Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

30 FREE Presets for Waldorf Nave by Spidericemidas.

Here is a bank of 30 presets for Nave.
They’re presented as arps which gives a lot them a kind of Ozrics flavour, but you can always just switch off the arp and sequence or play them yourself.
Please do explore and experiment with combinations of positions of the onboard Mod Wheel and X-Y Pad for each preset as the assigned parameters will morph and change the initial sound quite drastically with interesting results in most cases.

I presented a test version of this bank on the forum recently as I was having trouble testing the import method myself and needed help to confirm if it would work.
For me, Nave simply refuses to show up in the share folder no matter which method I use. The very kind folks who tested it out and commented, seemed to get the bank imported without too much bother, and offered a few suggestions and solutions to getting the bank imported successfully. Please refer to that thread included below if you experience any import issues.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45460/how-to-import-a-nave-presets-bank/p1

The test bank found in the above thread only had 25 presets which were not named at the time. I’ve since made it up to 30 presets and they now have proper names. So the finalised bank is provided here for download. If you were one of the testers who already got the test bank, you might want to delete that bank now and install the finished version presented here with the additional presets (thank you guys again for helping to test the import methods, and for your comments and suggestions).

Comments

• Wonderful. Thanks as always for sharing @Spidericemidas

• I always love me some Spidericemidas patches. Thank you!

• Thanks so much @Spidericemidas!

My easy method to download the presets was to download the zip file, move it to AudioShare, unzip the file there and hit export/share — where Nave instantly showed-up as an option!

Easy Peasy…

6th Gen IPad running iOS 14.6

• Really wonderful. I chose to stick with the test batch btw. The anodyne names turn the sounds themselves more evocative.

• Yep, unzipping in Audioshare is a breeze. Thanks Spider!

• edited June 2021

Tried these out. Some of Spider’s best. IMO. The Nave engine doesn’t hurt, either. Really high energy on some of these. Great work! Look forward to getting at them in a track. And thanks for ARPing them. Just what I’ve been looking for. 👍👍🥳

• Thank you @Spidericemidas really nice (sounding and of you). I didn’t need anything except nave running to install, just a few taps…

• These installed after just one nave crash, was painless

Thank you dude! These are rich and bringing life back to a dormant synth!

• @SNystrom said:
    Thanks so much @Spidericemidas!

My easy method to download the presets was to download the zip file, move it to AudioShare, unzip the file there and hit export/share — where Nave instantly showed-up as an option!

Easy Peasy…

that did the trick! Many thanks.

Well worth the app wrangling for another set of Spider's most musical sounds ... really too good a synth to have been left neglected... quite wonderful.

• Awesome! All spider presets are gold!! Can’t wait to try them out.

I’ve never had any luck tempo syncing Nave. Anyone have any luck? With AUM ? Or NanoStudio?

• Suweeet! Thank you @Spidericemidas!

PS: are you the dude behind Syntorial?

• Thanks @Spidericemidas

Love all of your patches I've heard on multiple synths - how do you manage to get across so many different synths this well? From where I sit, that's genius level stuff

• @monch1962 I think you just answered your own question!😉

• @SNystrom said:

Easy Peasy…

Always happy with spidermidas presets. Thanks a lot for creativity and generosity.

Export/share only worked for me while Nave was open.

• Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I opened Nave before starting the above process. 🤓

Hope no one was unable to easily import Mr. Midas’ incredible presets due to my stupidity…

• Thanks spidericemidas! I’d forgotten how cool Nave is, the first ios synth app to make me take iPad music seriously

• @Spidericemidas you are a wonderful community member and a talented sound designer. Big love to ya! 🦞

• @Halftone said:
    Awesome! All spider presets are gold!! Can’t wait to try them out.

I’ve never had any luck tempo syncing Nave. Anyone have any luck? With AUM ? Or NanoStudio?

Oof! If Nave doesn’t sync to a host, that’ll be troublesome for those who want to use these in their default arp status. I’ve never tried it with Nave.
    But there is still a way to get arps in sync with something you’re making in a host such as Cubasis or Gadget if the source won’t sync normally, but it’s a really hands on, time consuming and delicate method and is quite limited. I’ve done it before for getting an arp from an external synth into Korg Gadget. I recorded a section of arp into audioshare and then imported it into Blocs Wave. I made sure the tempo of Blocs was the same as the tempo of the recording then used Blocs’ sample editor to shift the recording until it was playing in time with my project from Gadget playing in the background at the same time in the same tempo. Once happy with the syncing I then exported the adjusted recording in Blocs back into audioshare. From there I was able to import it into Gadget using either Zurich or by using audioshare’s snap to grid to evenly chop smaller portions for importing across a number of trigger pads in Bilbao to re-sequence the arp and put it back together, so to speak. It works, but it’s a helluva tedious workaround that demands a lot of patience. 😅 That was years ago. There might be better and more precise sample editors available now for using that method.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Tried these out. Some of Spider’s best. IMO. The Nave engine doesn’t hurt, either. Really high energy on some of these. Great work! Look forward to getting at them in a track. And thanks for ARPing them. Just what I’ve been looking for. 👍👍🥳

The sound of Nave is delicious. It’s one of those rare synths on iOS where the sounds always seem to stay crisp and clean and controlled all the way across the whole range of the keyboard.

I can’t resist an arp with a synced delay. Probably why I’m such a huge Ozrics fan! 😄

• Ooh, 5 extra presets. Thanks man :)
    @Spidericemidas

• @gusgranite said:
    @Spidericemidas you are a wonderful community member and a talented sound designer. Big love to ya! 🦞

Thank you very much! 🙏❤️

• @Obo said:
    Suweeet! Thank you @Spidericemidas!

PS: are you the dude behind Syntorial?

I’m not behind Syntorial itself but I did produce a huge soundbank for Joe to make available in Primer’s library.

• @ervin said:
    Ooh, 5 extra presets. Thanks man :)
    @Spidericemidas

Yeah a few more sneaked in at the last minute 😁

• @Tickletiger said:
    Thanks spidericemidas! I’d forgotten how cool Nave is, the first ios synth app to make me take iPad music seriously

It’s a classic 😎

• @monch1962 said:
    Thanks @Spidericemidas

Love all of your patches I've heard on multiple synths - how do you manage to get across so many different synths this well? From where I sit, that's genius level stuff

If you learn one decent synth well, you pretty much know them all. Then just note any individual extra features they offer and take as much advantage of those as possible. 🤓👍

• Thanks @Spidericemidas for the great patches! They sound beautiful and I am looking forward to studying how you programmed them!

• @Spidericemidas Thanks for sharing the presets!

I've recently begun re-digging into Nave (especially it's 4-track sequencer and wavetable generatoion) and just about the only 'bummer' for now is that Nave's 'Documents' folder is not visible in Files.app so I have to connect to my computer to dig out the recorded files...

While I had the iPad hooked to a computer I noticed I had a bunch of downloaded banks stored in there from D-Edge, HaQ, Rustik, Redskylullaby and a bunch of others :)

Cheers!

• @Soundscaper said:

@SNystrom said:

Easy Peasy…

that did the trick! Many thanks.

Well worth the app wrangling for another set of Spider's most musical sounds ... really too good a synth to have been left neglected... quite wonderful.

I’m on 1st Gen Pro iOS13.1.3 and none of the import or extraction methods work for me. Nave simply won’t show up. Not that it matters for me as I don’t have to import them for myself, but I do always prefer to be able to test out that a bank exports/imports successfully before I drop it into the community for downloading. Just glad to hear that it’s working fine for everyone else so far. 😊

• @Samu said:
    @Spidericemidas Thanks for sharing the presets!

I've recently begun re-digging into Nave (especially it's 4-track sequencer and wavetable generatoion) and just about the only 'bummer' for now is that Nave's 'Documents' folder is not visible in Files.app so I have to connect to my computer to dig out the recorded files...

While I had the iPad hooked to a computer I noticed I had a bunch of downloaded banks stored in there from D-Edge, HaQ, Rustik, Redskylullaby and a bunch of others :)

Cheers!

Yeah. I’ve got a lot of banks in my Nave from back in the days when it was still showing up fine in my share folder for imports. It’s a huge and wonderful resource of sounds.