Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minilogue xd & AUM

Has anyone been able to successfully sequence the Minilogue xd (over USB) via AUM or any iOS app? It shows up in AUM but I can't successfully send MIDI. Channel is setup (Ch. 1). I've made it work with other synths, so I don't THINK it's user error. The Korg Manual says you need a driver to use the USB, so this may not be possible.

Additionally, and I may have this backwards, but it almost looks like the MIDI setup is reversed on the MIDI routing diagram in AUM. Like, I want to send MIDI data to the MIDI IN, not the out, but that's not really an option?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Seems the image didn't go. Here's a direct link.

• edited June 2021

@LosNevels iOS only supports "Class Compliant" USB devices. If you need a driver to use the device on a computer, it's not likely to work in iOS. The confusion in your pic is likely an indication of that.

• edited June 2021

I sequence my Minologue XD module from IOS no problem. Not sure what issue you could be running in to. FWIW, you want to be sending midi to the 'sound' input. Try sending first from the Aum keyboard to make sure it's not an issue with Atom2 project settings.

Also, isn't the driver just used for the user oscillator and fx loading, done over usb?

• I don’t have the Minilogue XD, I have the Prologue and I sequence it from my IPad with no problem, I have a 4 port usb hub and I sequence it along with my other analog synths from my IPad Pro. I also use Fugue Machine with them.

• @LosNevels it should work, I also sequence the XD via an iPad with Aum without issues.
    Make sure your XD has the latest firmware, make sure that the midi channel for incoming midi is set correctly and make sure it's set to communicate via the usb midi.

P58 of the English manual:
    **Setting the MIDI channel
    In order to exchange data with a connected external MIDI device, you must set the minilogue xd’s MIDI channel to match the MIDI channel of the external MIDI device.
    Refer to “MIDI Ch” (p.45) to set the minilogue xd’s MIDI channel.

Configuring the MIDI “LOCAL” setting when connected to an external MIDI se-
    quencer or computer

The Echo Back setting of your external MIDI sequencer or computer system allows the MIDI notes and other messages being played by the minilogue xd to be instantly passed along to any other MIDI equipment, including synthesizers, tone generators. However, this same Echo Back function can cause the minilogue xd to double trigger: once when you play the note, and a second time
    as the external MIDI sequencer of computer system sends the note back to the minilogue xd. To prevent this from happening, you can simply turn off the “Local SW” (p.43) in GLOBAL EDIT mode on the minilogue xd.