Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3ta+ update

EgzEgz
edited May 2014 in General App Discussion

I see there is an update 1.1.1 but it only says "version" as a change?

Comments

• Probably just a bug fix. I updated yesterday on my iPad Air and all seems fine.

• Check it out:

"Hello,
    Thanks so much for all your input!!! We are completely dedicated to making this the best iOS synth available, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Just to let you all know the skinny,
    The 1.1.1 update pushed out yesterday was for internal metadata, not a user related update.
    The 1.2 update will be coming within the next few weeks.
    We plan on addressing the following in 1.2:
    Internal MIDI fix.
    Aftertouch Fix.
    Keyboard settings persistence.
    iPad specific optimization.
    Press + drag up/down on functions w/o knobs or sliders. (No more tapping through controls)

We will not stop there! This update is focused on a better user experience, based on feedback.
    Future updates will have their own specific focus.

Thanks again for all your support!
    Have a great weekend!

-Josh Langberg
    PM/QA Lead DSP Team
    Cakewalk, Boston"

• Thanks for the great app and the dedication to making it better. Well done.

• Yep, saw this on the iPad Musicians group on FB. Fantastic news! :-)

• That's a great response. Happy to hear Z3TA+ is getting dev love and that the devs are taking user feedback seriously. Be the squeaky wheel.

• May be other developers could take note

• On sale $14.99 from $19.99

• Worth every penny, IMO. The new 'favorites' feature is really slick!

• How is it on older iPads (3 specifically)?

• The number of voices of polyphony is reduced by about half on an ipad 3 (max 4 voices) vs 4 (max 8 voices). If you don't mind that limitation is works very well on a 3.

• I'm trying VERY hard to stick to my "Thor does everything I could ever want and I have barely scratched it's surface yet" statement I made to myself last week. Plus sunrizer, iSEM, imini, tf7, and many other synths that reside on my iPad...help me stick to it! I have my sights set on pro-c in auria as my next purchase. Focus. Focus. ;-)

• @mrufino1 Sorry to say that I also love Thor, along with Sunrizer, iSEM etc but Z3TA+ tops the list for me. I love the control on offer and the sounds I get from this app - it's brilliant. However, your need for Pro C could be greater, your choice.

• @mrufino1 Maybe the first comment at the link below will help you focus.

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/8/14/z3ta-update.html#comments

• Ha! Thanks for the help. I don't NEED anything.;-)

• You do. You know you do. Pro-C is lovely by the way. Zo's Z3ta.

• Yeah, pro -c looks really good, I should have bought it while it was on sale a few months ago. I'll set aside some money soon. I have the excuse that I'm mixing my new album...
    Back to z3ta talk...

• I feel like a few others here. I have Thor, Nave, Animoog, iSem, iMini, Sunrizer, Eden, Gadget, iPolysix, Magellan etc, yet I'm still considering Z3ta+ and Tera Synth. I think I have a problem LOL.

• So how's the midi working now? I've read there were some bugs with previous versions.

• I got a chrysler 200 yesterday and the sound system is sweet! I plugged my ipad into the car stereo and jammed out until 1 in the morning . I had Z3ta+ Playing along with Drumjam and the midi sync was perfect. I had a ball needless to say!

• @Muzetech said:

I feel like a few others here. I have Thor, Nave, Animoog, iSem, iMini, Sunrizer, Eden, Gadget, iPolysix, Magellan etc, yet I'm still considering Z3ta+ and Tera Synth. I think I have a problem LOL.

Samesies. I haven't z3ta'd yet but I did get Tera. I realllllly don't need it.

• I dunno. It's just about different enough and just about good enough to pork the piggybank for...

• I agree with Muzetech and syrupcore: When i used my limited iPhone 4 i did the most of my tracks and i remember some of them i liked a lot more than everything i did on my iPad. So if you need to think twice about to buy a synth... don't do it. It just will slow down your workflow and you waste money and time. It also felt like something special to create a whole album on a smartphone. For some reasons i don't get that feeling with the iPad.

• edited August 2014

@Cinebient said:

if you need to think twice about to buy a synth... don't do it. It just will slow down your workflow and you waste money and time.

Thank you, well said. That gave me the strength I needed as I almost caved. With Thor, sunrizer, iSEM, imini, animoog, nave ("it's the greatest synth ever" quotes swayed me after initially delaying- I've yet to use it in any production), arctic pro (re-downloaded as I thought I may have missed something- I didn't) and quite a few others, plus nanostudio, the last thing I need is another synth. Especially being a bassist who mainly does music with a full band playing instruments.

• @Zymos: do you have an email address for Josh? I'd love to ask him about the non-functioning presets issue...

@Zymos said:

Check it out:

"Hello,
    Thanks so much for all your input!!! We are completely dedicated to making this the best iOS synth available, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Just to let you all know the skinny,
    The 1.1.1 update pushed out yesterday was for internal metadata, not a user related update.
    The 1.2 update will be coming within the next few weeks.
    We plan on addressing the following in 1.2:
    Internal MIDI fix.
    Aftertouch Fix.
    Keyboard settings persistence.
    iPad specific optimization.
    Press + drag up/down on functions w/o knobs or sliders. (No more tapping through controls)

We will not stop there! This update is focused on a better user experience, based on feedback.
    Future updates will have their own specific focus.

Thanks again for all your support!
    Have a great weekend!

-Josh Langberg
    PM/QA Lead DSP Team
    Cakewalk, Boston"

• @mrufino1 If you have Thor and Sunrizer it makes no sense to get Zeta unless you really need the extra oscillators/LFOs and adjustable slopes to generate a specific sound.

• Appaholics anonymous meeting in full swing ! I agree with you @raz, it was a late night bout of weakness but I made it through.

• edited August 2014

Oh dear. I find myself to be one of those disreputable types who hang around outside the meeting hall, half in shadow, face illuminated by the glow of some shiny new app, whispering Just try a little taste....

Shameful business, must do better.

• JC_vt,
    Josh posts over at KVR sometimes, bet you can get his attention over there- I think he posted about this update there.

• I'm weak-willed and bought it anyway. Haven't played with it much, but one thing I noticed straightaway is how good it sounds compared to a lot of other apps. Feature wise it may have things in common with other iOS synths, but it sounds much more "pro" to my ears.

Does anyone know where I can find a PDF of the manual? It's a hefty one, and I'd like to be able to reference it while using the synth.

• I believe the documentation is meant to be built-in, but here is the manual for Z3TA+ 2 (the PC/Mac version) http://patcharena.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Z3TA+-2-User-Guide.pdf