Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Snakebud by Cem Olcay Detailed Walkthrough Vid (Win 5 Copies of ANY Cem Olcay app!)

SnakeBud is a really fun, musical and easy to use Midi Sequencer for iOS inspired by the Rene Eurorack module. In this video I walk you through the main features and show you how to use the app. I also demonstrate how to use an app like StepBud to automate pattern changes in SnakeBud using Midi CC messages. This is a powerful trick that many people are unsure how to do. Towards the end I give a few tips on using multiple instances of the app and finish off with a quick review of the positives (negative are scattered through the video). I have 5 FREE Copies of ANY Cem Olcay app to give away. Details, as usual, are in the pinned Youtube comment. Please remember folks to support the channel by watching some ads - working on an iOS channel like this is a lot of work for very little reward. I rely on your support. PayPal donations etc are also highly welcome, and I would even go so far as to say they are necessary for me to be able to continue doing this. You can find my PayPal in the pinned comment, along with links to my Insta and Twitter. Cheers folks, and thank you again to the wonderful people among you who have been kind enough to donate already.

The video has timestamps to help you navigate your way through it if necessary.

Comments

• Sounding good. Throwing a few of these together is such a great easy way to get a jam going, really digging the app @cem_olcay, though like everyone else I am keenly awaiting triplets, dotted, and more randomisation options. 👍😉

• Feel I'm talking to the wall here, but anyway!:

Snakebud giveaway winners announced

The lucky winners, chosen randomly are:

Bob Mills snakebud
    Frrancesco Lanzillotti loopbud
    Oside Nick snakebud
    Cory Rist chordbud 2
    Geir Alfsen snakebud

Big congrats. And good luck to those who didn't win for next time.

• edited June 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Feel I'm talking to the wall here, but anyway!:

Don't worry I see and read all your posts :)
    The current 'heat-wave' makes my brain feel like jelly and the rest of the body is in 100% zombie mode.

Next week I'll focus on catching all the relevant WWDC'21 session...
    ...I really hope there's not too many new app drops...

Thanks for sticking around and as always health both mental and physical always comes first!
    (I've been in the wall a couple of times and it's NOT fun, still recovering from the last bump, takes longer every time...).

Cheers!

• This is a surprisingly quiet thread :)

• edited June 2021

@Krupa : true. I wonder if it because there are other Snakebud threads running on the Forum too? The YouTube comments section seems well visited... Or maybe all you proper musicians don’t need sequencers? ;) My own favourite sequencer in Ableton Max for Live is MDD Snake, a similar Rene-inspired creation:

Great to see something similar make it’s way over here, and of course @Gavinski has done his usual excellent job of introducing it. Shame his hard work doesn’t seem to be getting the usual love on this one.

Since I didn’t win Gav’s giveaway, and because I saw his video, I am of course off now to buy the thing. Except now, inevitably, having fallen down the modular rabbit hole, I also actually want the hardware Rene too...

• Oo nice to know it’s in ableton too, I’d only used a similar one in mirack, though I hadn’t had as much fun as with this one - I wasn’t sure whether if it was just me wiring it funny or something, whatever it was, it’s much more immediate with cem’s offering :)

• Congrats to the winners! Was wondering how this post was so quiet, but I have nothing really to add besides saying I enjoyed the video 😆

• Thanks guys. 🙏

• Awesome update just added 32 additional snake patterns making a total of 54 now.

• I noticed it also added more singular options for the randomizer. Notes, Snake, Gate, Velocity, and Probability can be independently randomized. Great update!

• @MadeofWax said:
    I noticed it also added more singular options for the randomizer. Notes, Snake, Gate, Velocity, and Probability can be independently randomized. Great update!

Dope didn’t open it yet, great to know…

• @MadeofWax said:
    I noticed it also added more singular options for the randomizer. Notes, Snake, Gate, Velocity, and Probability can be independently randomized. Great update!

Excellent, I asked for this and am super glad it got implemented so quickly!

• I'm getting far too comfortable with these randomiser buttons ... but so useful - especially with FX.

But I do think there should be a mandatory undo button attached.

There's an interesting explanation from NeonSilicon hereabouts as to why undo is a resource-hungry bugger ... but even one step back would be a vast improvement. Maybe even a bloody huge save button - no file names just 001 .. but keeps it and lets you restore it.

I wonder if there's some way a bit of clever Mozaic code could capture the prior state of randomised settings on a rolling basis. Be handy.

• edited June 2021

@Soundscaper said:
    I'm getting far too comfortable with these randomiser buttons ... but so useful - especially with FX.

But I do think there should be a mandatory undo button attached.

There's an interesting explanation from NeonSilicon hereabouts as to why undo is a resource-hungry bugger ... but even one step back would be a vast improvement. Maybe even a bloody huge save button - no file names just 001 .. but keeps it and lets you restore it.

I wonder if there's some way a bit of clever Mozaic code could capture the prior state of randomised settings on a rolling basis. Be handy.

Yeah, I also realized after reading that Neon Silicon Post that maybe undo and redo are trickier than it might seem.

• edited June 2021

@cem_olcay

Could you please add a direction option for snake? Forwards, backwards and forwards/backwards. That they you would effectively add x3 more snakes (3x54 = 162!) and it could allow for some really good poly stuff with two or three instances running.

Also any news on dotted and triplets ?

Thanks

• Love this idea. Badly want those dotted and triplets too @cem_olcay if possible 🙏

• That has already been answered recently by the developer in the other official thread. It´s just confusing to make separate video threads for apps.

• @bleep said:
    That has already been answered recently by the developer in the other official thread. It´s just confusing to make separate video threads for apps.

I understand what you mean, but when there is a giveaway, I think a video is actually a newsworthy event, deserving of its own thread.

• edited June 2021

Even without a giveaway, a detailed tutorial is a significant event, of more relevance than the average in-thread post

Edit: yes, I see now that triplets and dotted will be coming in a few days' time, nice one!

• @Gavinski said:
    Feel I'm talking to the wall here, but anyway!:

Snakebud giveaway winners announced

The lucky winners, chosen randomly are:

Bob Mills snakebud
    Frrancesco Lanzillotti loopbud
    Oside Nick snakebud
    Cory Rist chordbud 2
    Geir Alfsen snakebud

Big congrats. And good luck to those who didn't win for next time.

Gavin your videos and post are always much appreciated. Take the time you need to fully recover. You have been through a lot recently and right now you need to be kind to yourself.

• @Krupa said:
    This is a surprisingly quiet thread :)

I believe this is because it it easy to dimiss the beautiful simplicity of this app. It looks almost too simple but with an array of them playing in sequence great things can be accomplished.

• @Gavinski , I for one watched the video and yet again, as a result, bought the app. Many thanks for all your hard work over the last year and I hope your new projects, life etc work out well.

• Thanks guys! @Toastedghost you are right, I have been through a pretty rough few months, and my eyes are still very bothersome. Extremely prone to eye fatigue and that, among other things, is making keeping this channel running quite the challenge.

Back to Snakebud though:
    Anyone had any problem with the new version? I found when I opened an AUM session saved with the old version, the timings of the instances of Snakebud had changed to dotted timings, even though that was not how they were saved. Anyone else get any weirdness?

• Yup, turns out a side effect of dotted and triplet being added is that you may need to tweek your old sessions

• @Gavinski perhaps you could mention to Cem the direction suggestion

• @NimboStratus said:
    @Gavinski perhaps you could mention to Cem the direction suggestion

I don’t think it is fair to developers to try to use YouTubers like @Gavinski as a lever to get feature requests in. It puts the developer in a difficult situation.

The developer is already engaging on the official thread over here where you can ask him yourself https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45339/snakebud-auv3-midi-sequencer-inspired-by-rene-out#latest

• I tried and no reply. Tried again.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yup, turns out a side effect of dotted and triplet being added is that you may need to tweek your old sessions

I’m not seeing this FWIW.

• @NimboStratus said:
    I tried and no reply. Tried again.

Yeah OK but if I’ve got this right (and apologies if I haven’t) you are expecting a response to a feature request in under 10 hours from a sole indie dev over the weekend? That’s a pretty high expectation!

• @gusgranite said:

@NimboStratus said:
    I tried and no reply. Tried again.

Yeah OK but if I’ve got this right (and apologies if I haven’t) you are expecting a response to a feature request in under 10 hours from a sole indie dev over the weekend? That’s a pretty high expectation!

Let's move this to 1:1 as it's off topic.