Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TouchOSC released! Create MIDI control surfaces, etc.

124»

Comments

  • @zah said:

    @Carnbot said:

    @echoopera said:
    Does anyone know of it already comes with some presets and or example setups?

    Or do we just import from the v1 of the app?

    It does come with some presets, not loads though.

    I just bought TouchOSC and I feel like a real dumb-ass.

    I open it, and it opens to the Editor.

    But I see no way to get at the few templates or presets that should be available. The manual is no help here. :(

    Can anyone help out? Thanks!

    You press the little three lined menu to the right, then press the little book icon.

  • zahzah
    edited November 2021

    @espiegel123 @Carnbot
    Thanks so much for your help!
    (I was thinking that the app would just open up like you see in the Appstore pics, and then you'd go to the editor from there.)
    It was still a bit confusing, as you still have to press the arrow key to load the template.

    Thanks again for your quick reply! Cheers :)

  • @zah said:
    @espiegel123 @Carnbot
    Thanks so much for your help!
    (I was thinking that the app would just open up like you see in the Appstore pics, and then you'd go to the editor from there.)
    It was still a bit confusing, as you still have to press the arrow key to load the template.

    Thanks again for your quick reply! Cheers :)

    If you haven't gone through the quick get-acquainted tutorial it is helpful. Sometimes one has to poke around a little if I recall correctly because the icons might not always appear on iOS in the same places as they do in the pictures in the tutorial.

  • I just wish there was a way to change the midi channel of all objects at once, seems like SUCH an obvious/important feature? If you download a complex template, it’ll take you a lifetime just to use a different midi channel

  • edited November 2021

    maybe there is a way to create a master MIDI channel for all objects - I haven’t tried the new version of TouchOSC yet, so I’m not sure. In Lemur it is possible.

    Another possible option could be to edit the project file in a text editor, and do a batch replacement of all ‘MIDI channel=‘ entries.

  • edited January 24

    Solved o:)

  • @youwe . You might be having trouble with the confusing naming of Virtual MIDI ports. They are generally named differently inside the app creating them and outside. Outside the app, the name is always the creating app name, for example TouchOsc. Inside the app, you would need to send to "Virtual MIDI Bridge", or some such name. If TouchOsc sends to Shuttle Control and Shuttle Control receives from TouchOsc, it will not work because each app is using a different port.

  • Can TouchOSC run in background now? If I understand the documentation, It seems it should be able to function as a converter from gamepad, keyboards, osc messages, to midi.

  • @Strigoi said:
    Can TouchOSC run in background now? If I understand the documentation, It seems it should be able to function as a converter from gamepad, keyboards, osc messages, to midi.

    From the manual - which I’m sure you saw given your comment
    I’d assume it runs in the background

    https://hexler.net/touchosc/manual/connections-gamepad

  • Does this run as a controller in a host as auv3?

  • @Ailerom said:
    Does this run as a controller in a host as auv3?

    No. It is a standalone app.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Does this run as a controller in a host as auv3?

    No. It is a standalone app.

    Thanks for the intell.

  • wimwim
    edited February 25

    @Ailerom said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Does this run as a controller in a host as auv3?

    No. It is a standalone app.

    Thanks for the intell.

    Loopy Pro AU can be used to make AUv3 control surfaces that cover some of TouchOSC's basic features.

  • @wim said:

    @Ailerom said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Does this run as a controller in a host as auv3?

    No. It is a standalone app.

    Thanks for the intell.

    Loopy Pro AU can be used to make AUv3 control surfaces that cover some of TouchOSC's basic features.

    Very interesting. I have loopy so will look that.

  • @Ailerom said:
    Very interesting. I have loopy so will look that.

    You don't even have to have any loops in a Loopy Pro session. There are Knobs, Sliders and buttons to work with, and each can be assigned to send as many MIDI messages as you need. It's pretty fun to work with once you get the idea.

  • @wim said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Very interesting. I have loopy so will look that.

    You don't even have to have any loops in a Loopy Pro session. There are Knobs, Sliders and buttons to work with, and each can be assigned to send as many MIDI messages as you need. It's pretty fun to work with once you get the idea.

    In the app store version, is midi sending working when Loopy Pro is an AU? I know that it used to work, but in a recent beta I had some problems. I don't know if that was particular to the beta or if it is true in the current app store version.

  • wimwim
    edited February 26

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @Ailerom said:
    Very interesting. I have loopy so will look that.

    You don't even have to have any loops in a Loopy Pro session. There are Knobs, Sliders and buttons to work with, and each can be assigned to send as many MIDI messages as you need. It's pretty fun to work with once you get the idea.

    In the app store version, is midi sending working when Loopy Pro is an AU? I know that it used to work, but in a recent beta I had some problems. I don't know if that was particular to the beta or if it is true in the current app store version.

    It still works with the App Store version.

    It still has the non-standard midi implementation where you there's no Loopy Pro source so that you send out to AUM, then pick up the output from AUM Destination though. I forgot to mention that above.

    Hopefully the current Beta breakage will be just a stop along the way toward making Loopy Pro AU more like other AUv3 midi implementations.

  • @audiblevideo said:

    @Strigoi said:
    Can TouchOSC run in background now? If I understand the documentation, It seems it should be able to function as a converter from gamepad, keyboards, osc messages, to midi.

    From the manual - which I’m sure you saw given your comment
    I’d assume it runs in the background

    https://hexler.net/touchosc/manual/connections-gamepad

    It would make all the sense that it runs in the background, but… https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47849/touchosc-can-it-not-run-in-the-background

  • Can I use it to control an app in Cubasis or is it only for external devices?

  • @Ailerom said:
    Can I use it to control an app in Cubasis or is it only for external devices?

    Yes, you can control anything that receive midi.

  • Pretty Neat what this guy does with Touch OSC and AUM way out of my league for construction but amazing to see what can be done.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Pretty Neat what this guy does with Touch OSC and AUM way out of my league for construction but amazing to see what can be done.

    Wow very nice. It would be nice to have a tutorial for this vid.

  • He uses a Mozaic script to quantize all the parts tied to the touchOSC components. It’s on patch storage I believe. Fun fact, he also stated he found a dab of crazy glue makes his fingers skate around like crazy

  • How are the animations made here?

  • @magnusovi said:
    How are the animations made here?

    I think it’s all in the script, on this YouTube video, he states he shares information via the TouchOSC discord.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Pretty Neat what this guy does with Touch OSC and AUM way out of my league for construction but amazing to see what can be done.

    Absolutely marvellous creations <3 the dedication and imagination astounds me.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Pretty Neat what this guy does with Touch OSC and AUM way out of my league for construction but amazing to see what can be done.

    Kind of a fun, single-purpose interface. I doubt it could be used to play much more than what he demonstrates in his video, but it has a touch of showbiz.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @magnusovi said:
    How are the animations made here?

    I think it’s all in the script, on this YouTube video, he states he shares information via the TouchOSC discord.

    @knewspeak said:

    @magnusovi said:
    How are the animations made here?

    I think it’s all in the script, on this YouTube video, he states he shares information via the TouchOSC discord.

    Cool, thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.