Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Control VST With iPad

hello, I would like to use the iPad to drive vst on cubase, in Wi-Fi, what can I use to have the midi multi channel? In the sense rtpmidi is multichannel? or would only channel 1 play?

Comments

• You could make your own template for Cubase with TouchOSC.

• @dav30383 - To a Windows PC? What version?

It’s not going to work well With WiFi for anything needing good timing. What kind of control are you thinking of? Sending sequences of notes? Automation? Or just things like mixing.

• @wim said:
    @dav30383 - To a Windows PC? What version?

It’s not going to work well With WiFi for anything needing good timing. What kind of control are you thinking of? Sending sequences of notes? Automation? Or just things like mixing.

I would like to use Xequnce 2, to send the sequences of each single midi channel to each single midi channel in cubase and on each cubase channel a different vst, in order to compose on Xequnce but make the vst play

• Personally I'd just learn to use Cubase instead of controlling it with another sequencer...
    ...it's like asking for trouble...

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@dav30383 said:

@wim said:
    @dav30383 - To a Windows PC? What version?

I would like to use Xequnce 2, to send the sequences of each single midi channel to each single midi channel in cubase and on each cubase channel a different vst, in order to compose on Xequnce but make the vst play

You didn’t answer my other question. To a Windows PC? Which version?

Maybe it’s not worth answering though. Over WiFi it is going to suck for what you want to do unless you’re willing to put up with lousy timing and even lost and stuck notes.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

You would be far better off exporting the midi to a file, then importing to Cubase. Or, as @Samu says, just using Cubase. It can’t be so much worse that it’s worth the hassle of trying to work with midi over WiFi.

You could try the new StudioMux beta if MIDI over USB cable is acceptable.

• latency via WIFI (using RTP midi) is acceptable, but what is driving me crazy is that it only seems to play on MIDI channel 1 !!!!! For example, I open two "midi out" channels on FL Studio and assign them to one Midi Channel 1 and to the other Midi Channel 2, then from Korg Gadget, I open Taipei I put Network Sesssion Ch1 and I open another Taipei and I put CH2, but it doesn't separate the channels !!!! That is, when I play from the KOrg, both channel one and channel two play! Why is everything so strange about iOs, soon I take the iPad and I split it and go back to my beloved pc!

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@dav30383 said:
    latency via WIFI (using RTP midi) is acceptable, but what is driving me crazy is that it only seems to play on MIDI channel 1 !!!!! For example, I open two "midi out" channels on FL Studio and assign them to one Midi Channel 1 and to the other Midi Channel 2, then from Korg Gadget, I open Taipei I put Network Sesssion Ch1 and I open another Taipei and I put CH2, but it doesn't separate the channels !!!! That is, when I play from the KOrg, both channel one and channel two play! Why is everything so strange about iOs, soon I take the iPad and I split it and go back to my beloved pc!

I believe this is a problem with your rtpMidi or FL Studio configuration. I can verify that Gadget Taipei sends the midi out on the correct channels. Unless) you've configured the output (not input) channels on Taipei correctly. The output settings are right below the picture of the gadget, not down at the bottom below the mixer.

I'm pretty sure you're blaming iOS for something that is a configuration error, not a problem with iOS or Gadget.

I've verified that the channels are sent properly to my Mac. Since I'm such a terrific guy I'll bust out my (not) beloved PC and test with rtpMidi and FL Studio.

Do me a favor though and tag me by adding @wim to your post somewhere if you reply. Otherwise I might not notice that you've updated the thread.

• @dav30383 - midi channel is coming through fine to my Windows PC using rtpMidi. So far I've only checked the channel with midiOX midi monitor because FL Studio isn't installed at the moment due to lack of disk space.

I'll try to install it and test end-to-end, but I don't expect any problems. You must have a configuration problem somewhere.

• OK, I tested with FL Studio and I think the configuration there is your problem. By default FL Studio sends all midi to whatever instrument you have selected.

To lock instruments to channels in FL Studio you have to right-click the instrument in the channel rack, then select "Receive notes from" > (name of your network midi connection) > then the channel number. Once you do that, you'll see a lock icon on the track and it'll only accept on that channel.

FL Studio's inbound midi configuration has always been a bit odd. I'm glad to see that they at least have the ability to lock the channel. They didn't always have this.

• @dav30383 said:
    latency via WIFI (using RTP midi) is acceptable, but what is driving me crazy is that it only seems to play on MIDI channel 1 !!!!! For example, I open two "midi out" channels on FL Studio and assign them to one Midi Channel 1 and to the other Midi Channel 2, then from Korg Gadget, I open Taipei I put Network Sesssion Ch1 and I open another Taipei and I put CH2, but it doesn't separate the channels !!!! That is, when I play from the KOrg, both channel one and channel two play! Why is everything so strange about iOs, soon I take the iPad and I split it and go back to my beloved pc!

Are you using FL Studio on the iPad or on the PC? I'm trying to clarify your configuration, because your initial post mentioned cubase as the computer side of the connection.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

I can definitely confirm that MIDI channel is sent just fine across Network Session to rtpMIDI on the PC. FL Studio works if configured correctly. I don't have Cubase so I can't comment on how to configure it.

• thanks to all, I solved any kind of problem, I sold the iPad, it's not for me, better a nice PC, much more comfortable and performing and fewer problems