Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The big KORG Gadget fun/freak/experiment thread

Comments

• @R_2 said:
    Demo of some tweaking with Memphis/iMS20 audio input.
    First Kamata through Memphis, since Kamata doesn’t have a filter.
    At 2:00 some Recife drums.

I’ve attached the project. Download and move it to your KORG Gadget folder and unzip it.
    It includes an “Audio Input” preset for Memphis, which you can save for easy recall.

Can you load any gadget into that synth? Something like Rosario guitar or other auido samples of my own, for example?

• @senhorlampada said:
    @ambrosiajam you got some nice organic sounds on your tracks... Gonna take a listen when I'm more awake in the morning :love:

Thanks

• @ambrosiajam Yes, any gadget including Rosario.

• Good thread. I used to be a Gadget only man (it was all my little 16gb iPad Air could handle) and honestly those were better days now that I’m looking back on it. I actually finished tracks back then, albeit short ones, AND even uploaded them! Nowadays, my never ending library of auv3s, and the smorgasbord of daws to host them in (constantly switching but mainly use bm3), has me hoarding random unfinished tracks into a black hole sock drawer, never to see the light of day. The excess of options and the instability of BM3 projects / auv3s overall seems to have put a damper on my creativity.

But I digress. Here is the last thing I made In gadget before ultimately moving onto bm3 / Cubasis / aum / ZB. Maybe y’all might appreciate it a bit maybe not! Everything on my profile was made in gadget except for the very first 2 upload from five years ago called pureboy which is terrible but really weird, and doinger which is just bums. All songs have terrible mixes so watch out lol.

• @R_2 said:
    🏄‍♂️ Surf Rock with Ebina, made on a Switch. Check his other vids for more good Gadget tracks.

Ah shit I totally forgot that they released Korg on the switch, so frakkin cool. And that track, it’s incredible!!!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    This thread is awesome, and I love what I'm hearing in it so far. This is my most experimental track in Gadget to date.

Something silly and off-the-wall. However, now I'm inspired to try new things in Gadget! :) (Currently working on a little Trance thing, but after that I'll see more of what I can do regarding Experimental, Soundscaping, etc.) Cheers. :)

Ha! Love this.

• @R_2 said:
    Example of 10 custom sounds made in iWavestation.
    Ranging from recreated Prophet VS preset, PPG like sound to weird effects and distorted polyrhythms 🎧

Woah…… these sounds. for years I regretted my iwavestation purchase. Guess I just need to figure out how to use it haha..

• @j0gie said:
    Good thread. I used to be a Gadget only man (it was all my little 16gb iPad Air could handle) and honestly those were better days now that I’m looking back on it. I actually finished tracks back then, albeit short ones, AND even uploaded them! Nowadays, my never ending library of auv3s, and the smorgasbord of daws to host them in (constantly switching but mainly use bm3), has me hoarding random unfinished tracks into a black hole sock drawer, never to see the light of day. The excess of options and the instability of BM3 projects / auv3s overall seems to have put a damper on my creativity.

But I digress. Here is the last thing I made In gadget before ultimately moving onto bm3 / Cubasis / aum / ZB. Maybe y’all might appreciate it a bit maybe not! Everything on my profile was made in gadget except for the very first 2 upload from five years ago called pureboy which is terrible but really weird, and doinger which is just bums. All songs have terrible mixes so watch out lol.

Awesome track, bro
    Sometimes we suffer with the excess of options. Limitation can be a blessing :wink:

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2021

@j0gie said:
    Good thread. I used to be a Gadget only man (it was all my little 16gb iPad Air could handle) and honestly those were better days now that I’m looking back on it. I actually finished tracks back then, albeit short ones, AND even uploaded them! Nowadays, my never ending library of auv3s, and the smorgasbord of daws to host them in (constantly switching but mainly use bm3), has me hoarding random unfinished tracks into a black hole sock drawer, never to see the light of day. The excess of options and the instability of BM3 projects / auv3s overall seems to have put a damper on my creativity.

Yes, and this is the reason I chose to focus on Gadget. As @senhorlampada wrote, some limitation can help. Although nowadays with all add-ons it can also become choice overload.
    I remember in 2014 when there was only the base Gadget and everyone’s tracks sounded similar :D

• Always been curious what happens if someone doesn’t have the ODYSSEi IAP skins but loads a project which includes the skin :)
    Anybody has ODYSSEi without the IAPs? Can you move the attached file to: On My IPad > KORG Gadget and check.
    Track 1 should be the standard black/orange Lexington, track 2 would be the white one:

• @R_2 Doesn't work, unfortunately. Dunno about the presets though.

• @rs2000 That small Lexington icon always has the standard black/orange model (even when the white is selected).
    So do you get your standard model when you open track 2?
    If so, are the faders, etc, set similar to my pic of the white above?

• @R_2 said:
    @rs2000 That small Lexington icon always has the standard black/orange model (even when the white is selected).
    So do you get your standard model when you open track 2?
    If so, are the faders, etc, set similar to my pic of the white above?

I always get the black/red standard panel. Seems to depend on the IAP.

• Crosspost from the Stockholm thread. Little demonstration of the ‘Alt’ parameter in Stockholm.

• Wonderful groove @R_2! <3

• @rs2000 Thx, all credit goes to these loops though. I just swipe my finger across the ‘Alts’ and the magic begins :)
    Hadn’t used Stockholm in a while, lots of crazy possibilities. Plan to use it more often.

• In case people missed it. If you have many tracks and don’t want to skip through them using the arrows, there’s a shortcut. Long holding the track name at the top shows a popup with direct acces to any track.

• Nice @R_2, I didn't know that one! (RTFM 😅)

• @R_2 said:
    In case people missed it. If you have many tracks and don’t want to skip through them using the arrows, there’s a shortcut. Long holding the track name at the top shows a popup with direct acces to any track.

I was today-years-old when I found that out. 🤣

• @R_2 said:
    In case people missed it. If you have many tracks and don’t want to skip through them using the arrows, there’s a shortcut. Long holding the track name at the top shows a popup with direct acces to any track.

There's a LOT of those things in Gadget waiting to be discovered I guess...

For example when the 'swipe a knob' gesture surfaced for nudging the knobs values up or down I forgave the lack of being unable to type in precise values :)
    (But even with that the 'steps' are sometimes oddly chose, for example the EQ frequencies can not be set with 100% accuracy).

I'm still struggling with the precise 'tap logic' to draw lines / interpolate values in the automation editor, it involves tap at start and long-tap at the end but to 'trigger' it one needs to long-tap on the first step as well?!

The 'bar copy' thing is quite neat as well, but it's no longer possible to tap two or more destination bars, so it's bar by bar...

I do wonder if Gadget has a 'hidden game mode' like iDS-10 with it's 'bingo thing' that is supposed to help us lear the app :D

Time to cool, don the heat is getting to my brain LOL

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2021

@Samu said:
    For example when the 'swipe a knob' gesture surfaced for nudging the knobs values up or down I forgave the lack of being unable to type in precise values :)

Indeed, the ‘flick’ gesture is essential in Korg’s apps. For some reason they did implement it in Lexington, but not in other gadgets with faders.

I'm still struggling with the precise 'tap logic' to draw lines / interpolate values in the automation editor, it involves tap at start and long-tap at the end but to 'trigger' it one needs to long-tap on the first step as well?!

I think I got it down: Tap and hold start-value, with other finger tap on end-value and slide a bit.

The 'bar copy' thing is quite neat as well, but it's no longer possible to tap two or more destination bars, so it's bar by bar...

It’s still possible to copy to multiple destination bars. Tap them all and then release fingers exactly at the same time :D

• edited June 2021

@R_2 said:

@Samu said:

Indeed, the ‘flick’ gesture is essential in Korg’s apps. For some reason they did implement it in Lexington, but not in other gadgets with faders.

I think I got it down: Tap and hold start-value, with other finger tap on end-value and slide a bit.

It’s still possible to copy to multiple destination bars. Tap them all and then release fingers exactly at the same time :D

I did not know about the flick! I've been avoiding the vco pitch slider like the plague in Lexington! I dunno when they implemented this, but it's very helpful now!

• @R_2 said:

>

Best 'Logic' here would be hold one finger on the 'source bar' and tap on the other bars one after another to past the source.

Really hoping the next 'update' from Korg is NOT another Module Hybrid IAP...

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2021

@Samu said:
    Really hoping the next 'update' from Korg is NOT another Module Hybrid IAP...

True, the Hybrid/Fairbanks sound is becoming more familiar with every pack. Regardless of the need for more packs, I think they could go beyond its synth engine by combining it with pcm. I always like the combination of samples for attack and fm for the ‘body’ of a sound.
    Basic example:

• KORG is doing a Gadget stream this Wednesday, ambient song creation with Pulse Emitter.

• @R_2 said:
    KORG is doing a Gadget stream this Wednesday, ambient song creation with Pulse Emitter.

Well...if I don't create anything else new by then, I know what I'll most likely start producing in Gadget. 😂

• @R_2 said:
    KORG is doing a Gadget stream this Wednesday, ambient song creation with Pulse Emitter.

Only on Facebook?

• @Philandering_Bastard Luckily not, i linked the YouTube one.
    @jwmmakerofmusic Yeah why not, you’ll make some minimal ambient ;)

• @R_2 said:
    Always been curious what happens if someone doesn’t have the ODYSSEi IAP skins but loads a project which includes the skin :)
    Anybody has ODYSSEi without the IAPs? Can you move the attached file to: On My IPad > KORG Gadget and check.
    Track 1 should be the standard black/orange Lexington, track 2 would be the white one:

I get this:

• @R_2 said:
    @Philandering_Bastard Luckily not, i linked the YouTube one.
    @jwmmakerofmusic Yeah why not, you’ll make some minimal ambient ;)

😅