Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• I have the beta but animated gifs not animating, will try some others. Also for the background layer I cannot seem to browse to my photos.

• @NimboStratus said:
    I have the beta but animated gifs not animating, will try some others. Also for the background layer I cannot seem to browse to my photos.

How are you trying to open the photos browser?

• @sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:
    I have the beta but animated gifs not animating, will try some others. Also for the background layer I cannot seem to browse to my photos.

Through the background layer browser…

• @NimboStratus said:

@sinosoidal said:

@NimboStratus said:

Through the background layer browser…

If you long press, you have more options in the context menu

• Oh! Thank you!

• For the animated gifs, they load but the loop and rate buttons are disabled and doesn’t play. Is there a file size limit?

• @NimboStratus said:
    For the animated gifs, they load but the loop and rate buttons are disabled and doesn’t play. Is there a file size limit?

Gifs and webp are still images and we don't have the same set of controls. So, that's why those controls are disabled.

• Oh odd, just reloaded and they are working coool!

• edited June 2021

Oh my, will try and get example up as this is sooo cool

• @Toastedghost said:
    How quicly does this developer take onboard new suggestions.
    This is a demo of the latest beta version of VS Visual Synth.
    I normally use Youtube for my video uploads but a lately the quality seems to have dropped on uploads so here is a demo on Vimeo.

@Toastedghost I had the same issue with YouTube on my last upload and I was going crazy as I know I exported it out of LUMA at HQ. appears it just took time for it to adjust or what ever compression or jerking around they do, but it after a few hours showed with the normal HQ settings. I don’t get it…. I don’t want to have to wait for my videos to become HQ ready then share it out. Anyway…. Missing the point your video here is Super Cool!!!!

• @sinosoidal request : can we allow the background layer params to be changed by the lfo, eg, am? At minimum the alpha? Thank you.

• Question: Maybe it's my poor English but I just can't figure out the audio modulation thing. For example, i set the brightness to 1 and I just have an audio file that's a 4/4 kick. I want the brightness to reach 1 on every kick, but the layer keeps running the whole time. Any suggestions?

• @eylvy said:
    Question: Maybe it's my poor English but I just can't figure out the audio modulation thing. For example, i set the brightness to 1 and I just have an audio file that's a 4/4 kick. I want the brightness to reach 1 on every kick, but the layer keeps running the whole time. Any suggestions?

• How did you post that video here?

• edited June 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    How did you post that video here?

it's a gif. I recorded a video and converted it to a gif =)

• @NimboStratus said:
    How did you post that video here?

It’s a gif. Should be able to add just like regular photos?

• @xglax said:

@eylvy said:
    Question: Maybe it's my poor English but I just can't figure out the audio modulation thing. For example, i set the brightness to 1 and I just have an audio file that's a 4/4 kick. I want the brightness to reach 1 on every kick, but the layer keeps running the whole time. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much, @xglax !

• Would it be possible to run a future VS version on separate audio tracks so that each individual audio track can for instance control a separate layer? For instance a multi-out drum AU with the kick controlling one layer in VS by audio and the snare another one.
    That would involve several VS instances communicating..

• @Toastedghost loved those trippy tests you are doing there :heart: :love:

• @janpieter said:
    Would it be possible to run a future VS version on separate audio tracks so that each individual audio track can for instance control a separate layer? For instance a multi-out drum AU with the kick controlling one layer in VS by audio and the snare another one.

Having more than one VS instance is possible already but it is overkill for your GPU. Not recommended.

• @sinosoidal said:

@janpieter said:
    Would it be possible to run a future VS version on separate audio tracks so that each individual audio track can for instance control a separate layer? For instance a multi-out drum AU with the kick controlling one layer in VS by audio and the snare another one.

Having more than one VS instance is possible already but it is overkill for your GPU. Not recommended.

Those are totally separate visual instances with their own 8 layers Is there a plan to allow different audio channels to control different layers in one VS instance. Bass drum controlling one layer, filtered pads another, bass for another, … AUM supports multi-channel input auv3 effects(4:00 in ) or there’s the VOLBot (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/volbot/id1537234760 ) approach of using a separate client app that runs on different channels that communicate with the mothership.

• @xor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@janpieter said:

Those are totally separate visual instances with their own 8 layers Is there a plan to allow different audio channels to control different layers in one VS instance. Bass drum controlling one layer, filtered pads another, bass for another, … AUM supports multi-channel input auv3 effects(4:00 in ) or there’s the VOLBot (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/volbot/id1537234760 ) approach of using a separate client app that runs on different channels that communicate with the mothership.

That’s what I meant!

• @xor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@janpieter said:

@janpieter said:

@xor said:

@sinosoidal said:

@janpieter said:

That’s what I meant!

We have never explored multi chanel input. Something to dig in the future when some other crucial features are implemented.

• Multi channel input would be super awesome

• Request for Multi input would be great but a video capture must be one of the first requests to be implemented.
    More experimenting with gif import in Beta version.

• Where you getting these crazy gifs from?

• @NimboStratus said:

Where you getting these crazy gifs from?

Simply type in Google Surreal gifs and they will blow your head off!

• @Toastedghost said:
    @NimboStratus said:

Top tip.

I've had a look.

Yup, agreed.

• @Toastedghost said:
    @NimboStratus said:

Sweet thanks!

• Liquid light is another good search for trippy af