Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sync Cubasis and apeMatrix via IAA host sync

Hi,

I bought apeMatrix and just started to dive into it. I tried to do what @Janosax mentioned in this post: sync Cubasis and the AUs in apeMatrix via IAA host sync. But I can't manage. When I add CB3 to a apeMatrix node and connect I can hear CB3's output but it neither syncs nor reacts to start/stop. What do I have to do?

Comments

• edited June 2021

Create an audio track and choose « ApeMatrix instr » as IAA input for that track:

Set ApeMatrix sync settings like this (with Link disabled for IAA tempo sync):

Note that ApeMatrix main transport will not sync Cubasis, but Cubasis transport will sync ApeMatrix. You have however hidden IAA transport buttons in ApeMatrix settings panel which allows this:

• edited June 2021

Here’s a short speechless video I made to help you and other interested members:

• edited June 2021

Yesssss!!!! Thank you so much. The sync is so tight that it is the perfect solution for syncing AU sequencers with Cubasis 3. My first try was a full success. I had some Atom 2 instances in apeMatrix and a song in Cubasis. I have the instruments hosted in CB3 and jam with Atom 2, then I can record the jam to CB3 timeline and arrange. The sync is so tight that the recorded notes are EXACTLY on the position they should be. I will fine tune my setup this weekend and then share it here.

My dream of an Ableton Live style workflow becomes slowly reality.

• Can anyone tell me if this will work in Cubasis 2?
    Before buying Cubasis 3?
    The options for external Hardware seem Cool too.
    Is Cubasis 3 Stable?

I am Hardcore AUM user and am looking for something to arrange My Sequences in a Linear fashion with the MIDI capabilities of AUM.

Any info appreciated.

• @Azid303 said:
    Can anyone tell me if this will work in Cubasis 2?
    Before buying Cubasis 3?
    The options for external Hardware seem Cool too.
    Is Cubasis 3 Stable?

CB3 is quite stable now. Given all the recent additions like sidechaining, I would not use CB2 anymore. I think since they had done the initial re-write of CB3, they evolve it now at a high pace.

I am Hardcore AUM user and am looking for something to arrange My Sequences in a Linear fashion with the MIDI capabilities of AUM.

If you don’t need audio tracks you can perfectly use a setup with AUM - AB3 - Xequence 2. This syncs absolutely tight but I want audio tracks and therefore do the arrangement with Cubasis,

Unfortunately I did not really succeed in bridging CB3 and AUM. It works perfectly with CB3 and apeMatrix, though. I also tried to extend this setup by adding AUM and syncing it with apeMatrix by Ableton Link but it‘s not working. AUM is not in sync with CB3 then. AL matches the tempo but sequencers in AUM start wrong although start/stop is enabled.

Today I continue to develop a workflow with CB3, apeMatrix and LK. I’d prefer Atom 2 but apeMatrix can host only 30 nodes.