Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just saw this machine learning/“AI”-based EQ software

edited June 2021 in General App Discussion

…on Dr. Mix’s YouTube channel. Anyone here try it out? It looks pretty interesting (just for desktop systems). I can imagine this type of capability will be coming to iPad pretty soon from someone since there are already mix evaluation software services for audio engineers online.

Note: I have no financial interest or other connection to this company, just saw the Dr. Mix video and found it interesting. Also, I’m 100% convinced this kind of very sophisticated software will soon migrate to nearly every DAW application since machine learning is finding its way into every aspect of design, photography, architecture, marketing, music, movies, etc.

https://www.sonible.com/smarteq3/

Comments

• These EQs make sense, and the idea is not new. See Wavesfactory Track Spacer or all the EQs that can make your material match a certain EQ curve.
    I wonder how they're using the "AI" or "machine learning" labels here but yes, it's an automatic process that can offload some work in the mixing and maybe even in the mastering process.

The toneboosters EQ on iOS already covers a lot of ground, a multitrack capable EQ analysis and matching function would be awesome though.
    What you can do today is adjust your desired EQ curve in TB EQ but instead of simply setting a fixed gain for each band, rather use the dynamic compressor available in each band which behaves in a similar way by boosting or attenuating that band to achieve a certain volume for each frequency range in your desired target EQ curve.

• i did try it, and i found it to be ok. I mean its actually pretty good, but i would only use it for subtractive eq-ing. i did not like boosting with it. I prefer izotopes neutron for a smart eq.

• @rs2000 said:
    These EQs make sense, and the idea is not new. See Wavesfactory Track Spacer or all the EQs that can make your material match a certain EQ curve.
    I wonder how they're using the "AI" or "machine learning" labels here but yes, it's an automatic process that can offload some work in the mixing and maybe even in the mastering process.

The toneboosters EQ on iOS already covers a lot of ground, a multitrack capable EQ analysis and matching function would be awesome though.
    What you can do today is adjust your desired EQ curve in TB EQ but instead of simply setting a fixed gain for each band, rather use the dynamic compressor available in each band which behaves in a similar way by boosting or attenuating that band to achieve a certain volume for each frequency range in your desired target EQ curve.

FF's EQs also have EQ matching

• @NeuM said:
    …on Dr. Mix’s YouTube channel. Anyone here try it out? It looks pretty interesting (just for desktop systems). I can imagine this type of capability will be coming to iPad pretty soon from someone since there are already mix evaluation software services for audio engineers online.

Note: I have no financial interest or other connection to this company, just saw the Dr. Mix video and found it interesting. Also, I’m 100% convinced this kind of very sophisticated software will soon migrate to nearly every DAW application since machine learning is finding its way into every aspect of design, photography, architecture, marketing, music, movies, etc.

I have tried this and own this but if you want to experience pure AI magic

Check out

Gulfoss by Soundtheory insane !!!

• edited June 2021

@hisdudeness said:

@NeuM said:

I have tried this and own this but if you want to experience pure AI magic

Check out

Gulfoss by Soundtheory insane !!!

Saw this guy talk about it before.

• Soothe 2 is another option

at about 17:00, he uses it on an acoustic guitar, and it really smoothes it out.

A cheaper option is Smooth Operator by Baby Audio

https://babyaud.io/smooth-operator-plugin

Smooth Operator is about 1/4th the price of Soothe, on sale now for $39.

And, finally, HorRNeT Plugins has several plugins that use AI, for gain or EQ.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/

The prices are good, most plugins offer a demo, and I think they make good quality stuff. It's not pretty, but it works. Their website, to me, is not a great layout.

• https://collective.focusrite.com/products/fast-equaliser - available as part of Focusrite's The Collective
    there is also a compressor, and Reveal which finds and filters competing frequencies between a main channel and a sidechain channel.
    All pretty nice plugins