Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dawless demo with iPad Pro M1 - Multitrack Recorder Helium AUM - Loops and Timeline

edited June 2021 in App Tips and Tricks

Here is a small speechless video which illustrate how well MTR Helium AUM trio can work as a dawless setup. 4pockets loops (remote mode and loops snapshots) system is super powerful and here triggered via Xequence pads. 4pockets host mode allow to sync timelines via AUM secret weapon: just swipe AUM transport left and right and this will remotely moves cursors on MTR/Helium timelines all in sync πŸ˜ŽβœŒοΈπŸ‘ You have to switch between remote and host modes manually in both 4pockets apps: watch carefully I change buttons states around 1’25" and switch from remote to host modes.

Made on my new iPad Pro M1 11’, what a good device!!! 😍😍😍

Comments

• @Janosax said:
    Here is a small speechless video which illustrate how well MTR Helium AUM trio can work as a dawless setup. 4pockets loops (remote mode and loops snapshots) system is super powerful and here triggered via Xequence pads. 4pockets host mode allow to sync timelines via AUM secret weapon: just swipe AUM transport left and right and this will remotely moves cursors on MTR/Helium timelines all in sync πŸ˜ŽβœŒοΈπŸ‘ You have to switch between remote and host modes manually in both 4pockets apps: watch carefully I change buttons states around 1’25" and switch from remote to host modes.

Thanks.. hopefully 4 Pockets would bring it all together with an updated MidiMixer type app.. Snapshotting everything (States) in AUM..

• Interesting way of combining MIDI with audio and I like the use of the pads to control the play order.

• Awesome workflow... Thanks for sharing! :love:
    Really cool to see the cue moving together both in midi and audio.
    There DAWs that don't do that :lol:

@Janosax said:

I need a big device :tongue: My old iPad I gave to my nephew. So I only kept an iPad mini. Sometimes I struggle with the small screen and space for apps

• edited June 2021

Thanks you all πŸ™β€¦ exploring Helium song mode, very similar to BeatHawk song mode so that’s really interesting and follow AUM transport timeline. Multitrack Recorder could be automatable for a full sequence that way too, I mean
    via Helium. M1 is very powerful, I continued the song with much more elements and not a single crack at 64 buffers.

EDIT just made a test and it’s 8 Model D instances feeded by Rozeta Bassline without crackes at 64 buffers. Impressive.

EDIT 2 it was on internal speakers, 9 instances on USB-C to jack adapter, 48 kHz 64 buffers.