Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone remember Skram?

That was a fun little groovebox -- really quick and cognitively easy to get interesting and unique sounds going. One of the best apps to give to a non/casual music user with basic sync and key settings set up and give them an intuitive canvas to jam with. I remember the young son of a singer I used to do electronic sounds and bass as a session player for used to kick out epic jams on Skram at soundcheck while I riffed on another device with ThumbJam.

I'd assumed it was gone from the app store but it was available to download from purchased apps. Might have to sample some bits and pieces out of it and see what happens.

Comments

• It was great. Still is. Brilliant design, a touch of irreverence in our serious little world.

• It's really cool. Yesterday I almost fired it up to try an example of minimal techno for another thread.
    I hovered my finger over Skram, Rhythm Studio but ended clicking on Pure Acid

• This track is not inspired at all. Was trying to recall how to do stuff on Skram :lol:
    I guess the best workflow would be host somewhere and record loops

• edited June 2021

@senhorlampada said:

This track is not inspired at all. Was trying to recall how to do stuff on Skram :lol:

Yeah I was going to get it going stand alone and record some bits into a pocket operator with the headphone jack.

Will give this track a listen in a few mins! Just listening to a guitar riff on loop right now that I came up with earlier and am still in the 'this is the best riff ever written' phase with.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Yeah I was going to get it going stand alone and record some bits into a pocket operator with the headphone jack.

Will give this track a listen in a few mins! Just listening to a guitar riff on loop right now that I came up with earlier and am still in the 'this is the best riff ever written' phase with.

:lol: This is the best phase. But I bet you're cooking something cool

Uhmmm recording into a PO? The 33, right?
    I don't have it, but it would be cool to record it into the SP-404, which I like to use it with stems coming from iOS

• @senhorlampada said:

@OscarSouth said:

:lol: This is the best phase. But I bet you're cooking something cool

Uhmmm recording into a PO? The 33, right?
    I don't have it, but it would be cool to record it into the SP-404, which I like to use it with stems coming from iOS

Yeah that's the one. Listening to you groove now. Nice sounds! I like how each Skram instrument has a distinctive voice.

• Thanks, mate! Gonna try something better later :lol:
    With a proper chord progression and whatnot.
    I was trying to deal with the two patterns only limit on the fly. It can give happy accidents and not-so-happy accidents too

If you decide to post something later, please share. Would love to listen what you're cooking

• I still have it. Haven’t used in a long time though.

• Would have loved to test it but it's not available anymore I'm afraid! (iOS 14 here)

• I want someone to recreate just the sequencer(s) @cem_olcay in skram

• @OscarSouth said:

@senhorlampada said:

This track is not inspired at all. Was trying to recall how to do stuff on Skram :lol:

Post the riff. I love self-confidence, and also guitar riffs. So I’d like to hear this

• @audiblevideo said:
    I want someone to recreate just the sequencer(s)

I don't have Lemur, so I don't know how it works
    But I would guess it's the same. And least, graphics-wise, they are alike :tongue:
    And the same dev

• @oat_phipps said:

@OscarSouth said:

@senhorlampada said:

Post the riff. I love self-confidence, and also guitar riffs. So I’d like to hear this

I shared a clip of the main bit as a reel earlier:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CP5oQAzqMfk/?utm_medium=copy_link

Found a lovely set of traditional lyrics to go with it too! I had it on the looper and was singing over it. I’ll definitely not be sharing that — I write vox for others to sing haha.