Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumLab by Pascal Douillard

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1523182272

Description:

DRUMLAB brings a new approach to the Drum Machine by allowing you to play with both Samples & Synthesis drum sounds. With a powerful and easy to use graphic editor to create and manipulate sound, it is packed with 76 ready-made samples and synthesis Drum Kits. You can mix and match any sound from any drum kits to any track of your song. Play a song and load any drum kits (from factory kits or from any other songs) to listen to a completely new song every time. What’s in the box :

◊ 7 Sound Engines including a graphical Sampler
◊ 61 Drum Kits including 24 Classic kits
◊ 20 Stereo Effects including 3 Reverbs
◊ Fully Automatable engines, mixer and effects

Sound Engines include :

◊ OSCILLATOR Engine
◊ KICK Engine
◊ SAMPLE Engine
◊ CLAPS Engine
◊ AM/FM Engine
◊ TYMBAL Engine
◊ DRONE Engine

DRUMLAB is fully automatable and comes with 76 ready made drum kits:

◊ 24 Vintage Audio Drum Kits
◊ 38 Modern Audio Drum Kits
◊ 14 Syntheses Drum Kits

As well as 20 hi-quality stereo effects:

◊ Delay
◊ Ping Pong
◊ Tap Delay
◊ Grain Delay
◊ Overdrive
◊ ResoDrive
◊ BitCrusher
◊ Filter
◊ SwipeFilter
◊ Vowel
◊ Ring Mod
◊ Shifter
◊ Reverse Pitch
◊ Phaser
◊ Chorus
◊ Classic Reverb
◊ Tone Reverb
◊ Box Reverb
◊ Compressor
◊ Big Compressor

DRUMLAB offers 6 main sections:

1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER takes advantage of the iPad multi-touch screen for fast and creative patterns drawing. The Sequences handles 16 or 32 steps patterns and is polymeric. Each track can have its own length. Just gently tap and drag the blue handle at the right end of each track. Triplets, Duets, Quadriplets steps can also be added for more complex rhythms.

2 - THE DRUMS PAGE is a powerful graphic Audio Engine editor. Parameters are displayed as graph for visual feedback an d easy of use. Play, experiment and discover new sounds. Don’t forget to tap the little magnifying glass on the bar title of each graph, it will expand the graph to a bigger size for extra precision.

3 - THE PADS PAGE simply lets you play and record any beat that tickles your fingers, with automatic quantize so that you don’t miss a beat. With a Beat Repeat effect for extra fun.

4 - THE MIXER PAGE for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Large and spacey so that you can get the big picture. Pan and Solo included.

5 - THE FX SECTION offer a powerful Quad Pads Effect processors. You can stack up to 4 effects at the same time and pick amongst a list of 20 available stereo effects. All effects can be either auxiliary or master effects. All effects are automatable.

6 - THE SONG PAGE allows you to quickly build a song with the patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Each pattern in a song can be repeated for compact Song composition.

DRUMLAB is Ableton Link compatible.

Specifications:

• Pure Data powered Audio Engine
• 7 Audio Engines
• 61 ready-made electronic drum kits
• 20 hi-quality stereo effects
• Engines, Mixer and Effects parameters are fully automatable
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Triplets, Duets, Quadriplets steps
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Polymetric Sequencer
• Graphic Audio Synthesis editor
• Copy and Paste sounds
• Save your own drum kits
• Export your own drum kits
• Import drum kits
• Export your song
• Import songs
• 9 Pads to play and record patterns
• With Beat Repeat effect
• Full screen Mixer with volume, pan and solo mode for each track
• 4 FX Pads for your Master Effects chain : Compressor | Overdrive >>> Phaser | Chorus >>> Delay >>> Reverb
• Mode song with easy building and pattern repeat
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
• Ableton Link compatible
• Import DM2 songs (to extent, DRUMLAB has a new filter that may responds differently)

Enjoy!

Visit us : audionomy.fr
Contact us : [email protected]

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 9.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Looks like an update DM1 I’d be interested to see a review.

• Still no auv3 it seem.

• sounds interesting! are there any videos/soundexamples?

• edited June 2021

Looks exactly like DM2... I guess it has some improvements over the predecessor but no AUv3 :(

• just bought it without looking because i was sure it’s finally auv3. damn!

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    just bought it without looking because i was sure it’s finally auv3. damn!

Lol, I'm more cautions these days, instabuy days are over apart from a few exceptions...

• Does it have MIDI out so it can be used as a general sequencer?

• Considering that I never really liked DM1 or DM2 I do feel this is a pass.
    Hope it does well though as both DM1 and DM2 have a fan-base...

• No AU? No, thanks, sorry.

• @banalytic said:
    sounds interesting! are there any videos/soundexamples?

So far only this

• @Samu said:

@vasilymilovidov said:
    just bought it without looking because i was sure it’s finally auv3. damn!

Lol, I'm more cautions these days, instabuy days are over apart from a few exceptions...

Does it make sense to release something that isn’t auv3 these days?. I don’t get it.

• I prefer AUv3 but I can overlook it for this one. Especially at $3.99. I like DM1 and DM2 for making loops primarily and I’ll use this on the same way.

• edited June 2021

So it’s DM3 basically.

• I’d buy it immediately if it was an au but damn :(

• I wonder what the drum synth engines sound like. Hard to tell from the video.

• Does it have Files App support for importing samples?

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Does it have MIDI out so it can be used as a general sequencer?

Answering myself: yes it does but subdivisions of a step are not output so you cannot record triplets to MIDI or drive triplets through another synth, for example.

• Do the pads have velocity sensitivity depending on where you hit them?

• While I am an Auv3 advocate, $3.99 is not that expensive… and it does sound nice… and would be a great AU… Bought…

• @Shabudua said:
    Does it have Files App support for importing samples?

From a sample point of view, as far as I can tell you are stuck with the sounds in the app but can create new kits from those sounds and import/export those. The drum synth side of things can be tweaked so presumably you can create new sounds this way and save them as part of your kit.

@db909 said:
    Do the pads have velocity sensitivity depending on where you hit them?

They do not.

@Shabudua said:
    So it’s DM3 basically.

I do not have the first two but they did forget to remove some of the DM2 branding so I guess in spirit at least it is :)

• @anickt said:
    I prefer AUv3 but I can overlook it for this one. Especially at $3.99. I like DM1 and DM2 for making loops primarily and I’ll use this on the same way.

Precisement etc mon frere.

• I do love DM2 and the recent updates of DM1 had a ton of great kits. This sounds like a combination of the two? Would love to hear a more fulsome demo.

• No pad velocity ? What kind of a joke is this?

• @db909 said:
    No pad velocity ? What kind of a joke is this?

You can accent steps and also automate the mixer channels. Makes for some cool movement in addition to 4 different fx. I can live without pad velocity with these features. 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:

@db909 said:

You can accent steps and also automate the mixer channels. Makes for some cool movement in addition to 4 different fx. I can live without pad velocity with these features. 😎👍🏼

I hear ya. But for me it’s like the whole point of recording the patterns live is so I don’t have to use the step sequencer. They always try to reel you back into the sequencer.

• Bugger.

I’m disappointed at lack of auv3 and not universal. I’ve been hoping for an auv3 DM3 for years! I don’t need any more non universal non auv3 drum machines to make loops with. I have enough of those already with DM2, ispark, ielectribe etc.

DM2 is only 99p at the moment. If you don’t have DM2 yet I’d buy that instead. 99p is a bargain.

• @db909 said:

@anickt said:

@db909 said:

I hear ya. But for me it’s like the whole point of recording the patterns live is so I don’t have to use the step sequencer. They always try to reel you back into the sequencer.

That’s my preferred operating method also. Avoid step sequencers at all costs whenever possible.

• I can’t believe I’m passing a drum machine up, especially one as low cost as this, but there’s just not enough here to warrant stepping back to IAA for me.

• @NeuM said:

@db909 said:

@anickt said:

@db909 said:

That’s my preferred operating method also. Avoid step sequencers at all costs whenever possible.

Everyone has their way! 😎👍🏼

• love DM1 & DM2. This looks like a combination of both -- with expanded control over the synthesis and adding a graphic editor for the samples. Plus, everything has automation! never really needed AUv3 with the other apps guessing i'll use this the same way .. though it would be nice.

the dev is great and really responsive too. Noticed a minor bug after a DM2 update when saving user kits and he fixed it within a day or two.