Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

30 FREE Presets for Waldorf Nave by Spidericemidas.

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    Wonderful. Thanks as always for sharing @Spidericemidas

You’re welcome, mate 🤓👍

• @xor said:
    Thank you @Spidericemidas really nice (sounding and of you). I didn’t need anything except nave running to install, just a few taps…

That’s good to know. Thanks!

• @reasOne said:
    These installed after just one nave crash, was painless

Thank you dude! These are rich and bringing life back to a dormant synth!

Nave has such good sound quality and a brilliant mod matrix. I’d love to see a Nave2 with even more parameters to route. More OSCs, ENVs and Filter routings would be awesome to start! 🤣

• @Soundscaper said:

@SNystrom said:
    Thanks so much @Spidericemidas!

My easy method to download the presets was to download the zip file, move it to AudioShare, unzip the file there and hit export/share — where Nave instantly showed-up as an option!

Easy Peasy…

6th Gen IPad running iOS 14.6

that did the trick! Many thanks.

Well worth the app wrangling for another set of Spider's most musical sounds ... really too good a synth to have been left neglected... quite wonderful.

Glad it’s working for everyone. Nave is one of the few classics on iOS. It’s good for smooth and glassy pads too, so maybe....😉

• @circledsquare said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas for the great patches! They sound beautiful and I am looking forward to studying how you programmed them!

Nave is not too complicated. Some good modulation options on board to bring patches to life.

• Stumbled into the Audioshare open method and very happy I did. Grateful for you and your abilties Sir Spider....

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Soundscaper said:

@SNystrom said:

My easy method to download the presets was to download the zip file, move it to AudioShare, unzip the file there and hit export/share — where Nave instantly showed-up as an option!

Easy Peasy…

Well worth the app wrangling for another set of Spider's most musical sounds ... really too good a synth to have been left neglected... quite wonderful.

I’m on 1st Gen Pro iOS13.1.3 and none of the import or extraction methods work for me. Nave simply won’t show up. Not that it matters for me as I don’t have to import them for myself, but I do always prefer to be able to test out that a bank exports/imports successfully before I drop it into the community for downloading. Just glad to hear that it’s working fine for everyone else so far. 😊

Did you try the Shortcut that Seonn posted? i am also on ios 13 and could not import butnthe shortcut he posted works.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Soundscaper said:

@SNystrom said:

Easy Peasy…

I’m on 1st Gen Pro iOS13.1.3 and none of the import or extraction methods work for me. Nave simply won’t show up. Not that it matters for me as I don’t have to import them for myself, but I do always prefer to be able to test out that a bank exports/imports successfully before I drop it into the community for downloading. Just glad to hear that it’s working fine for everyone else so far. 😊

Did you try the Shortcut that Seonn posted? i am also on ios 13 and could not import butnthe shortcut he posted works.

I did try it but didn’t know what on earth I was supposed to do with it after it opened at a mostly empty short cut setup screen. I has no clue about anything on iOS except synth programming. LOL. So I closed it again. Then when I come to open it up and try again, I get a persistent pop-up message now about something not being allowed due to security settings or something, and now it won’t go to the original screen which I saw on the first try.

Anyhoo...it’s absolutely fine and no problem as I don’t need to import the Nave bank for myself. It just means in the case of Nave I am relying on the various import methods working for everyone else, which seems to be happening, so that’s good. Very grateful for all the suggestions and methods posted by forum members on my Nave threads which seem to be helping other users in getting the bank installed. Nice one. 👍👍

• @Spidericemidas Thanks man! Really appreciated. I've got Animoog, Model 15 and Nave in very short period of time and are new to all of them. Exiting time, that I hope I will find, so I can explore :D

• @Pxlhg said:
    @Spidericemidas Thanks man! Really appreciated. I've got Animoog, Model 15 and Nave in very short period of time and are new to all of them. Exiting time, that I hope I will find, so I can explore :D

Hoo Boy! Those will keep you busy! Would love to hear your take on Nave but even more so on Model 15! That thing is a monster! 👍👍

• I downloaded these straight to the Files app, unzipped the bank there and shared it straight to Nave. Not sure why everyone is having problems, it’s not rocket science.

Great patches! I probably have some other Nave patches from users here a few years ago on a hard drive somewhere if anyone is interested. Let me know.

• @yowza said:
    I downloaded these straight to the Files app, unzipped the bank there and shared it straight to Nave. Not sure why everyone is having problems, it’s not rocket science.

Great patches! I probably have some other Nave patches from users here a few years ago on a hard drive somewhere if anyone is interested. Let me know.

Cheers! That’s good to know it didn’t give you any trouble. That’s how it should be.
    I’ve tried everything including the process you describe to test the import myself and Nave simply refuses to show up for sharing to.
    Which OS are you on?
    I’m on 13, and one other I know of here also had trouble getting Nave to show up for import on 13 until they set up some kind of shortcut on their iPad which I don’t really understand.
    So it seems like it might be something on 13 that doesn’t agree with Nave’s import process. Or maybe not? Who knows with iOS? Beats me! 😅😂

• edited June 2021

@Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:
    I downloaded these straight to the Files app, unzipped the bank there and shared it straight to Nave. Not sure why everyone is having problems, it’s not rocket science.

Cheers! That’s good to know it didn’t give you any trouble. That’s how it should be.
    I’ve tried everything including the process you describe to test the import myself and Nave simply refuses to show up for sharing to.
    Which OS are you on?
    I’m on 13, and one other I know of here also had trouble getting Nave to show up for import on 13 until they set up some kind of shortcut on their iPad which I don’t really understand.
    So it seems like it might be something on 13 that doesn’t agree with Nave’s import process. Or maybe not? Who knows with iOS? Beats me! 😅😂

I'm also on iOS 13, iPad Air 3 so I'm not sure what could be going on. When I clicked the link to download the bank it asked for my permission which I agreed to then it downloaded straight to the Downloads folder of Files.
    Edit: I shared the bank from the download folder and Nave showed up as an option to Open In and the bank copied straight to Nave. I didn't even look to see if there was a Nave folder in the Files app.

• @yowza said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:

Which OS are you on?

I'm also on iOS 13, iPad Air 3 so I'm not sure what could be going on. When I clicked the link to download the bank it asked for my permission which I agreed to then it downloaded straight to the Downloads folder of Files.
    Edit: I shared the bank from the download folder and Nave showed up as an option to Open In and the bank copied straight to Nave. I didn't even look to see if there was a Nave folder in the Files app.

Ok. That’s interesting and curious, and maybe where I’ve been going wrong on this one.
    The only way to export a bank from Nave initially for sharing is via an “Email Bank” option. So I emailed the bank to myself. I then created a folder called “Nave” in my files app and saved the emailed file in there. I then long pressed on the file there to “compress” which gave me a duplicate file as a “zip” file. I then posted the zip file here by browsing it from the “attach file” option above my comment window.

So, I was trying to import this zip file into Nave from a folder I created in my files app. But I see you mentioned you got it into your downloads folder and it shared to Nave from there. Would this really make the difference I’m experiencing? Nave shows up when “sharing to” from the downloads folder, but doesn’t show up when “sharing to” from a folder I created in my files app?

I’ll have to try saving the file to my downloads folder and testing it from there. Since we’re both on 13, I must be missing something obvious or silly....

• Sat up way too late exploring these patches of yours Spider ... your best sound set yet and I suspect you're just getting started with this utterly beautiful synth.

Wary of wavetables myself ... not my forte or weapon of choice ... seem to have very rigid individual character ... can always spot Serum in a mix. This one just shows what can be done.

Interesting what a long-awaited sale can achieve really ... suddenly the secret's out. Let's hope Nave gets a touch-up just to use modern workflows and capabilities. The core of it - that magnificent engine - really doesn't need any tinkering at all.

Hooked up to a superb set of ears like yours, Nave really is an outstanding bit of kit. .. right out on its own.

Many thanks again - for all of them - but this lot in particular.

• @yowza said:

As explained elsewhere there is an iOS 13 bug that is triggered by certain apps (as yet to be determined) being installed. It can affect a variety of file extensions. If one is unlucky enough to have an iPad on which it has been triggered, things don't work as they should.

@seonnthaproducer has written a shortcut that works around the issue.

• Try some of these banks using my import method. These banks were shared here on this forum back when Nave was a new thing and I assume it is still ok to share them. Please let me know if it's not ok. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r078ftfg8h0ano6/AAANHGLrI1iuUuujn_vMThkGa?dl=0

• @yowza said:
    Try some of these banks using my import method. These banks were shared here on this forum back when Nave was a new thing and I assume it is still ok to share them. Please let me know if it's not ok. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r078ftfg8h0ano6/AAANHGLrI1iuUuujn_vMThkGa?dl=0

Oh yeah. Some awesome presets among those! I got most of them back in the day when my Nave was behaving normally for imports. That would have been done on a much older OS. Now I’m on 13 it’s BUGgered up 🤦‍♂️ I dare not to delete any Nave banks now in order to test a re-import considering the no-show Nave is giving me at the moment.

I’m not really clued up on iOS operations, so I didn’t really understand what I was supposed to do after opening @seonnthaproducer ‘s shortcut link @espiegel123 sorry I’ll have to give it another go and see if I can figure out how to use it. I should’ve asked for more hand-holding sooner, but it’s embarrassing! 😅🙄

• @Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:
    Try some of these banks using my import method. These banks were shared here on this forum back when Nave was a new thing and I assume it is still ok to share them. Please let me know if it's not ok. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r078ftfg8h0ano6/AAANHGLrI1iuUuujn_vMThkGa?dl=0

Oh yeah. Some awesome presets among those! I got most of them back in the day when my Nave was behaving normally for imports. That would have been done on a much older OS. Now I’m on 13 it’s BUGgered up 🤦‍♂️ I dare not to delete any Nave banks now in order to test a re-import considering the no-show Nave is giving me at the moment.

I’m not really clued up on iOS operations, so I didn’t really understand what I was supposed to do after opening @seonnthaproducer ‘s shortcut link @espiegel123 sorry I’ll have to give it another go and see if I can figure out how to use it. I should’ve asked for more hand-holding sooner, but it’s embarrassing! 😅🙄

Did you install it already?

To install it, you need to go to Settings and enable the setting for allowing untrusted shortcuts.

After you install it, an item named Nave will be available in the Share Sheet when a file is selected.

• edited June 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:

To install it, you need to go to Settings and enable the setting for allowing untrusted shortcuts.

After you install it, an item named Nave will be available in the Share Sheet when a file is selected.

Something missing on my shortcut screen compared to yours....I don’t have the option to allow untrusted shortcuts.

• Thanks @yowza. These export from Dropbox no problem> @yowza said:

• Fantastic - thanks!

• edited June 2021

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:

Something missing on my shortcut screen compared to yours....I don’t have the option to allow untrusted shortcuts.

You need to make a shortcut for the first time. Or at least run one for the first time. Speaking of...that's a great idea for a video. Thanks for the inspiration, @espiegel123

• @Soundscaper said:
    Sat up way too late exploring these patches of yours Spider ... your best sound set yet and I suspect you're just getting started with this utterly beautiful synth.

Wary of wavetables myself ... not my forte or weapon of choice ... seem to have very rigid individual character ... can always spot Serum in a mix. This one just shows what can be done.

Interesting what a long-awaited sale can achieve really ... suddenly the secret's out. Let's hope Nave gets a touch-up just to use modern workflows and capabilities. The core of it - that magnificent engine - really doesn't need any tinkering at all.

Hooked up to a superb set of ears like yours, Nave really is an outstanding bit of kit. .. right out on its own.

Many thanks again - for all of them - but this lot in particular.

I wouldn’t mind having a go at making a bank of pads and atmos for it some time.
    Considering its age on iOS it’s amazing and impressive how good it sounds. Excluding the wavetable OSCs in it, even the basic sawtooth, triangle and square OSCs by themselves sound far better than their equivalents on most later iOS synths that I own. To my ears anyway.

Subtractive is my first love and first choice, but Wavetable is a very close second. It took a lot of self-control for a while to not pull the trigger on the Korg Wavestate when it was first released! 🤣🤤

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@yowza said:

It looks like you have to have run a shortcut before that option is enabled. Just run any shortcut...you can probably even cancel the shortcut you run.

• Great sounding presets! Thanks for creating and sharing them!😊

Wasn’t sure about to get this Synth because of it’s age and not beeing Auv3 but damn I’m glad i bought it!
    Installing the presets while Nave was open worked for me :)

• @Nathi94 said:
    Great sounding presets! Thanks for creating and sharing them!😊

Wasn’t sure about to get this Synth because of it’s age and not beeing Auv3 but damn I’m glad i bought it!

Thank you 😊
    You just bought it? Congrats on your purchase! It’s a beautiful thing with such a classy sound.
    There’s a ton of excellent banks for it.
    Since most users here are not having too much trouble getting this bank installed, I’m tempted to do another one for Pad sounds.
    An AUv3 update would be nice, but it’s still very useful as is and well worth owning. 👍

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Since most users here are not having too much trouble getting this bank installed, I’m tempted to do another one for Pad sounds.

Please do!

• edited June 2021

@Halftone said:
    Awesome! All spider presets are gold!! Can’t wait to try them out.

I’ve never had any luck tempo syncing Nave. Anyone have any luck? With AUM ? Or NanoStudio?

I just had a thought.
    If Nave is not compliant enough to sync its own arp directly to a host you’re working in, you could just switch off Nave’s arp and drive it from another arp/sequencer which does sync within the host. And in doing so, similarly if Nave’s internally clocked Delay fx does not respond to the incoming tempo, switch it off in the fx section and apply an external Delay unit in the chain which also syncs to the host.
    The beauty of all this stuff on iOS is that it’s so modular and customisable. Always a workaround available. 😃👍

• @Spidericemidas said:

@Nathi94 said:
    Great sounding presets! Thanks for creating and sharing them!😊

Thank you 😊
    You just bought it? Congrats on your purchase! It’s a beautiful thing with such a classy sound.
    There’s a ton of excellent banks for it.
    An AUv3 update would be nice, but it’s still very useful as is and well worth owning. 👍

Yeah i really digging both presets and the synth!
    So much interesting sound possibilities with this thing.
    Oh i guess a lot of people here would highly appreciate those pad sounds!😊