Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Phoenix by Shattered Glass Audio - Released

2»

Comments

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Really, really enjoying Phoenix so far, it’s absolute quality. Everybody grab it so the dev releases more of their plugins to ios

Thank you so much! We would, also, really appreciate if you could rate Phoenix on the app store.

@MadGav said:
    I don’t think @SGA will be willing to confirm or deny but there is such a thing as an Altec 1566a tube mic pre.

Altec 1566a tube mic pre definitively exists. :smiley: However, we can neither confirm nor deny that Phoenix has anything to do with said Altec 1566a. :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys I’d get a guitar one up for you but sadly my guitar is out of commission for the time being :(

• @BCKeys said:
    Is it a new plugin ? I’m suprised I can’t find any demo on YouTube..

If it’s possible @SGA ,I would like to hear some demos on pop/folk/rock/funk, vocals, real drums, bass guitar etc.

Most demos are made on electronic music, this is not an isolated problem (if we can call it a problem). I'm a little sad to find very few Youtubers who are interested in iPad music AND acoustic music at the same time.

Second this 👆I’m probably gonna get it anyway (hi I’m an appaholic). Whoever gets it first does a demo if there’s none by then, Ok?

• sounds good. purchased.

• @nerVe said:
    sounds good. purchased.

Thanks!

@tahiche said:

@BCKeys said:

If it’s possible @SGA ,I would like to hear some demos on pop/folk/rock/funk, vocals, real drums, bass guitar etc.

Most demos are made on electronic music, this is not an isolated problem (if we can call it a problem). I'm a little sad to find very few Youtubers who are interested in iPad music AND acoustic music at the same time.

Second this 👆I’m probably gonna get it anyway (hi I’m an appaholic). Whoever gets it first does a demo if there’s none by then, Ok?

Here is a quick demo of Phoenix on an electric guitar: From clean to distortion and back, transistors and tube. Whatever tickles your fancy.
    Guitar track is from Produce Like a Pro Good Lovin' multitrack session.
    TH-U is used exclusively for cabinet emulation.

• @SGA said:

@nerVe said:
    sounds good. purchased.

Thanks!

@tahiche said:

@BCKeys said:

Here is a quick demo of Phoenix on an electric guitar: From clean to distortion and back, transistors and tube. Whatever tickles your fancy.
    Guitar track is from Produce Like a Pro Good Lovin' multitrack session.
    TH-U is used exclusively for cabinet emulation.

Thanks! That transistor crunch is crunchy!.

• @BCKeys said:

If I had the courage and a better level of English I would start my own YouTube channel but I also think that it wouldn’t interest many people 😅

I’m only interested in demos that use the unison midi packs into the drip plug-in to make beats that are “cold.” Must also have Amazon acoustic foam on the wall and the correct LED neon lighting in order for me to watch.

• edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’ve had a good mess about with the desktop demo this morning and it has a really nice feel to it. Having messed about with, and listened to sounds made with valves/tubes to a slightly obsessive point almost exclusively for the last few months, it’s definitely got something really lovely and familiar sounding going on in there...

• @BCKeys I think you have taken it the wrong way. @mrufino1 was just cracking a joke about the types of demos you see online these days... 🙂

• I’m no expert in what sounds good or the technical side of what this thing does but I am also happy I bought this as a guitarist.

• @Krupa said:
    I’ve had a good mess about with the desktop demo this morning and it has a really nice feel to it. Having messed about with, and listened to sounds made with valves/tubes to a slightly obsessive point almost exclusively for the last few months, it’s definitely got something really lovely and familiar sounding going on in there...

Give transistors (JFETs) some love. They won't disappoint you.

• @SGA said:

@Krupa said:
    I’ve had a good mess about with the desktop demo this morning and it has a really nice feel to it. Having messed about with, and listened to sounds made with valves/tubes to a slightly obsessive point almost exclusively for the last few months, it’s definitely got something really lovely and familiar sounding going on in there...

Give transistors (JFETs) some love. They won't disappoint you.

I probably will at some point, they definitely look simpler to deal with 🤣 but I’m just putting together an art installation that uses valves both for sound generation, and a way for the piece to be linked to history of the locality it is being made in...

• edited June 2021

@BCKeys yes, I was making a joke. I like demos that show me real use of something. However, the EDM or hip hop producers with no musical knowledge or inclination produce tons of commercials that seem to pop up constantly. I can’t watch their videos.

I just re-read your post and realized English isn’t your primary language, which is probably why my joke wasn’t very clear. I did forget the emoji indicating I was joking!

As for shattered class audio, I have used their free console strip and it is really good. I assume the paid plugins are also very high quality.

• I'm liking this app, it's a nice alternative to Saturn if you want a different sound.

• Really digging the sound of the Phoenix, especially the “Clean Tube Warmth” preset (yeah, I never like to be a preset junkie but this one does the trick on a few things I’ve put it on so far) - just one small issue:

In NS2 when maximising the plug-in view, it doesn’t actually get any bigger than when minimised, I mean it doesn’t stretch to fit the screen real estate - no big deal but it wastes a bit of what small amount of extra screen space there is on IPhone!

• @KRPT said:
    In NS2 when maximising the plug-in view, it doesn’t actually get any bigger than when minimised, I mean it doesn’t stretch to fit the screen real estate - no big deal but it wastes a bit of what small amount of extra screen space there is on IPhone!

Phoenix keeps the aspect ratio when resized. You can see that in the guitar demo (demo where Phoenix is running in Cubasis 3) earlier in this thread. This prevents having a sparse, odd looking plugin. If this is not what you see, please, either attach a screenshot which shows the issue to your post or send us a support request by going to http://www.shatteredglassaudio.com/support-request and filling out the request form; You will have a chance to attach a screenshot after clicking the Submit button.

• How would you compare this to Nembrini DC30?

• Does this do anything Saturn won’t do? Which sounds better?

• @BCKeys said:

@gusgranite said:
    @BCKeys I think you have taken it the wrong way. @mrufino1 was just cracking a joke about the types of demos you see online these days... 🙂

@mrufino1 said:
    @BCKeys yes, I was making a joke. I like demos that show me real use of something. However, the EDM or hip hop producers with no musical knowledge or inclination produce tons of commercials that seem to pop up constantly. I can’t watch their videos.

I just re-read your post and realized English isn’t your primary language, which is probably why my joke wasn’t very clear. I did forget the emoji indicating I was joking!

As for shattered class audio, I have used their free console strip and it is really good. I assume the paid plugins are also very high quality.

😣 I feel like a real idiot...truly sorry. I'm still far from being bilingual, I regularly use translation to help me. And moreover we have the same point of view !

Well, I deleted my message.

If there's something I can do to make it up to you, I'll gladly do it!

Sorry again 😔

Ha! All good, no need to apologize. If that’s the worst that ever happens we are in great shape.

• Dang, price done doubled, oops shoulda woulda coulda…

• I used a Sonic Youth instrumental track to demonstrate it here: