Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm off my bloody nut! šŸ¤Ŗ

A track so bizarre, you'll either laugh your arse off, or become worried that I'm off my bloody nut. "What Did I Do" is an experimental sort of EDM that really doesn't seem to have a genre (nor does it really need one, lol). Well here's the breakdown of the instruments.

The silent sidechain as you probably predicted by now is CHat Detroit in Recife. The kick is Recife, the clap is Kingston, the hihat and crash are London, and the impacts are Amsterdam.

The midBass is Montpellier, and the sub bass is Chiangmai.

The backing synth and silly sounding lead are both Wolfsburg. The vocal sound is Da Voice from Darwin. Darwin is also what drives the most overused pad sound in existance, "universe", lol.

Most of the sound effects come from London, except the Cork Pop sound comes from Darwin. Finally, the plain white noise riser is Wolfsburg.

Anyways, after I rendered the track, I mastered it in Cubasis with the usual suspects of MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband, and TB Barricade.

Cheers and enjoy.

Comments

• nice! i like the swung groove. sort of reminds me of S3rl in a weird way. I think. the melody and sounds maybe??

• šŸ‘

Add a rolling BassLine, crank it up to 145bpm and you have psytrance.

• Silly and fun!

• Haha! I love it. Very catchy and fun. Circus Techno, maybe? šŸ¤”šŸ•ŗ Thatā€™s gotta be a hit! Good stuff! Nice to hear something quirky and unusual for a change. Would be very interesting to also hear a version in an even faster tempo. Absolutely nuts in a good way.

• I thoroughly enjoyed that. How totally freeing to just do something for the hell of it! So liberating. (I mean, I don't want that blasted at me for ten hours straight, but you know what I mean!)

It reminded me of a poetry workshop I was in once. It was very serious, part of a high-powered MFA department (that I realized was not for me), and all the students took themselves very seriously. After a few months of everybody submitting poems in their chosen style, the poet-professor had us pull names out of a hat and write in the style of somebody else in the seminar.

Everybody was annoyed. But those poems the next week? They totally sang and were probably the best work of the semester. (Also had the added benefit of having your annoying tics mocked cruelly!)

I know that this is overintellectualizing your CircusTechnoā„¢, but I just wanted to say:
    Great one.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    nice! i like the swung groove. sort of reminds me of S3rl in a weird way. I think. the melody and sounds maybe??

I definitely think it's moreso the sound design than the melody. :) The buzzy lead is similar. Also, "Pretty Rave Girl" definitely ripped off borrowed the melody from Basshunter's Dota. ;) For you younguns, that guy was relevant 12 years ago.

@jolico said:
    šŸ‘

Add a rolling BassLine, crank it up to 145bpm and you have psytrance.

I may consider making a Psy piece. ;) Sounds like fun.

@PhilW said:
    Silly and fun!

Exactly my goal with this one. ^_^

@Spidericemidas said:
    Haha! I love it. Very catchy and fun. Circus Techno, maybe? šŸ¤”šŸ•ŗ Thatā€™s gotta be a hit! Good stuff! Nice to hear something quirky and unusual for a change. Would be very interesting to also hear a version in an even faster tempo. Absolutely nuts in a good way.

Circus Techno, I love it! Exactly! Exactly mate! :D That needs to become a thing!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed that. How totally freeing to just do something for the hell of it! So liberating. (I mean, I don't want that blasted at me for ten hours straight, but you know what I mean!)

:lol: I know the feeling.

It reminded me of a poetry workshop I was in once. It was very serious, part of a high-powered MFA department (that I realized was not for me), and all the students took themselves very seriously. After a few months of everybody submitting poems in their chosen style, the poet-professor had us pull names out of a hat and write in the style of somebody else in the seminar.

Everybody was annoyed. But those poems the next week? They totally sang and were probably the best work of the semester. (Also had the added benefit of having your annoying tics mocked cruelly!)

Bloody hell, lol. But I see what you mean mate.

I know that this is overintellectualizing your CircusTechnoā„¢, but I just wanted to say:
    Great one.

Thank you so much mate. :)

Thank you all so much.

• I hope it's sampled on Saint Emilion vintage wine
    French joke ...
    :)

• Very nice!

I lolā€™d at the first ā€œcork popā€ perfect! šŸ˜‚

Theres a genre for everyone! Oh? You do ā€œCircusTechnoā„¢ā€œ?, I do ā€œSecret Agentā€.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2021

@d4d0ug said:
    Reminds me of Rhubarb & Custard, in more ways than one ;)

Love it. Good to hear something different and, err ā€˜bonkersā€™

Rhubarb & Custard. Maddest tune and cartoon ever. Perfection. ā¤ļø

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Very nice!

I lolā€™d at the first ā€œcork popā€ perfect! šŸ˜‚

Theres a genre for everyone! Oh? You do ā€œCircusTechnoā„¢ā€œ?, I do ā€œSecret Agentā€.

LOL! That's hilarious. :)

@d4d0ug said:
    Reminds me of Rhubarb & Custard, in more ways than one ;)

Love it. Good to hear something different and, err ā€˜bonkersā€™

Did a bit of looking up on Youtube. Wicked themesong and cartoon! Love it!

Oddly, I don't recall ever seeing Rhubarb & Custard as a toddler, but perhaps I did and the themesong was embedded deep into my memory bank somehow. Or, it is like people say that "Everything's been done before", and strange and happy coincidences happen. :lol: