Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to import a Nave presets bank? (SOLVED)

2»

Comments

• @anickt ...And there they are! How?! I tried it with Nave open, and still no luck. Just to double check, I’ve got the emailed file on my iPad in a Nave folder I created. Then I long pressed the file and chose compress to zip. That’s the one I posted here. I also have the uncompressed version. With both versions, if I long press them and select share, Nave is not listed in the main window nor listed in the “More” section, and having Nave open does not work either. So for me it’s an unexplainable mystery. I guess I could just finish naming the presets and issue the bank properly and hope that some people could use it. Problem is, there’s gonna be loads of import questions I can’t answer if it doesn’t work for some people, and it’ll just generate more frustrations. Might be wiser to quit on this one now with my sanity still intact. 😅

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2021

Worked for me - on my iPad Pro 1.5 / IOS 13.6 i have the ‚copy to nave‘ option when sharing the .navebank file.

But for the first try, Nave stopped working/crashed to white:

I had to close Nave using the task overview. If Nave wasn‘t running before sharing it continously ran into that white screen.

So i tried again by first starting Nave and then doing the sharing and got them imported :)

• The bug in iOS 13 that causes the share sheet issue unfortunately prevents Open In to work with some targets regardless of what one does. Opening Nave first doesn't bake a difference for someone whose system is subject to the problem.

Sometimes a hard reset solves the problem but not for me. Not everyone with iOS 13 experience it. It seems connected to somecas-yet-unidentifed apps having an unexpected effect on filename extension mapping.

• edited June 2021

@Hypervox said:
    Worked for Me. I had to extract the .nave file, and then share that (with Nave open) but it worked. IOS 14.4

This worked for me, too. Once the .nave file was extracted manually, it found Nave and was imported. So @Hypervox 's description can serve as your instructions, @Spidericemidas :)

• @Hypervox said:
    Worked for Me. I had to extract the .nave file, and then share that (with Nave open) but it worked. IOS 14.4

Same for me. Firstly select AudioShare as a destination then export the Spidericemidas.navebank file to Nave while open.

• As @anickt said: Nave has to open BEFORE and then I had no issues whatsoever. Opening the file, share… into NAVE and boom. No problems. Thanks @Spidericemidas for these new patches!

• Audioshare method not working for me. I’m out of options and patience with it now. But it’s obviously working smoothly for some people here, so I think I might just finish giving the patches their names and reissue the bank in a new thread to present and explain them properly. I’ll add a link to this thread as well just in case anyone encounters difficulties. Those who now have the test bank already can either ignore the new thread and live with presets named Test1 to Test25, or delete this test bank from their Nave and install the updated one with presets named properly. I’ll probably get around to it next week.

Thanks again all for your help and efforts on this one! 😊👍🙏❤️

• Oh how I wish Nave would expose its Documents folder to Files.app.

The 4 track recorder is very nice and saves *.wav files to 'iTunes' but I need to hook the iPad to my computer to dig out them files...

• @Spidericemidas said:
    @ervin @anickt @circledsquare @_ki @espiegel123 @NeuM Well...Nave is definitely refusing to show up for me using the above methods. At least I’ve now managed to attach the zipped file here. Maybe you could see if you are able to get it into Nave as a test? I hadn’t got to naming the presets yet when I did the export/import test and found out it wasn’t working. So if you do manage to obtain this bank, you should see the bank is called Spidericemidas and the presets are currently named “Test1”....up to 25. If we have some success with this file, I’ll finish naming the presets properly and reissue the bank.

Thanks all for your patience and helpful suggestions/comments. Very much appreciated.

Works. Fantastic presets.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    @ervin @anickt @circledsquare @_ki @espiegel123 @NeuM Well...Nave is definitely refusing to show up for me using the above methods. At least I’ve now managed to attach the zipped file here. Maybe you could see if you are able to get it into Nave as a test? I hadn’t got to naming the presets yet when I did the export/import test and found out it wasn’t working. So if you do manage to obtain this bank, you should see the bank is called Spidericemidas and the presets are currently named “Test1”....up to 25. If we have some success with this file, I’ll finish naming the presets properly and reissue the bank.

Thanks all for your patience and helpful suggestions/comments. Very much appreciated.

Works. Fantastic presets.

Thanks! Hey, I’m glad it worked for you and you got the presets. Unfortunately as this thread was meant to be a test, the presets are still named as “Test”. I usually name presets when I’m done and going through them for releasing. I wanted to release the bank properly when the presets were named. I know it might be a bit of a pain for those who already got the test bank but I’m going to name the presets and release the bank properly. I’ve since added a few more Ozric type presets as well. So look out for the final bank in a new thread very soon. It’s just a simple step of deleting the this test bank and installing the final bank. 👍

• edited June 2021

This might help @Spidericemidas

I made a very quick iOS shortcut to allow you to see Nave in the sharesheet. Tested it with @anickt zip file (after I extracted it), and it worked.
    https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/63f4d5075af146cebf8067f3e8593e83

• @seonnthaproducer said:

I made a very quick iOS shortcut to allow you to see Nave in the sharesheet. Tested it with @anickt zip file (after I extracted it), and it worked.

>
    Great. It worked for me. Interestingly, Copy to Nave is now visible and working in the More section of the share sheet. It was visible bit not working before I ran your shortcut.

• @espiegel123 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

>
    Great. It worked for me. Interestingly, Copy to Nave is now visible and working in the More section of the share sheet. It was visible bit not working before I ran your shortcut.

That’s a curious thing new to me. Thanks for sharing the short cut @seonnthaproducer much appreciated and great it worked for @espiegel123 I’ll give it a go later and see what happens. Hopefully it will help anyone else having difficulties with Nave showing itself! Awesome. 👍🙏

• @onkey said:
    Here’s a long winded workaround for those still having issues. I’m sure there’s an easier way but it works for me on iOS 14.

Download file from server
    Navigate to FILES / Downloads
    Long press the .navebank file and select [compress]
    Share the newly created .zip file with AudioShare
    Unzip the file in AudioShare which exposes the .txt extension
    Long press the file and select [rename]
    Uncheck the [keep extension] checkbox and remove “.txt” after the .navebank extension
    Long press the renamed .navebank file, select [Export/Share] > NAVE

Enjoy the wonderful patches:)

• @Samu said:
    Oh how I wish Nave would expose its Documents folder to Files.app.

The 4 track recorder is very nice and saves *.wav files to 'iTunes' but I need to hook the iPad to my computer to dig out them files...

You could just play them into AUM and record them there.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

You could just play them into AUM and record them there.

And use double storage?
    I hardly ever use Nave these days.

My iPad Air 2 is almost always connected to the MacMini using Lightning->USB Cable to keep it charged :sunglasses:
    And when/if I need the Nave sounds it's IDAM to the rescue.

Nave would be nice as an AUV3 but don't expect that to happen...

Cheers!