Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song: “Dog Days”

edited July 3 in Creations

Curious to see how the mix sounds to folks here. Please enjoy.

Also, don’t crank up your speakers too loud. The intro is soft but it quickly gets loud.

Recorded and mixed entirely on an iPad Pro.

℗ & © All rights reserved.

Comments

• @NeuM said:

Also, don’t crank up your speakers too loud. The intro is soft but it quickly gets loud.

I like this one. Really cool. I like the “Bonham shuffle” feel of the drums. Are these using the drums in GarageBand?

• edited June 13

@mjcouche said:

@NeuM said:

I like this one. Really cool. I like the “Bonham shuffle” feel of the drums. Are these using the drums in GarageBand?

Thanks! Yes, some of the drums in GB have far more sensitivity to finger tap velocity and really help get a shuffling rhythm going.

• Cool. Drums sounding good.

• @Franketti said:
    Cool. Drums sounding good.

Thanks!

• ooooh sexy bass with on the spot distortion/drive
    This one has a really good flow + variation. :love:

• @senhorlampada said:
    ooooh sexy bass with on the spot distortion/drive
    This one has a really good flow + variation. :love:

Thank you!

• There's a good "less is more" vibe here... It's a lesson I really need to absorb and put into
    practice. On to the 2nd posted song.

• Really nice man! I love that guitar sound!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Really nice man! I love that guitar sound!

Thanks, Edward… can I call you Ed?

• That’s good.👍

• @NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Of course! My closest friends call me EDRo or ‘Drō for short (roll the R)

What’s weird though, is everyone at work calls me ‘Eduardo’. Ed or anything that begins with Ed will work lol!

But enough about me. Let’s get back to this amazing piece of music you’ve created here! What did you use for the guitar sound? I see GB mentioned above; what other ingredients are we tasting here?

• Any chance we'll get a "Dog Nights"? For me, that cat's, owning the night, make more sense.
    "Cat's Night". You're call.

(No need to thank me for the bump.)

• @McD said:
    Any chance we'll get a "Dog Nights"? For me, that cat's, owning the night, make more sense.
    "Cat's Night". You're call.

(No need to thank me for the bump.)

I could do a trilogy, then we’d have “Three Dog Nights.” :D

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

What’s weird though, is everyone at work calls me ‘Eduardo’. Ed or anything that begins with Ed will work lol!

But enough about me. Let’s get back to this amazing piece of music you’ve created here! What did you use for the guitar sound? I see GB mentioned above; what other ingredients are we tasting here?

First of all, I do own a real guitar. However, I’m using the fantastic Steel Guitar app by Yonac. I just love it for it’s versatility.

• @NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

First of all, I do own a real guitar. However, I’m using the fantastic Steel Guitar app by Yonac. I just love it for it’s versatility.

Ah yes, Yonac’s Steel Guitar is pretty amazing!

• This is nice, the sound is so pure, love it!

• @NeuM said:

We keep begging Yonac to modify "Steel Guitar" to work from MIDI input. An MPE option would be great. It's just the perfect non-distorted electric guitar sound but the design
    forces you to use the interface to play sounds which makes sense for pedal steel "slide"
    chordal gestures but is really overly complicated for scale runs.

• edited June 19

@McD said:

@NeuM said:

We keep begging Yonac to modify "Steel Guitar" to work from MIDI input. An MPE option would be great. It's just the perfect non-distorted electric guitar sound but the design
    forces you to use the interface to play sounds which makes sense for pedal steel "slide"
    chordal gestures but is really overly complicated for scale runs.

Completely agree. There has to be a sweet spot in there somewhere for a guitar simulation which fits neatly between the fantastic strumming of Steel Guitar and the fast picking of GeoShred Pro. Maybe it would just be a matter of tapping on a screen view switcher for soloing. I’m not a UI expert. I just happen to know what works for me.

• edited June 19

@Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@NeuM said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Ah yes, Yonac’s Steel Guitar is pretty amazing!

Absolutely. I’ve been using it ever since it came out so many years ago and I’ve only found one half decent challenger in all that time. It was “Pearl Guitar”, which had a very realistic sound, right down to the string squeaks between chord changes. Unfortunately, that app got bought up by an app aggregator company and fell into complete neglect several generations back of iOS updates.

• @Bob said:
    This is nice, the sound is so pure, love it!

Thanks, Bob!