Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• @sinosoidal said:

This is amazing! :blush:

Thank you. 😁

🙏🏾

• Latest VS 1.3.2 beta (build 59) improves layout in phone. This is a release candidate.

• Here's another one with VS Synth on the Visuals.

On the earlier one I used VS Synth for both the stills and the materials.
    With this one I used LumaFusion for animating the stills and VS Synth
    for the materials and layered them in LumaFusion to adjust for timing.

Enjoy.

• Nice! @Gravitas

I like the images used in the second one.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Nice! @Gravitas

I like the images used in the second one.

Thank you. 🙏🏾

• Great track there with burbling bubbles. Great sound design.

• @oceansinspace said:
    Great track there with burbling bubbles. Great sound design.

I like it when it bubbles.

Thank you.

• Awesome videos everyone.

Sorry to be lazy, having not kept up with this thread.. I’m using VS a lot again after not doing much video for a while. Back when it first came out I was just using the standalone and screen recording in full screen on mobile.

Is there a better way to render now or no?

• This video is made from only manipulated screen recordings that I made in VS. Sorry I don’t have it on YouTube or I would embed…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc1ZgzhpKgP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• @maxwellhouser said:
    This video is made from only manipulated screen recordings that I made in VS. Sorry I don’t have it on YouTube or I would embed…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cc1ZgzhpKgP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Beautiful music and nice subtle variations in the video. Has that Eno/Lanois vibe going.

• @galmandsværk wow, thank you!! 😁

• A little something I made last night

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    A little something I made last night

I really dig this video and track- they really go well together.

• @sinosoidal / anyone: Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I have just made my first sausage-fingered video to accompany some noise for Drone Day (See elsewhere on the forum for that). And, well…

…Apologies if this has already been raised elsewhere in the thread (being lazy/not enough time to read 26 pages!) but… is anyone making/selling visual preset packs for this? I’d certainly be up for some IAP action…

• edited May 2022

@sinosoidal, I am still experiencing the issue of my background videos getting stripped upon saving/loading my presets (iPad version). Have tried reinstalling from the App Store and issue persists. Happy to help troubleshoot.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @sinosoidal / anyone: Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I have just made my first sausage-fingered video to accompany some noise for Drone Day (See elsewhere on the forum for that). And, well…

…Apologies if this has already been raised elsewhere in the thread (being lazy/not enough time to read 26 pages!) but… is anyone making/selling visual preset packs for this? I’d certainly be up for some IAP action…

I’ve been wondering if we’ve made any progress in getting the Patch Storage idea going. Last I heard, we were to vote on it.

• edited May 2022

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @sinosoidal / anyone: Sorry about resurrecting this thread, but I have just made my first sausage-fingered video to accompany some noise for Drone Day (See elsewhere on the forum for that). And, well…

I’ve been wondering if we’ve made any progress in getting the Patch Storage idea going. Last I heard, we were to vote on it.

You can see here it is still under vote, others apps have been there far longer, not sure how or when they are chosen to be implemented.

https://patchstorage.com/requests/

...but nothing is stopping people from sharing their code/files/videos in here or in any other platform.

• edited June 2022

@Nimgwen said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Svetlovska said:

You can see here it is still under vote, others apps have been there far longer, not sure how or when they are chosen to be implemented.

https://patchstorage.com/requests/

...but nothing is stopping people from sharing their code/files/videos in here or in any other platform.

It seems that it was finally approved:

Does anyone have patches to upload?

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2022

@sinosoidal said:
    It seems that it was finally approved:

Yay, it there https://patchstorage.com/platform/vs-visual-synthesizer/

Does anyone have patches to upload?

I‘m currently quite busy with work and other stuff.

When shaders were opened up, i ported about 80 of shadertoys ~60000 patches i found interesting, but only added few of the VS macro controls.
    Since VS doesn‘t have texture support, i often had to add procedural texture generation (for 2d- or 3d-noise, blue noise, woods, marbles, pseudo-env-mapping etc) to get the more interesting shaders to run. I had a lot of fun finding these work-arounds :) Some were too GPU intensive, but most worked out fine.

VS user library preview got very, very slow (less than 1 screen update per second!) and it takes ages to scroll or open up the shader menu when using more than 30 user materials. That‘s why i exported nearly all of them after getting them working initially - importing them back is easy and fast.

So - if i find more time in the future (maybe next month) i will revisit some of the ported shaders, add more macros controls and upload them to patchstorage.

When uploading ported stuff, i highly recommend to state the original shader authors and to add a link to the specific shadertoy page in the documentation and additionally use the ‚Source url‘ field to add the blue ‚Source code‘ button) - otherwise problems may arise due to copyright infringement!

• @Fingolfinzzz / anyone: how do I make use of the code you kindly posted in VS? Apologies: Idiot here… :)

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2022

@sinosoidal The current upload/download/import process for VS patches on PatchStorage is quite cumbersome as only zip or txt files are accepted, that both need to be processed first after downloading.

Please contact the PatchStorrage crew (via email or discord ?) that they add the *.frag extension (like they added *.mozaic after a request) - then one can directly upload a shader and importing is also easier.

• @_ki said:
    @sinosoidal The current upload/download/import process for VS patches on PatchStorage is quite cumbersome as only zip or txt files are accepted, that both need to be processed first after downloading.

Please contact the PatchStorrage crew (via email or discord ?) that they add the *.frag extension (like they added *.mozaic after a request) - then one can directly upload a shader and importing is also easier.

Will try! Thanks for your feedback.

• Will this soon be a £9.99 deal?

Thanks

• @sigma79 said:
    Will this soon be a £9.99 deal?

Thanks

The only thing I can tell you is that we will have a deal happening this month.

I can't tell you how good the deal will be or when it will be. The only thing I can tell you is to stay in the loop. Follow our social media, newsletter, etc!

:blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@sigma79 said:
    Will this soon be a £9.99 deal?

Thanks

The only thing I can tell you is that we will have a deal happening this month.

I can't tell you how good the deal will be or when it will be. The only thing I can tell you is to stay in the loop. Follow our social media, newsletter, etc!

:blush:

Yooo. My man. Will buy. Sorry for asking. Obviously sales are good for devs also.

• Not sure why it’s doing the .txt extension for everything. Here’s a zip file of a few I converted but you may want to edit the parameter names cos my method was nonsensical since I was mostly experimenting

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Not sure why it’s doing the .txt extension for everything. Here’s a zip file of a few I converted but you may want to edit the parameter names cos my method was nonsensical since I was mostly experimenting

Ah! Now these work. Thanks! (I mean, most of them do. Some are blank?)

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Not sure why it’s doing the .txt extension for everything. Here’s a zip file of a few I converted but you may want to edit the parameter names cos my method was nonsensical since I was mostly experimenting

Yeah some of them show up blank on the preview and then work if you click them but some may just be coming up blank, I can’t quite remember all that was in that folder. I did a lot of guessing with the code cos I definitely don’t know how to actually write any shaders

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Yeah some of them show up blank on the preview and then work if you click them but some may just be coming up blank, I can’t quite remember all that was in that folder. I did a lot of guessing with the code cos I definitely don’t know how to actually write any shaders

lol well that makes two of us. These are something to start with though, thanks for being brave enough to experiment and for sharing!