it and other popular blocking extensions as well :( The empire strikes back

Exactly why I was asking - I had the same.

• If they put them at the end or only at the beginning for 10-20 sec fine. But, this shit where they interrupt a 5-10 min video every time sometimes multiple times is bullshit. Especially if the ad is nothing but scammy junk.

• I hear if you buy the midi pack, he leaves you alone.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    I hear if you buy the midi pack, he leaves you alone.

Ha

• have you tried BRAVE ?

• edited June 2021

@mlau said:
    have you tried BRAVE ?

Not yet. What’s the low down since nothing is really free. What is there gimmick/model?

• Get YouTube premium, but don’t make the payment through the iOS YouTube apps, because Apple will charge you an extra 30% every month.

Use a browser to setup the payment instead.

• @jolico said:
    Get YouTube premium, but don’t make the payment through the iOS YouTube apps, because Apple will charge you an extra 30% every month.

Good to know

• Ads every 5 to 10 mins is perfectly acceptable in my view guys. If you skip ads, that still ends up to max a minute or two of ads over the course of an hour long video. Compare that to what you'd get on cable! As I've said before, despite a regular output of long videos, my current youtube ad revenue sucks absolute balls, and here is the screenshot to prove it. The most I have earned in a month from youtube ads is about 300 bucks, and that was pumping out vids at great physical and mental toll to my health. As I've said before, if people give a damn about supporting the youtubers who are providing so much value in this very niche community, either tolerate the ads or get Youtube premium. 🙏

• Brave is an internet browser with privacy as it’s focused. Very nice app, I use it a lot when researching things I don’t want google knowing about.

• Run a mile from ads. I take great pleasure in helping my children avoid them as well. Things have definitely got better since services went online. But then we have given up other freedoms of course...

• edited June 2021

@audiblevideo said:

@mlau said:
    have you tried BRAVE ?

Not yet. What’s the low down since nothing is really free. What is there gimmick/model?

There’s no adds, that’s all i know, and it works fine

• I just watch three ads then kill the video myself. ... nothing's worth four ads. Not a labour-intensive ad blocker so much as a show-stopper for me.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

Insane midi pack. Yo check it out we even have C major in this.

• edited June 2021

@DMan said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

I changed my hip hop handle to Pidi Mac in tribute.

• @despego Does Wipr work for YouTube ads?

• @jolico said:
    Get YouTube premium, but don’t make the payment through the iOS YouTube apps, because Apple will charge you an extra 30% every month.

+1

• @mistercharlie said:
    @despego Does Wipr work for YouTube ads?

Yes, but only in Safari.

• @despego said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yes, but only in Safari.

pretty nice ! works like a charm ! thanks

• Doesn’t work in iPadOS 15. Doesn’t block youtube ads :(

• Try this special Adblocker playlist.
    Put it on repeat 🔁 and let it play for around 4 hours. (Turn down the volume of your device so that the annoying sound doesn’t disturb you)
    If it doesn’t work, try again the next day.

• @mlau said:

@despego said:

@mistercharlie said:

Yes, but only in Safari.

pretty nice ! works like a charm ! thanks

👍
    I’m very happy with it.

• Sigh - Gavin I watch your ads and a few others. My problem is like the rest of the internet ads have interfered with looking for information, all while adverts track your ass to the depths of hell profiling you.

If I’m watching a 5-10min video and I get interrupted after their 10sec bumper and then can’t fast forward to see if the actual content is what I’m looking for then repeat that several times over hours and days - it’s an incredible waste of time and effort just like fucking pop ups and auto playing videos.

End rant

For the amount of effort real content provides I don’t begrudge ads. It’s the bullshit that drives me mad.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Sigh - Gavin I watch your ads and a few others. My problem is like the rest of the internet ads have interfered with looking for information, all while adverts track your ass to the depths of hell profiling you.

If I’m watching a 5-10min video and I get interrupted after their 10sec bumper and then can’t fast forward to see if the actual content is what I’m looking for then repeat that several times over hours and days - it’s an incredible waste of time and effort just like fucking pop ups and auto playing videos.

End rant

For the amount of effort real content provides I don’t begrudge ads. It’s the bullshit that drives me mad.

For sure i understand bro

• ads are completely unacceptable. I stopped using a television around 1990, and see the internet as a free alternative to old mechanisms. Suddenly though people seem to start to accept the same bullshit online, being tracked and blasted with commercials back and forth. Anytime my adblocker doesn‘t work I immediately quit the video. What happened to the initial ideas of the Internet?
    Sorry for the rant, but please don‘t let the „possibilities“ for the little man to make money online fool you…

• @animal said:
    ads are completely unacceptable. I stopped using a television around 1990, and see the internet as a free alternative to old mechanisms. Suddenly though people seem to start to accept the same bullshit online, being tracked and blasted with commercials back and forth. Anytime my adblocker doesn‘t work I immediately quit the video. What happened to the initial ideas of the Internet?
    Sorry for the rant, but please don‘t let the „possibilities“ for the little man to make money online fool you…

🥂👍

• @Gavinski said:
    Ads every 5 to 10 mins is perfectly acceptable in my view guys. If you skip ads, that still ends up to max a minute or two of ads over the course of an hour long video. Compare that to what you'd get on cable! As I've said before, despite a regular output of long videos, my current youtube ad revenue sucks absolute balls, and here is the screenshot to prove it. The most I have earned in a month from youtube ads is about 300 bucks, and that was pumping out vids at great physical and mental toll to my health. As I've said before, if people give a damn about supporting the youtubers who are providing so much value in this very niche community, either tolerate the ads or get Youtube premium. 🙏

Not on your side ! Ads are becoming a serious problem. Just this morning, i was playing alongside Chet Baker and had to stop three times in 10mn !!!

Lately, youtube has been harassing everyone with those ads. It is a plague ! And i am sorry if that’s the way you conceive a way of living, but for all the other people, it is a no go …

As for paying youtube to get rid of the ads, this proposition is almost comical …

To be honest with you gavin, i stopped watching some of your vids because of the ads !

• @DMan said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

Ha! A friend of mine is the guy in the Niko’s midi pack as that says “this is insane.” I joke with him all the time about that and his own ads. I will say though, he is an incredible mastering engineer and his course he teaches is great, even if I do see his ads quite often.

I do wish there was a way to have the ads come up in better spots if there have to be any at all.