Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• @Jusch1995 said:

• Noise is only possible to an Osc? Or is there a way to use 2 osc and a noise osc in the same layer? (Same goes for sub osc)

• there is only one sort of noise? In SynthMaster one you can choose between different types ( I guess you can use the algorithms to filter it but no pink noise etc.)

For now yes there's only white noise, but using oscillator algorithms you can filter that inside the oscillator without using the filters: Use spectral algorithms: Lowpass, highpass, lowshelve, highshelve, etc.

• Do some of you know the „FM“ knob in Serum? How can I do it in SM2?

• I wonder also that there are no slope settings for the filter😢

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jusch1995 said:
    Edit: okay nevermind I found it you can use mod 1+ mod 2 as a source. Wow this is so cool. 2 Osc + Noise + sub on one layer 😍

With a single oscillator in Additive mode you can use 8 oscillators! you can mix waveforms, samples and noise.

Brilliant did not thought of that :)

• @DarkAum3o said:
    I wonder also that there are no slope settings for the filter😢

Think its an UI bug i had them once but now they dissapeared

• @Jusch1995 said:

@DarkAum3o said:

Think its an UI bug i had them once but now they dissapeared

Ahhhh...ok...that’s good!

• @ervin said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Jusch1995 said:
    Does anyone have random crackle noises? I’m on the new m1 iPad and it seems to crackle sometimes but it can’t be reproduced.

I get the crackles on my new iOS 14.5 M1 iPad 11. But the older iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 13.5 works fine.

I get crackles using the beta on Air 4, no crackles on Mini 5, both are on the latest iOS. By the way, the same is true for Synthmaster Player.

Yep same here.
    x2

• how do you route audio into synthmaster 2 in order to use vocoder?

• edited June 2021

@DarkAum3o said:
    Do some of you know the „FM“ knob in Serum? How can I do it in SM2?

set Osc PM input to one of the following inputs: Mod 1, Mod 2, Mod 1+Mod2, Mod 3, Mod 4 or Mod 3+Mod 4.

Then, modulate volume of the Mod(s) with envelopes/etc.

Additional info: You can actually connect mods to other mods and modulate their phases. You can even connect Mod1+Mod2 to Mod3 or Mod4. and a Mod can be connected to itself (self modulation). This way, you can create many Yamaha DX7 algorithms

• @DarkAum3o said:

That's a UI bug. will fix asap.

• @Gravitas said:

In regards to how it sounds?
    Some of the presets alone are inspirational and the sound is lovely.

Absolutely, some really nice sounds here!

@Connor said:

@kv331audio_bulent Is the plan to be universal for iPhone at launch?

Not in the short run. Developing for iPhone is not as feasible as it for iPad, return on investment is very low. so we'll do it when we have time.

Whack

• edited June 2021

Hi all, just submitted v0.9.7 to Apple for review. The download size is 704 MB. Hopefuly they should review it in 24-36 hours.

New Features in v0.9.7:

1. Added new factory content by NatLife and Yuli Yola. Beta testers could download this content by purchasing "Desktop Presets Upgrade" IAP. (FYI: Beta testers are not charged for testing IAPs)
    2. Added new IAP which includes all 32 SynthMaster expansions as a bundle (FYI: Beta testers are not charged for testing IAPs)
    3. Added separate product group SynthMaster Player to separate all Player products in there

Bug Fixes in v0.9.7:

1. Layer FX Send parameters are incorrect in some skins/layouts
    2. Layer FX Sends are not working correctly in SynthMaster engine
    3. Voices termination algorithm is not working correctly for some presets
    4. SynthMaster crashes when arpeggiator generates notes lower than MIDI Note 0
    5. SynthMaster crashes when user taps the "Register" button multiple times
    6. Deleting a preset and trying to rename it afterwards crashes SynthMaster
    7. Switcing from basic/additive/vector types to wavetable types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster
    8. Switcing from wavetable type to basic/additive/vector types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster
    9. Register button on Settings dialog is not functional
    10. Restore IAP button on KV331 Audio Shop page is not functional
    11. Tempo textbox is not visible/functional
    12. When user taps on the drive curve view to edit a point, the point jumps up/down abruptly
    13. Filter keytracking knob is incorrectly assigned to filter type
    14. When filter type is changed, filters parameters should change according to filter type
  • MPE support would be wonderful. It's an incredible sounding synth but MPE would add an extra dimension.

• @kv331audio_bulent : will there be/is there a way to remove user-imported wavetables and samples in the new synth?

is there a way to do so (remove user wavetables) in Synthmaster One that I've overlooked?

• Is that a beta tester release or a public release to Apple for review?
    Keen port all my desktop presets over to iOS :-)

• @soundtemple This is a beta release. Such an amazing synth, I understand your excitement :)

• @Richtowns said:
    @soundtemple This is a beta release. Such an amazing synth, I understand your excitement :)

I played around with it the whole weekend, amazing doesn't do it justice. I think this will be the goto synth if you want something really deep on iOS.

Hi all, just submitted v0.9.7 to Apple for review. The download size is 704 MB. Hopefuly they should review it in 24-36 hours.

New Features in v0.9.7:

1. Added new factory content by NatLife and Yuli Yola. Beta testers could download this content by purchasing "Desktop Presets Upgrade" IAP. (FYI: Beta testers are not charged for testing IAPs)
    2. Added new IAP which includes all 32 SynthMaster expansions as a bundle (FYI: Beta testers are not charged for testing IAPs)
    3. Added separate product group SynthMaster Player to separate all Player products in there

Bug Fixes in v0.9.7:

7. Switcing from basic/additive/vector types to wavetable types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster
    8. Switcing from wavetable type to basic/additive/vector types for oscillators might crash SynthMaster
    12. When user taps on the drive curve view to edit a point, the point jumps up/down abruptly
    14. When filter type is changed, filters parameters should change according to filter type

Hi Bulent,

700MB is… quite large for a synth plug-in. I suspect many potential users with limited storage would be grateful for a slim download where content could be added as an optional download.

More generally this synth looks like it will be a powerhouse workhorse!

• @espiegel123 said:
    @kv331audio_bulent : will there be/is there a way to remove user-imported wavetables and samples in the new synth?

is there a way to do so (remove user wavetables) in Synthmaster One that I've overlooked?

That's not possible yet, but I'll try to come up with a new popup dialog to manage/edit existing content.

• edited June 2021

@monch1962 said:
    MPE support would be wonderful. It's an incredible sounding synth but MPE would add an extra dimension.

Why did you assume that SynthMaster does not support MPE? It does! :D Go to settings, set Global/Preset Midi Channel to MPE, Pitch Bend range to 48. You can also map CC74 (generated by MPE controllers) to CC1 under "Audio & MIDI I/O". SynthMaster also supports MPE Global Channel, Channel 1 messages are used for that. Channels 2-11 are used for MPE voice messages. In MPE mode, all Mono presets are Mono per MIDI Channel. So essentially they're poly.

• edited June 2021

I played around with it the whole weekend, amazing doesn't do it justice. I think this will be the goto synth if you want something really deep on iOS.

Yes, featurewise it is equal to the desktop version, with only one exception: Polyphony is limited to 16 voices per layer. (this was the same limitation for SynthMaster One iOS as well but 16 is well enough).

@monch1962 said:
    MPE support would be wonderful. It's an incredible sounding synth but MPE would add an extra dimension.

Why did you assume that SynthMaster does not support MPE? It does! :D Go to settings, set Global/Preset Midi Channel to MPE, Pitch Bend range to 48. You can also map CC74 (generated by MPE controllers) to CC1 under "Audio & MIDI I/O". SynthMaster also supports MPE Global Channel, Channel 1 messages are used for that. Channels 2-11 are used for MPE voice messages. In MPE mode, all Mono presets are Mono per MIDI Channel. So essentially they're poly.

Ah ok thanks. When I go to "Show Settings>Audio Engine" and click on "MIDI Channel>Global", I can see the options from "Preset" down to "Omni", and that seems to be it on my 2018 iPad. Sure enough though, that list scrolls down to show "MPE" and a few other options - it just doesn't look like a scroll bar on my iPad...

Yes, featurewise it is equal to the desktop version, with only one exception: Polyphony is limited to 16 voices per layer. (this was the same limitation for SynthMaster One iOS as well but 16 is well enough).

I spot two more differences:

1. Make wavetables out of waveforms

2. reorder effects without deleting them

But those are minor things. This beast is absolutely insane and ahead of anything on the platform.

Unfortunately the filters are still Buggy (slopes and keytracking) on some filters on 12.9. But on other filters they work perfect now.

Also the delay and Filterbank have an Ui bug on the global Fx Page on my device.

New Features in v0.9.7:

Bug Fixes in v0.9.7:

Arrived, the IAP update process is smooth, too, it looks and plays well, thank you. (Still crackles on Air 4, but that's the iPad issue.)

One minor note: "Yuli Yolo" is spelled incorrectly in all the descriptions, including your comment above, but it's correct in the preset browser where it counts, so no biggie. :)

I submitted a bug that I had troubles downloading the IAPs, you can ignore that, I somehow didn't have the newest version. I had to manually update through Testflight, then it worked.

So there is a total of just over 4.000 presets in the app with the big bundle and the desktop presets. That's borderline insane :D

• edited June 2021

The newest build crushes on startup. Anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps I should reinstall.

edit: fresh install solved the issue.

• @israelite said:
    The newest build crushes on startup. Anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps I should reinstall.

edit: fresh install solved the issue.

I'm analyzing the crash logs. Hopefuly those will be fixed in the next build.

• edited June 2021

@kv331audio_bulent There seems to be some issues with cloud sync. At least, It’s not working fully for me.

Sync presets via the cloud works from the latest desktop version (running on windows) to the iOS version but not the other way round.

If I sync the desktop version, it finds iOS presets and downloads them (it shows, them downloading in the status window and they show up in the preset folder as patchname.smpr) but they don’t show up in the preset browser.

Anyone else experienced this?

• @MichaelRocketship said:
    @kv331audio_bulent There seems to be some issues with cloud sync. At least, It’s not working fully for me.

Sync presets via the cloud works from the latest desktop version (running on windows) to the iOS version but not the other way round.

If I sync the desktop version, it finds iOS presets and downloads them (it shows, them downloading in the status window and they show up in the preset folder as patchname.smpr) but they don’t show up in the preset browser.

Anyone else experienced this?

I think I know the reason for that. Since we haven't updated the desktop version yet, it has a lower version compared to iOS right now. and because of that version difference, presets with higher versions don't show up on the preset browser. This will be resolved when we update the desktop version as well.