Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando Lda

Comments

• Imaginando will be there in the premiere to answer all your Qs!

• edited June 2021

@Gavinski said:

@NimboStratus said:
    in standalone can you import a mp3 etc to record full screen?

Yoou cannot. I've suggested that something like that would be useful / essential. Watch my vid later to get the full lowdown

So it has to “listen” to audio from Logic/AUM etc? Will watch thanks! 😍

• @Gavinski said:

@NimboStratus said:

Yoou cannot. I've suggested that something like that would be useful / essential. Watch my vid later to get the full lowdown

No, but VS full strength relies on receiving the midi.

Internally we have a demo mode that relies on a audio loop and the corresponding midi composition so you can play with the presets. The audio plays and midi events are injected accordingly. It would make much more sense to improve this ability further than simply reproducing an audio file.

But there is definitely room for improvement. Looking forward to see usage feedback.

Right now you should think in VS as something that lives along your musical composition.

• @Identor said:
    If this is only pre-configurated visuals, well, that's not for me. Less room for experimenting.

No, this are not pre-configured visuals! You have a lot of control to create your own

• @NimboStratus said:

@Gavinski said:

@NimboStratus said:

So it has to “listen” to audio from Logic/AUM etc? Will watch thanks! 😍

For instance, in AUM, you place VS as an audio effect and then you send the output of each track to a bus and that bus as input to VS. You also route incoming midi to VS. This way you receive audio and midi from your composition.

• @sinosoidal said:

@Identor said:
    If this is only pre-configurated visuals, well, that's not for me. Less room for experimenting.

No, this are not pre-configured visuals! You have a lot of control to create your own

Yup, tobs of control, great modulation possibilities, hella fun to play with

• You have to see it action to properly understand. Watch the whole vid before making your mind up! @Identor

• @sinosoidal said:

@Identor said:

Lets see then :), I'm curious. I want from abstract to fluid, haha

• You can also import a layer of video as a backdrop which you can then control with AU parameters. This gives it a lot more depth than just the included components. If you're already a video creator this is a very nice feature. :)

• N> @Carnbot said:

You can also import a layer of video as a backdrop which you can then control with AU parameters. This gives it a lot more depth than just the included components. If you're already a video creator this is a very nice feature. :)

Oh shiz.. that takes this from interesting to instapurchase in 2 seconds flat!

• @Carnbot said:
    You can also import a layer of video as a backdrop which you can then control with AU parameters. This gives it a lot more depth than just the included components. If you're already a video creator this is a very nice feature. :)

Definitely. Can also import images as background.

• Amazing! Can't wait to use this. The iOS video synth I've been dreaming of.

• There are definitely not enough apps for visual DJing on iOS. Thanks @sinosoidal and Imaginando team for recognizing the niche. Obrigado!

• I don‘t know if i can make it to the video premiere - but could someone ask if it‘s possible to write/add own shaders ? Which format are they ? Will Imagenando open up their API ?

There are sooo many cool shaders on shadertoy.com or shaderfrog.com that one could adapt for music input if the „audio analysis to shader API“ of VS is documented. But unforunately the VS manual didn‘t even mention any possibility to add own shaders. The shaders themselves will probably use one of the common shader languages. Even if its Apple‘s metal shader language (MSL) one could adapt the formulas and ideas of the WebGL/GLSL shaders of the online shader editors i mentioned

• I hope I can manipulate the colors red and black into my vids 😉

• @_ki said:
    I don‘t know if i can make it to the video premiere - but could someone ask if it‘s possible to write/add own shaders ? Which format are they ? Will Imagenando open up their API ?

There are sooo many cool shaders on shadertoy.com or shaderfrog.com that one could adapt for music input if the „audio analysis to shader API“ of VS is documented. But unforunately the VS manual didn‘t even mention any possibility to add own shaders. The shaders themselves will probably use one of the common shader languages. Even if its Apple‘s metal shader language (MSL) one could adapt the formulas and ideas of the WebGL/GLSL shaders of the online shader editors i mentioned

not possible yet, but they are considering it in a future version.

• If I will redirect the video to my 4k 65 inch TV will I have good resolution? Or will I see pixels? Anyone tried that?

• If it's possible to somehow render video to file, preferably with audio, then this is a no-brainer.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I hope I can manipulate the colors red and black into my vids 😉

Oh man, you can have red and black coming out of every orifice, all day and all of the night 🤣

• @israelite said:
    There are definitely not enough apps for visual DJing on iOS. Thanks @sinosoidal and Imaginando team for recognizing the niche. Obrigado!

The iOS app cannot currently send full screen out to a projector but that is very very likely to be added in the early updates, according to Imaginando.

• Perfect 😂

@Gavinski said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I hope I can manipulate the colors red and black into my vids 😉

Oh man, you can have red and black coming out of every orifice, all day and all of the night 🤣

• Can’t think of where I could make use of it at the moment but bought anyway to thank the team for their many and continuing updates to LK.

• @_ki said:
    I don‘t know if i can make it to the video premiere - but could someone ask if it‘s possible to write/add own shaders ? Which format are they ? Will Imagenando open up their API ?

THIS!!!!

• @Gavinski said:

@israelite said:
    There are definitely not enough apps for visual DJing on iOS. Thanks @sinosoidal and Imaginando team for recognizing the niche. Obrigado!

The iOS app cannot currently send full screen out to a projector but that is very very likely to be added in the early updates, according to Imaginando.

This seems like a very very critical feature. :wink:

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Gavinski said:

@israelite said:

This seems like a very very critical feature. :wink:

I fully agree and have expressed as such to Imaginando in the strongest possible terms

• Purchased. Blimey 😳

• Erm, trigger is none or midi. How do I choose audio when in AUM?

• @NimboStratus said:
    Erm, trigger is none or midi. How do I choose audio when in AUM?

You don't need to choose audio, when it is on none it will react whterh there is audio or not. But if you want audio modulation, that is a whole other story and you should rewatch tje relevant part of my vid

• Wil,do lots to learn, will rewatch several times I think 😜

• OMG this is amazing!