Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MU Moodunits

I have Moodunits installed (incl. IAPs) on my iPad and it starts standalone. But I cannot find it in the AUM list anymore. What‘s wrong?

Comments

• Have you tried restarting the iPad?

• @FordTimeLord said:
    Have you tried restarting the iPad?

This will most likely fix it

• I did a restart and a reinstall of the app.

In AUM I can only find various MoodUnits as an FX but not as an instrument.
    The same in apeMatrix and Audiobus.

• edited June 2021

I found out, that the app ‚moodunits‘ is called ‚MU Waverley’ in AUM.
    The app ‚Waverley‘ is called ‚Waverley XL‘ in AUM.

A little confusing but my problem is solved.
    Many thanks.

• edited June 2021

Hi @Iskander - I've only just seen this, glad you're sorted and sorry about the naming confusion! :blush:

I don't know if this helps, for anyone else reading this...

• MU Waverley - sample-based AU instrument included with the moodunits app
    • Waverley XL - separate app, and a single sample-based AU instrument (from virtual-analog synths), sort of an "extra large" version of MU Waverley
    • Waverley Tables - same idea as XL, but from wavetable synths

The mysterious case of the disappearing AUs really is quite something with the latest iOS... :neutral:

• @moodscaper said:
    Hi @Iskander - I've only just seen this, glad you're sorted and sorry about the naming confusion! :blush:

• Waverley XL - separate app, and a single sample-based AU instrument (from virtual-analog synths), sort of an "extra large" version of MU Waverley

The mysterious case of the disappearing AUs really is quite something with the latest iOS... :neutral:

Many thanks moodscaper! Everything is fine now.

• edited June 2021

@moodscaper said:

It might just be a matter of the apps not appearing next to each other when using them as AUv3. If you renamed “MU Waverly” to be just “Waverly” (or “Waverly MU”) it would solve the appearance of the apps in a user’s search.

• This is my logic, for what it's worth...

If / when I add new instruments to moodunits, they'll appear categorised in AUM with MU Waverley.

• @NeuM , you probably know but if, when selecting the apps, you Sort by Company then all of the MoodUnits apps will appear in a nice alphabetic list.

• @GeoTony said:
    @NeuM , you probably know but if, when selecting the apps, you Sort by Company then all of the MoodUnits apps will appear in a nice alphabetic list.

I guess GarageBand isn’t really used here by folks as much as I use it. In GB it does not sort by company. Just alphabetical by app name.