Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MRH159 Brown Sound by Nembrini Audio

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1567393984

Description:

Mrh159 Brown Sound Guitar Amplifier plugin modeled on a vintage Marshall Super Lead 1959* 100W which is arguably the most famous amp of all time. A Super Lead 100W at top two of 4 x 12 cabs is still for many players the definitive rock guitar rig.

In the Mrh159 Brown Sound Guitar Amplifier plugin there is the possibility to switch to a modded Marshall Super Lead 1959* for achieve the legendary BROWN SOUND.

With two channels, the Mrh159 Brown Sound Guitar Amplifier plugin gives you the tools to create your perfect tone. Channel one is voiced for a higher treble response and channel 2 for a normal response. Each channel has it’s own loudness option and two inputs.

Changes on the stock amplifier for achieve the legendary BROWN SOUND:

• Variac Variable Transformer to reduce the main voltage to 90V
  • EL34 tubes changed with 6CA7 Fat Bottle
  • Middle tone stack potentiometer changed to 50K ohm
  • Fat cap 25uF on V2 tube

The Mrh159 Brown Sound guitar amplifier plugin includes a complete recording chain emulation and our custom design noise gate circuit.

Works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 effect, or Inter-App Audio effect

Legal Disclaimer:

Marshall Super Lead 1959 is registered trademark of Marshall Amplification Ltd. Mrh159 was developed by Nembrini Audio SRL based on its own modeling techniques. Marshall Amplification Ltd has not endorsed nor sponsored the Mrh159 in any manner, nor licensed any intellectual property for use in this product.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on votes

Comments

• Bought. Done. I’m in

Thx as always @White

• Is the BROWN SOUND what I think it is?

• @ahallam said:
    Is the BROWN SOUND what I think it is?

Demos at the bottom of the page.

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/mrh159-brown-sound-guitar-amplifier

• Interesting.
    I could try this and do a demo for it.
    @NembriniAudio,would you send me a code for this one😉?

• @Sawiton said:

@ahallam said:

Oh, so it’s not the sound that makes you poop. Relieved 🥲

• edited June 2021

MRH159 is a great plugin. I got to test the first beta for a few days. The default Brown Sound preset is satisfyingly demonic, really rich and robust, but also clear and precise. The gain is really really smooth, not harsh or thin at all. It reminds me of a big 70s metal sound or 90s hard rock sound, rather than a shredding 80s sound which I find scooped and metallic. It’s a bit hard to describe, but it’s just a really full and thick sound that stays present. Whatever that brown sound is, I think Igor nailed it. The gain and bass response are both tight considering how thick the tone is. It actually reminds me a bit of a Super Bass head mixed in with a super lead.

My impression is that with the release of Voice DC30 and now the MRH159, Nembrini improved their technology a bit. Both amps are really rich and robust but the bass frequencies have been slightly tightened and improved. Previous releases have been mostly great of course, but something about the last two releases sounds even fuller and clearer. Perhaps the IRs have improved? I don’t know…

Important to note is that MRH159 is all about the mid to high gain monster sound, there is no clean channel and there aren’t any clean presets. This is a deliberate one trick pony release. This may seem disappointing to some since a Super Lead is supposedly versatile with good cleans, but the point of this plugin is the Brown Sound and for anyone looking for that explosive thick late 70s early 90s texture, it doesn’t get much better. That being said, there is actually a great clean sound living inside this plugin, it’s just not obvious at all.

With both channel inputs linked and both volumes at level 1, brown sound off, presence around level 8, there is a fantastic clean sound, better than many other plugins. Even if it’s not intended to be used this way, it sounds great which I attribute to the technology. Volumes at level 2 already sounds not clean, so level 1 is the clean spot, perhaps with output raised to 1 o’clock. It sounds best with Channels linked, because the darkness and brightness of each channel makes for a rich balanced clean.

MRH159 and MRH810 are quite different. 159 has more gain on tap, but also more presence and smoothness. 810 has a more arena rock crunch sound which reminds me of late 60s early 70s. 810 sounds a bit more distant and somehow hot and bothered, like the amp is breaking early all the time, but it does have a reverb circuit knob. 159 has a really tight symmetrical distortion that wallops across the whole frequency spectrum. I honestly never got an 80s vibe from either of these plugins. For me 810 is not really a jcm800 80s sound, it’s more like a fuzzy early 70s sound. 159 is all about late 70s demonic explosion, and perhaps a modern 90s heavy rock sound.

@flo26 I would love to hear you demo this!

Cheers!

• No one interested?

• Oh Im interested, just more tied up trying to make IOS behave on latest release with the crackling audio issues. I think I might just have to go back to Windows if I cannot solve the crackling audio on IOS , ruins the fun for me.

• @ahallam said:

@Sawiton said:

@ahallam said:

Oh, so it’s not the sound that makes you poop. Relieved 🥲

No, not the brown note! The "brown sound" is a Van Halen thing.

The MXR Phase 90 pedal gets involved too.

• Nice clip! that really captures this amp.

This is the first Nembrini amp where I did not hate the factory presets, each is a useful tone and good to start out with.

Lots of tones in this amp! For 5 minutes, until IOS glitches out. Apple is driving me away.

• Demo coming soon.

• @flo26 said:
    Demo coming soon.

Can’t wait... Merci Flo !

• @ChiffonDoux said:

@flo26 said:
    Demo coming soon.

Avec plaisir!

• @flo26 said:

@ChiffonDoux said:

@flo26 said:
    Demo coming soon.

Avec plaisir!

Would love to hear if some clean sounds can also be coaxed out of it. Hendrix and Pete Townshend got some great sounds out of the clean to just-starting-to-breakup range of the superlead that was great.

• I will try this for sure😉.