Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• Visual Synthesis is such a cool ass concept, great to see it get some attention on Ipad. I've been using a funky max4live device called Vizzable3 to be used in Ableton. But it's super clunky. This could change everything, and almost makes me want to redo all of my audio visual albums I've put out on Youtube with this app in mind.

• Doesn’t seem to be a way to mod the colour

• Oh of course you can doh

• would be extra cool if you could import your own vectors graphics , and /or sprites for the animated layers, and your own videos for the background layers. or even just all videos layers with blending modes between layers and midi that control start and stop points of each video layer.
    this seems like the first step toward that. very exciting

• @eross said:
    would be extra cool if you could import your own vectors graphics , and /or sprites for the animated layers, and your own videos for the background layers. or even just all videos layers with blending modes between layers and midi that control start and stop points of each video layer.

Video is heavy. It would be overkill to have a video on each layer.

You can load your own videos/images to the background layer

Blending mode does not affect background layer

• @sinosoidal said:

@eross said:
    would be extra cool if you could import your own vectors graphics , and /or sprites for the animated layers, and your own videos for the background layers. or even just all videos layers with blending modes between layers and midi that control start and stop points of each video layer.

Blending mode does not affect background

yeah video on each layer would probably bog down the ipad. but if it was a cross platform app and worked on mac to. that would be cool.
    yeah i saw that it already has a background video. i’m gonna have to see what i can do with this thing.

• @eross said:

@sinosoidal said:

@eross said:

yeah video on each layer would probably bog down the ipad. but if it was a cross platform app and worked on mac to. that would be cool.
    yeah i saw that it already has a background video. i’m gonna have to see what i can do with this thing.

It is a cross platform app and works on Mac and Windows! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@eross said:

@sinosoidal said:

@eross said:

Hey there,
    Is it optimized for the m1 mac?

Thanks!

• @sinosoidal said:

@eross said:

@sinosoidal said:

@eross said:

sweet!!

• Found an issue with the plugin version for logic, they are fixing! YAY!

• This is looking good.

• @sinosoidal, is there a way to remove the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen on recent iPad Pros? I think some apps have found a way to remove it when in full-screen mode.

I tried making a full-screen recording using the standalone version, and the white bar is recorded along with everything else. It would be great if there was a way to have it not show.

Otherwise, I'm super-pleased with the app. Plenty here to explore.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    @sinosoidal, is there a way to remove the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen on recent iPad Pros? I think some apps have found a way to remove it when in full-screen mode.

I tried making a full-screen recording using the standalone version, and the white bar is recorded along with everything else. It would be great if there was a way to have it not show.

Can you send me a screenshot? I have never seen such white bar and we have the latest iPad Pro 2021 11" (M1)

• @sinosoidal said:

@DavidEnglish said:
    @sinosoidal, is there a way to remove the white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen on recent iPad Pros? I think some apps have found a way to remove it when in full-screen mode.

Can you send me a screenshot? I have never seen such white bar and we have the latest iPad Pro 2021 11" (M1)

This is the latest iPad Pro 2021, but it's the 12.9-inch model.

• looks like there is an issue with standalone version on Mac, they are also looking at. Amazing support :-)

• edited June 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    looks like there is an issue with standalone version on Mac, they are also looking at. Amazing support :-)

Whst's the problem they're looking at? I can't seem to get any audio to feed into the Mac standalone...

• Nice combo with Virtual ANS.

• @enkaytee said:

@NimboStratus said:
    looks like there is an issue with standalone version on Mac, they are also looking at. Amazing support :-)

Whst's the problem they're looking at? I can't seem to get any audio to feed into the Mac standalone...

Just that, VS should show up in permissions to allow access to mic but not listed there

• edited June 2021

@sinosoidal Is there anyway of saving content out into LumaFusion with this version or is that coming in a update?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @sinosoidal Is there anyway of saving content out into LumaFusion with this version or is that coming in a update?

You can do a screen record but video saving is coming I think.

• I have watched the tutorial from @Gavinski , and although it's very cool to manipulate the visuals through LFO, MIDI and Audio, and have 8 layers + Background, i wonder if i could add content, like short video clips. What i hoped to see, are more "traditional" video manipulation, alike effect layers ala Photoshop (Posterise, negative, outline etc.) and mirroring, caleido etc. Or even video scrubbing.
    As of yet, this is not my cup of tea, due to the fact that you are bound to a set of shaders, with no room for own content.
    This is an excellent program for people who want a visual to their music, but less for people who want to be more creative and expressive.
    All in all, this is and excellent piece of software, and i do like the Trigger options, but less for the visuals.

• @Identor said:
    I have watched the tutorial from @Gavinski , and although it's very cool to manipulate the visuals through LFO, MIDI and Audio, and have 8 layers + Background, i wonder if i could add content, like short video clips. What i hoped to see, are more "traditional" video manipulation, alike effect layers ala Photoshop (Posterise, negative, outline etc.) and mirroring, caleido etc. Or even video scrubbing.
    As of yet, this is not my cup of tea, due to the fact that you are bound to a set of shaders, with no room for own content.
    This is an excellent program for people who want a visual to their music, but less for people who want to be more creative and expressive.
    All in all, this is and excellent piece of software, and i do like the Trigger options, but less for the visuals.

I watched the tutorial and read the manual and I stopped at the fact that I have to pick from the pre-loaded content in the Materials section. Even if I could load my own photos to a layer and then manipulate the image with MIDI or audio-based LFOs then I'd buy instantly. If I could load short video clips or, ideally, GIFs from something like giphy (the Glitch Clip app is SO GREAT but is not AUv3) or my own collection of GIFs, then I'd be over the moon. I may still buy this just to support Imaginando with hopes that they expand the feature set in this direction--they have certainly proven with LK that they develop apps for the long haul.

• edited June 2021

PS: It would be cool if there's something like VU (Video unit), just like AU (Audio Unit), and to Glue everything: VIM (Video Mixer), just like AUM. Or even: VIM and AUM in parallel, where you can send Data from AUm to VIM.

• BTW: To answer my own question about the material shaders: They seem to be in GLSL ES format (like lots of the shadertoy and shaderfrog stuff) .

In the material screen press the (i) icon on the right side of each material to get an glslsandbox link with the source-code the shader is based upon :) For instance http:// glslsandbox.com/e#69291.0 for the star light material.

These base shaders were extended with the control variables provided by the VS app to enable the modulations. I hope Imagenando will open up custom shader addition in a future update, maybe even as IAP.

Currently the shaders are referenced by an UUID in the presets state and not by a filename, perhaps they are all precompiled and directly loaded into the app. I don‘t know if the shader compiler is included in the IOS system, but it‘s likely since they can be run in the safari browser...

• @Jumpercollins said:

Do you mean, render to video file? Not yet. But there will be. It is a matter of time.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Identor said:
    I have watched the tutorial from @Gavinski , and although it's very cool to manipulate the visuals through LFO, MIDI and Audio, and have 8 layers + Background, i wonder if i could add content, like short video clips. What i hoped to see, are more "traditional" video manipulation, alike effect layers ala Photoshop (Posterise, negative, outline etc.) and mirroring, caleido etc. Or even video scrubbing.

I watched the tutorial and read the manual and I stopped at the fact that I have to pick from the pre-loaded content in the Materials section. Even if I could load my own photos to a layer and then manipulate the image with MIDI or audio-based LFOs then I'd buy instantly. If I could load short video clips or, ideally, GIFs from something like giphy (the Glitch Clip app is SO GREAT but is not AUv3) or my own collection of GIFs, then I'd be over the moon. I may still buy this just to support Imaginando with hopes that they expand the feature set in this direction--they have certainly proven with LK that they develop apps for the long haul.

For now you can load videos and images into the background layer. Most of the factory presets have videos on the background that brings a lot of texture and personality to the presets.

We might be able to expand the ability to load images to layers. But a video in each layers is a CPU and memory smasher.

Animated gif support is definitely possible. I will open issue right away.

• @_ki said:
    BTW: To answer my own question about the material shaders: They seem to be in GLSL ES format (like lots of the shadertoy and shaderfrog stuff) .

In the material screen press the (i) icon on the right side of each material to get an glslsandbox link with the source-code the shader is based upon :) For instance http:// glslsandbox.com/e#69291.0 for the star light material.

Yes, you are correct. We are using GLSL shaders with custom parameters.

These base shaders were extended with the control variables provided by the VS app to enable the modulations. I hope Imagenando will open up custom shader addition in a future update, maybe even as IAP.

Before allowing custom GLSL import we want to consolidate a bit more the application with user feedback. We will also need to provide a template as we require some little details to happen in order to make it behave and look correctly.

Currently the shaders are referenced by an UUID in the presets state and not by a filename, perhaps they are all precompiled and directly loaded into the app. I don‘t know if the shader compiler is included in the IOS system, but it‘s likely since they can be run in the safari browser...

Factory resources are not available in the file system. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Identor said:

For now you can load videos and images into the background layer. Most of the factory presets have videos on the background that brings a lot of texture and personality to the presets.

We might be able to expand the ability to load images to layers. But a video in each layers is a CPU and memory smasher.

This is why I love the way you work. THANK YOU for listening to your customers!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@sinosoidal said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Identor said:

This is why I love the way you work. THANK YOU for listening to your customers!

This is the way! :blush:

• @sinosoidal Support for pulling int giphy gifs into layers would be amazing.