Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I| OT |I what ya smoking? Is it good?

Comments

• @SpartanClownTide said:
    Gave up smoking anything a few years ago. Had a nasty tobacco habit and always mixed. Recently discovered the Dynavap though and it's a lovely thing, find I'm way more disciplined with it.

Love my Omni! Dynavap is the real deal. and you vape less because rips are more condensed.

Gave up smoking anything a few years ago. Had a nasty tobacco habit and always mixed. Recently discovered the Dynavap though and it's a lovely thing, find I'm way more disciplined with it.

I own like 20 Dynavap, lol. Love them. My main way to vape herb right now. I’ve got all the toys haha.

• @Halftone said:

@ashh said:

@Halftone said:

@Bietfriek said:
    From the Netherlands, after 20+ years I quitted smoking in March 2020. Was smoking multiple joints daily, mostly Moroccan hasj, Afghan or ice-o-later. Sometimes a bit of weed but that made me even more lazy 😉 I’m not negative against the use but only want to smoke again on special occasions and high quality.

How did you quit? Just stop cold turkey? Or was there anything you did to help stop???
    I’ve been wanting to quit recently - or at least take a break for a few months - and I just keep failing. I’ve been an all day weed smoker for almost 30 years now. When I stop I get extreme insomnia, feel highly anxious, deeply depressed, and experience mild flu like symptoms for the first several days. It’s just weed, but I always feel like a heroin junkie needing a fix whenever I’ve quit for more than about 24 hours. I always breakdown & end up getting more - it’s legal here and easily found - there’s about 5 dispensary’s within 5 blocks from my place.

You need a plan. A taper plan. Also, don't try to do it alone. Have you spoken to the dispensarys about your issues with weed? Or your friends and family?

I’ve read about the tapering plan - tried it but I have no willpower... If I have weed on hand I’ll just smoke it. I usually don’t buy from dispensary, I have a few home delivery services I use - it’s better weed and cheaper. My wife would be quitting along with me. She smokes the same as I do. I’ve read about a drug called Baclofen that’s had some initial success in a trial treating marijuana addiction - I’m half thinking about asking my doc for a couple weeks prescription for that to help.

I always found the habit forming part for me was with smoking or vaping. The instant rush/transformative part, so seductive! By using tinctures I get a much slower onset and even though I can go into orbit if I like I still never crave it after. Plus with tinctures I can get a really exact repeatable dose which helps a ton for utility. No need to get ripped every time which is far too easy with smoke/vape.

• @sbcfx @ruggedsmooth Humbly sporting a 2021M, piggy bank's saying iPad Pro, some ways off 🤣

• Guess I’m lucky, mostly hash, mainly Moroccan, but many types of hash since 1972, unfortunately due to Covid, it’s now mostly hybrid hash. To much THC for me, but you can always micro dose!of course over the years I’ve had plenty of organic grass. No time for un-organic light grown weed! The balance between THC and CBD is weighted to much in favour of THC. Your mileage may varying accordingly!

@sbcfx @ruggedsmooth Humbly sporting a 2021M, piggy bank's saying iPad Pro, some ways off 🤣

Nice!
    I’ve got every M version, never used I give one away to a friend every year.
    I have the original glass Dynavap still intact
    Recently got the 2021 omni and the new SimRell MVS
    I like the SimRell stems the best with the inner cooler vortex. Also have a few induction heaters.
    The Dynavap company has kind lost its ways with all the success they had. But I love all the old products and the owner George is a really good guy, he has reached out to me a few times personally.

Apps, vapes and vinyl records always keep me broke, lol

I hear you I’m trying to save for a new iPad Pro too, need to stay off the internet. Too easy to buy stuff

• Recomend this object highly. No iOS app however yet :(

• edited June 2021

Wow, they just keep getting more expensive over the years.

Always had good luck with the Arizer brand if you want to go the bag route. Not quite as set and forget as the volcano, but 1/4 the price too. Would love to have a volcano someday but the wife doesn’t want a tabletop vape out in the house, even my studio.

Do you have to clean them often, and is it hard? I love how simple my little Pax is to clean.

• edited June 2021

@Tarekith said:
    Wow, they just keep getting more expensive over the years.

Always had good luck with the Arizer brand if you want to go the bag route. Not quite as set and forget as the volcano, but 1/4 the price too. Would love to have a volcano someday but the wife doesn’t want a tabletop vape out in the house, even my studio.

Do you have to clean them often, and is it hard? I love how simple my little Pax is to clean.

They are the epitome of German engineering :) Very easy in every respect. And very gentle. Mrs. Goodyear is delicate in these matters and this delivery system is perfect. I hate to sound like some arse of a sommelier but the ability to taste precisely what you're indulging in is excellent with this object. Of course, I am also eating a lot more pie than I used to....

• I used volcanos quite a bit in Amsterdam over the years, just never owned one. Good to hear they are easy to maintain, that makes a difference. Thanks!

• @Halftone ive been there. i smoked for 20+ years and started developing an extremely unhealthy relationship with weed. I had physical withdrawal as well, its NOT FUN. If you really want to quit, commit to it.

book a vacation somewhere far far away, deep in nature, preferably the desert, or the mountains. away from all pot shops. book it for a week, even just camping if you cant afford a place. go on crazy hikes, wear your body down to the point of exhaustion. eat super clean and meditate, do yoga, and connect with nature. maybe take some shrooms if you have access to them and set an intention for the trip. understand your relationship with weed and let go of it.

if you are concerned about insomnia, try melatonin or herbal remedies such as kava, valerian etc..

throw away all your weed stuff, bongs, pipes, papers, whatever.. throw it all out, you dont need it anymore.

I know this is extreme, but if you go into it with the right mindset, it will work. you will come back from your trip a new person, maybe eventually you can smoke again and develop a healthy relationship with the plant, but i would stay away for a long time after this. my inbox is open if you need some more pointers or encouragement.

• As mentioned earlier I smoked for 20+ years, I took my first hit when I was 14 years old and it was out of curiosity. Back then the weed was “lighter”. I know that it became stronger and stronger in the recent years but that strong stuff definitely isn’t for daily use. No laidback feeling anymore but just sitting or lying and completely spacing out. Turning into yourself, no productivity and with bad luck also some paranoia thoughts. That could be fun incidentally but not daily. Cannabis brought me a lot of wisdom but took over my life/daily routine. Smoked all kinds of hasj and weed….when it could be smoked, I smoked it.

I personally don’t believe in a higher force that could have helped me but I did believe in myself. Looking critically to myself I began to search for my weakness and triggers. I know that I’m sensitive to addiction, especially with cannabis products.
    But in fact: nobody is born with THC in his blood, so why did I need it so bad? I know that sunshine, the smell and dub/reggae functions as a trigger. Even certain movies and the routine of rolling a joint/spliff is something that I miss with times.

Although the story goes that cannabis isn’t physical addictive, it IS emotionally addictive. I removed everything I had that was cannabis related: the stuff itself, the papers, grinders, pipes, ashtray, cones, tips, lighters from the coffeeshop etc.etc. I even removed my King Tubby playlist on iTunes 😂 It was normal for me to visit the coffeeshop daily, sometimes even twice. I still made the walk but didn’t go inside, convincing myself I could do it.

After quitting I began to dream the weirdest dreams, it wasn’t always pleasant because I wasn’t used to it. First days a bit gnarly and that craving feeling in certain situation. From what I’ve heard these are pretty normal side effects. Because I was motivated I resisted. Knowing that after a few months the THC would be out of my system I focused on that moment. That moment how I would feel without any THC in my body, I wanted to experience that since it was 20+ years ago. That all together helped me and now I’m “clean” for 16 months. I still have my triggers and once in a while I find it difficult…when on a sunny day I see some people lying on the grass, smoking some weed or hasj and listening to reggae…maybe one? Those are my triggers so I quickly walk by. Now isn’t the moment…I’m not negative about the use of cannabis and can’t promise I will never use it again. BUT IF I smoke again it really has to be a special moment with really special (read natural) hasj or weed. No f@&#& up stuff that makes me total paranoia. It would be incidental and definitely not chronically.

• @Bietfriek awesome! congrats on your success. it can be a hard journey. I too had WILD dreams after quitting.

• edited June 2021

@Tarekith said:
    I don't think I've ever even seen hash in the US yet.

It’s around. It’s not as popular as in Europe but is at the dispensaries.

• edited June 2021

@shinyisshiny said:
    @Bietfriek awesome! congrats on your success. it can be a hard journey. I too had WILD dreams after quitting.

For years I didn’t saw it as an addiction, it was a part of me. When I wasn’t at work I was high/stoned, always under influence. A lot of people around me haven’t seen my sober for years (or I was under influence and they didn’t notice it). Wherever I did go, I ALWAYS had something on me, if I didn’t had the time opportunity to roll at the spot I carried some cones with my own pre-rolled joints/spliffs/reefer/blunts. Before leaving the country I always smoked before I passed the customs (in the Netherlands that isn’t an issue as long as you got nothing on you). But I also got a lot of (in reflection) funny anekdotes 😂 I won’t mention exact places…it’s still the internet 😉

1. Just before I stepped in line for border control at a North African airport (entering the country) I discovered that I’ve had some hasj on me. It wasn’t intentional, just forgot that I had it in a jacket pocket when I was wearing that on a festival. Luckily for me there was a toilet so I could flush it.
    2. When I went to the U.K. for a few days, before and after the flight we stayed at a hotel. Upon return, I didn’t had the time to visit a coffeeshop. What I did: pre-rolled some, put it in a cone and sealed it, buried the cone in the garden of the hotel. When we came back from the U.K. we made a walk through the garden (that I made the garden of Eden haha)…..
    3. Upon arrival in the hotel of an Eastern European country I discovered another piece of hasj in my shoe. Again not intentional, I myself didn’t even knew it…knowing that I passed some dogs at that Airport I felt quite lucky.
    4. We left Colorado and drove into Wyoming, I myself smoked the last bit since by that time it was illegal in Wyoming. I had and my girlfriend was driving. When we arrived at a touristic hotspot in a certain town (an old prison 😉). The guy behind the counter asked us “if we were brave” referring to the prison…He also proudly told us he was the x’th sherrif of that place…boy I was stoned as hell at that moment.

These are a just a few moments…but I did some very serious stupid stuff (intentionally and not intentionally) that could have got me in serious trouble. All driven by the addiction…

• edited June 2021

@Littlewoodg said:

@Halftone said:

@ashh said:

@Halftone said:

@Bietfriek said:
    From the Netherlands, after 20+ years I quitted smoking in March 2020. Was smoking multiple joints daily, mostly Moroccan hasj, Afghan or ice-o-later. Sometimes a bit of weed but that made me even more lazy 😉 I’m not negative against the use but only want to smoke again on special occasions and high quality.

How did you quit? Just stop cold turkey? Or was there anything you did to help stop???
    I’ve been wanting to quit recently - or at least take a break for a few months - and I just keep failing. I’ve been an all day weed smoker for almost 30 years now. When I stop I get extreme insomnia, feel highly anxious, deeply depressed, and experience mild flu like symptoms for the first several days. It’s just weed, but I always feel like a heroin junkie needing a fix whenever I’ve quit for more than about 24 hours. I always breakdown & end up getting more - it’s legal here and easily found - there’s about 5 dispensary’s within 5 blocks from my place.

You need a plan. A taper plan. Also, don't try to do it alone. Have you spoken to the dispensarys about your issues with weed? Or your friends and family?

I’ve read about the tapering plan - tried it but I have no willpower... If I have weed on hand I’ll just smoke it. I usually don’t buy from dispensary, I have a few home delivery services I use - it’s better weed and cheaper. My wife would be quitting along with me. She smokes the same as I do. I’ve read about a drug called Baclofen that’s had some initial success in a trial treating marijuana addiction - I’m half thinking about asking my doc for a couple weeks prescription for that to help.

There’s a 12 step for weed, called MA. Its a route to getting help from a higher power (doesn’t have to be an Abrahamic god). Its a program that works for many.

There are any number of therapeutic pathways one could take, it’s usually best to get a personalized combination of different treatments recommend by doctors based on your condition and situation. There’s inpatient, outpatient, psychologist, psychiatrist, Social Workers, NA, Cognative Behavioral Therapy, medication, etc… I’d recommend talking to a doctor, whether that’s your primary care physician to refer you to someone or you just go straight to a psychologist/psychiatrist in your insurance network to see what they recommend. There’s also the possibility of underlying conditions (medical or mental health issues) to possibly consider. Another good idea is to get a couple opinions, get it from someone you trust/knows you, or at least try a few different therapists out to see who might be the best fit for you. These people are trained and frequently deal with this type of stuff, so my advice would be to seek some medical advice. Hope this helps, Good luck.

• That said Black Afghan.

• yeap 😎

• Take a pick through a magnifying glass or a jewelers loop. You can get some interesting results.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Take a pick through a magnifying glass or a jewelers loop. You can get some interesting results.

💎

• edited June 2021

I’m a big dabber and tincture user. I love edibles too.
    Big time stoner here lol

• @Halftone said:

@ashh said:

@Halftone said:

@Bietfriek said:

Yeah, Baclofen might help but, imo, quitting with a partner is twice as hard unless one of you has a rock solid wish to stop. If you take Baclofen when you're not ready to stop then Baclofen can't help you.

What do you think is stopping you from stopping? Forget about availability for a second. Not that that isn't a factor but it will always be available, whether you stop or not. There will be plenty of people around you, that you don't know, who have stopped and have stayed stopped. That's what is good about self-help groups like NA or whatever. I recommend SMART but that might not be so prevalent in your country. Self-help groups have a lot of problems but it can help to meet others in a similar situation, get away from your partner and chat about your stuff as it relates to your issues with weed.

• I like to eat a D8 gummy in the evenings. I prefer it to regular weed, but am concerned about the chemicals.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @Halftone ive been there. i smoked for 20+ years and started developing an extremely unhealthy relationship with weed. I had physical withdrawal as well, its NOT FUN. If you really want to quit, commit to it.

book a vacation somewhere far far away, deep in nature, preferably the desert, or the mountains. away from all pot shops. book it for a week, even just camping if you cant afford a place. go on crazy hikes, wear your body down to the point of exhaustion. eat super clean and meditate, do yoga, and connect with nature. maybe take some shrooms if you have access to them and set an intention for the trip. understand your relationship with weed and let go of it.

if you are concerned about insomnia, try melatonin or herbal remedies such as kava, valerian etc..

throw away all your weed stuff, bongs, pipes, papers, whatever.. throw it all out, you dont need it anymore.

I know this is extreme, but if you go into it with the right mindset, it will work. you will come back from your trip a new person, maybe eventually you can smoke again and develop a healthy relationship with the plant, but i would stay away for a long time after this. my inbox is open if you need some more pointers or encouragement.

thanks man! wel'll see how it goes.

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@dafrimpster said:
    It is legal here in Illinois. Northern Lights. A classic.

Ooh what area in Illinois? I haven’t seen any northern lights over in the metro St. Louis dispensaries in Collinsville and Fairview

<cough, cough> black market <cough, cough>

• edited June 2021

@Halftone said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    @Halftone ive been there. i smoked for 20+ years and started developing an extremely unhealthy relationship with weed. I had physical withdrawal as well, its NOT FUN. If you really want to quit, commit to it.

thanks man! wel'll see how it goes.

Having kicked many a time, a few more things to be aware of, aside from the insomnia: headaches (a lot like a coffee kick, except more so), and extreme emotions, rollercoaster style. Vigorous exercise in any form, as above is a great recommendation. (kettlebells here). This helps you burn lipids, where THC resides

If you are like me and can’t take it or leave it alone, you may also be, like me, beyond human aid (beyond the help of shrinks, good advice from well intentioned people, and will power). Only you can know this, and it’s all good, there is a solution, if you have a spiritual life, or are willing to get one. As with our friends above, PM me if you want to chat further.

• A couple days is all it took for me cold turkey. Stomach aches, mood swings, headaches.
    I smoked the strongest weed from age 14 till like 30. Every day.
    I had quit before I was diagnosed but started again. It took me about two years to fully transition to vaporizing from smoking. That was harder than quitting all together :D
    But I know everybody is different, I think I don’t have the addictive tendencies others do. It’s always been fairly easy to quit things.
    With anything in life, balance is key.

• I smoked nearly forty years.... daily. Sold for a while in NYC during the 70s. Fortunate I was never tagged... the Rockefeller laws... yikes. Stopped gradually when I met my exwife gf. She was afraid of losing her license. It was no big deal to let go. Looking for calm now, not stimulation. Loved the years of laughter, but more consistently creative now than ever.

• Good day for New Mexico / rest of the world needs to wake up

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Good day for New Mexico / rest of the world needs to wake up

Canada’s already way ahead of the game. It’s 18+ most provinces, a few 19..
    Individuals who have attained the legal age of possession in their province can legally possess the following:

Up-to 30 grams of legal cannabis, dried, or the following equivalents:
    150 grams of fresh cannabis
    450 grams of edible product
    2,100 grams of liquid product
    5 grams of concentrates (solid or liquid)
    30 cannabis plant seeds
    Share up-to 30 grams with other adults.
    Purchase fresh and dried cannabis, and cannabis oils from authorized provincial or territorial retailers.
    Grow for personal use up-to 4 plants per residence (not per person) from licensed seeds or seedlings.
    Make cannabis products, such as food and drinks, at home as long as organic solvents are not used to create concentrated products